Rickea Jackson transfers | The Boneyard

Rickea Jackson transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Texas or Tennessee is my guess. I know SC was runner-up and she is good friends with Zia but I don’t think this is where she’ll end up. She’s also friends with Horston. She’ll be a good one, wherever she ends up.

Reaction Score
Saw this coming! Saw something in the SC thread on here that one of them was in correspondence with her so maybe that’s where she heads?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
A very odd time to enter the portal, just past the season midpoint.

Is this related to the rift between HC and assistant?
It is odd timing. Most, if not all, schools have already started their Spring semesters. But, she still has time to enroll at some schools based on their enrollment deadlines

Can't tell if she plans to remain at MSU this semester, withdraw from MSU and sit out the rest of the semester (at home), or enroll immediately at her new school.

Reaction Score
Texas or Tennessee is my guess. I know SC was runner-up and she is good friends with Zia but I don’t think this is where she’ll end up. She’s also friends with Horston. She’ll be a good one, wherever she ends up.
Texas, Tennessee, and SC seem like the logical choices. It depends on what her goals are. She can possibly be the best player on a good team that can make a run at a final four or she can be a solid piece on a great team competing for a national title. I think it will be between Texas and SC because of relationship. I could be wrong, but I don't think Rickea has any type of relationship with any of the new coaches at Tennesse since she was recruited by Holly. If she had a strong relationship with Vick she will go to Texas. Let me throw Ole Miss in there in case she likes the state of Mississippi.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
sad bulldog.jpg

Reaction Score
Why not a Michigan, Louisville, or even MD?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Texas, Tennessee, and SC seem like the logical choices. It depends on what her goals are. She can possibly be the best player on a good team that can make a run at a final four or she can be a solid piece on a great team competing for a national title. I think it will be between Texas and SC because of relationship. I could be wrong, but I don't think Rickea has any type of relationship with any of the new coaches at Tennesse since she was recruited by Holly. If she had a strong relationship with Vick she will go to Texas.
Her final 3 schools were MSU, SC, & Rutgers. It's safe to say that Rutgers is a no go, especially with CVS's future with the program uncertain.

So I'll say either Texas, or SC.

But Kim better get on the phone at least!

Reaction Score
My understanding is it nothing sinister. R Jackson was a highly rated player coming out of high school and signed with a program whose expectation was to compete for a national championship. She stayed during the transition to include after things didn’t go well. I hate she gone but this gives her a chance to transfer, practice a semester then play two years.

Reaction Score
Her final 3 schools were MSU, SC, & Rutgers. It's safe to say that Rutgers is a no go, especially with CVS's future with the program uncertain.

So I'll say either Texas, or SC.

But Kim better get on the phone at least!
She would have definitely been the missing piece on this LSU team.

Reaction Score
Not saying it’s not significant, but just because a player was interested in a school 2-3 years ago doesn’t mean the same level of interest is there. I could see schools like UConn, Maryland, and even Louisville as potential landing spots for her as well.

Her wording of always dreaming of playing in the SEC and State giving her the chance makes me wonder if she’ll look to go up north now that she’s done that. But I can’t help but feel like she’s going to Texas. She looked her best under Vic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hate to see this but I was surprised she stuck around after last season. While Jessika Carter is still on the roster, she hasn’t played this season. That leaves only Myah Taylor on the roster from the 2020 team that lost in the finals of the SEC tournament before the shut down.

Rikea has all the tools to be a good one for a team. I hope she is happy and successful wherever she winds up.

Reaction Score
I hate to see this but I was surprised she stuck around after last season. While Jessika Carter is still on the roster, she hasn’t played this season. That leaves only Myah Taylor on the roster from the 2020 team that lost in the finals of the SEC tournament before the shut down.

Rikea has all the tools to be a good one for a team. I hope she is happy and successful wherever she winds up.
One and a half seasons and only one player from Coach Schaefer is still here. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom