RIP Stanley Robinson | Page 5 | The Boneyard

RIP Stanley Robinson

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Total gut punch. Was on a work call for an hour and checked twitter when off and first thing I saw. Such terrible news. 2020 can't end soon enough.

RIP Sticks.

Reaction Score
He was always one of those players that I wondered about after he left college, what he had been up to? He had so much athleticism and talent, I think sometimes he suffered from lack of confidence in his ability to really excel at the next level. When he put it together he was a monster. A sad day.

Reaction Score
This one hurts. So many memories of his plays that got me hyped.

The first UCONN game I ever went to I made a sign that said, "Stanely Robinson will you dunk on me?"

R.I.P.

Reaction Score
RIP Sticks. Horribly sad. Thoughts are with his family and loved ones.

Reaction Score
1-800-287-TALK (8255)

There are always better options and it's not a sign of weakness to ask for help.
Is that what is suspected? There have been a few posts now mentioning mental health and hotlines. I would hope that’s not baseless speculation.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Just incredibly sad for Stanley's family, UConn and all those who knew and loved Stanley. Thank you Sticks for all the great memories.
Rest easy brother.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What the heck?! I was waiting to see that this was someone else with the same name? Wow, I really saddened to hear this. Anyone know what happened?

My sympathies go out his friends and family.

EDIT: I read through the thread and see more of the detail. Just really, really sad. I wonder if he knew how loved he was by UConn fans. Not that it would have mattered. It would just make me a little less sad knowing that he knew it. Keep Sticks, his family and friends in your prayers.

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Damn man, gone too soon. RIP... I will never forget his alley oop against Texas, one of the most epic plays in UConn history. With Vern on the call along with Clark Kellogg, “Sticks to the rafters! Go get it Stanley!” Thanks for the memories.
That brought the house down. One of the best UConn games/memories ever.

Reaction Score
RIP Stanley Robinson, One of the greats. Lucky to have seen him play and grow at UConn
Someone I never knew personally or even met, but someone I always had the best genuine wishes for, more so than any other guys to come through, I can't explain it

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Very, very sad news. Truly a favorite of Uconn fans as a player and human being. RIP Stanley.

Reaction Score
Kudos to whoever updated his Wikipedia page...legend indeed...rest easy Sticks
ED053083-FCF0-4897-8F7E-FB455F1A293B.png

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was working for a tree care company when Stix was at UConn, and we were working near the apartment he was living in at the time, right off campus. I saw him get out of his car and head towards his door, and I was literally right there. This was when he took his time off and went and got a job. I went up to him, told him I was a huge UConn hoops fan and wished him nothing but the best. His response was very friendly and appreciative.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom