RIP to Bulls | The Boneyard

RIP to Bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shocker! Just kidding, this was a done deal about halfway through last season. Great spot for RIP.

Reaction Score
Shocker! Just kidding, this was a done deal about halfway through last season. Great spot for RIP.
haha should be exciting to see him play for a team he actually wants to play on

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
the espn analyst said hamilton isn't a good fit because most of the highlights show him hitting mid range jumpers and the Bulls need a 2G who can hit the 3. he's a career 35% 3 point shooter. not sure how many of his shots are from out there but how about doing that kind of homework instead of saying he's not a good match because of 20 seconds of highlights?

Reaction Score
Anything above 33% is excellent from three. It equates to 50% from inside the arc. It's amazing how many people do not understand that.

Last year he was 38%.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Haha, a rare Ajou Deng reference on ESPN.com

Reaction Score
Anything above 33% is excellent from three. It equates to 50% from inside the arc. It's amazing how many people do not understand that.

Last year he was 38%.
League average is 35%, so i wouldn't consider 33% excellent by any means.

Reaction Score
He's not a good 3-point shooter, but he's decent enough. Certainly better from long range than the rest of the trash the Bulls were throwing out there at SG last season (aside from Korver, but he's a liability at everything BUT shooting).

That's a ridiculous reason to say he isn't a good fit for the Bulls, though. He has an excellent mid-range/finesse game that should complement Rose's power drives to the basket quite well. Oh, and did I mention he's about a thousand times better than what the Bulls had at 2G last year?

Solid move for both parties.

Reaction Score

Last year he was 38%.
So if his toes are an inch past the arc his chances of making the shot shoot up to 50%?

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
So if his toes are an inch past the arc his chances of making the shot shoot up to 50%?
His point is that if a player only attempts threes, he can hit 33% of his shots and still net the same points as a 50% shooter whose attempts all occur inside the arc.

6 points on 2-6 shooting from 3pt = 33%
6 points on 3-6 shooting from 2pt = 50%

Reaction Score
Awesome! great destination for him and 3 years? even better.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Congrats to Rip! Great pickup for the Bulls.

And in Rip's honor...

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
the espn analyst said hamilton isn't a good fit because most of the highlights show him hitting mid range jumpers and the Bulls need a 2G who can hit the 3. he's a career 35% 3 point shooter. not sure how many of his shots are from out there but how about doing that kind of homework instead of saying he's not a good match because of 20 seconds of highlights?
Talking heads love to focus on player's shortcomings and predict poor results...glad to see Rip on a contending team...now I have to add the Bulls & Clips as teams to cheer for!

Reaction Score
He's not a good 3-point shooter, but he's decent enough. Certainly better from long range than the rest of the trash the Bulls were throwing out there at SG last season (aside from Korver, but he's a liability at everything BUT shooting).

That's a ridiculous reason to say he isn't a good fit for the Bulls, though. He has an excellent mid-range/finesse game that should complement Rose's power drives to the basket quite well. Oh, and did I mention he's about a thousand times better than what the Bulls had at 2G last year?

Solid move for both parties.

if i could like your post a hundred times id do it. the bulls have been awful at the 2 since jordan left. ill take rip over bogans or whomever we had there in recent years. im a lifelong bulls fan,infact ive been a bulls fan longer than ive been a husky fan and im as excited for this season as ive ever been. our starting five is as good as any.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Am I the only person who thought initially this thread had to do with the demise of the Bulls?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Am I the only person who thought initially this thread had to do with the demise of the Bulls?
No you're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger