Rick Issanza (C, 7'1", 225) to visit | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Rick Issanza (C, 7'1", 225) to visit

Reaction Score
On the other hand, there are always kids who blossom late (or like in his case start late) and might have been under recruited until now. An athletic 7-1 guy with a 7-7 wingspan and good timing and hand-eye coordination has tons of upside.

Not to mention he has had numerous good offers from the likes of schools like Texas Tech and TCU who seem to thrive on finding these types of under the radar guys. Remember David’s Moretti that no one had heard of? He just started and played a major role in the national championship. If Chris Beard and Jamie Dixon were on this guy I’m interested.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know his age? He appears to have decent upside since he’s only been playing a few years. Definitely worth a 1 year contract with team option

Reaction Score
There isnt much on big Rick aside from what we have from rivals.

Seeing as rivals puts him ahead of Jon Bol Ajak, Syracuse commit 3* 0.8535 per 247 and Raymond Hawkins, Alabama commit 0.8992 per 247 I think it’s safe to say he’s a 3* high 80’s guy for you 247 nerds. All these recruiting websites vary, of course, in rankings so it’s very difficult to guesstimate a ranking.

Rick has BIG12 offers but it doesn’t seem like he’s visited anywhere outside of UConn which is good for us but can be one of those “proceed with caution” as he hasn’t had a proper evaluation from the big time recruiting outlets.

In a recent TCU basketball recruiting article: “Playing for Bella Vista coach Kyle Weaver, a TCU alum himself, has certainly helped the shot-blocking dynamo build a relationship with the basketball staff, and it’s likely to come down to the Frogs or Bears when it comes to winning the big man’s services.”

HS coach is a TCU alum. Meh.

Raw talent, sure. But with Josh picking up a majority of the minutes, competing with him and Akok regularly, and the mere fact you can’t teach size I would love to have him. 7’1” is pretty damn tall!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
There isnt much on big Rick aside from what we have from rivals.

Seeing as rivals puts him ahead of Jon Bol Ajak, Syracuse commit 3* 0.8535 per 247 and Raymond Hawkins, Alabama commit 0.8992 per 247 I think it’s safe to say he’s a 3* high 80’s guy for you 247 nerds. All these recruiting websites vary, of course, in rankings so it’s very difficult to guesstimate a ranking.

Rick has BIG12 offers but it doesn’t seem like he’s visited anywhere outside of UConn which is good for us but can be one of those “proceed with caution” as he hasn’t had a proper evaluation from the big time recruiting outlets.

In a recent TCU basketball recruiting article: “Playing for Bella Vista coach Kyle Weaver, a TCU alum himself, has certainly helped the shot-blocking dynamo build a relationship with the basketball staff, and it’s likely to come down to the Frogs or Bears when it comes to winning the big man’s services.”

HS coach is a TCU alum. Meh.

Raw talent, sure. But with Josh picking up a majority of the minutes, competing with him and Akok regularly, and the mere fact you can’t teach size I would love to have him. 7’1” is pretty damn tall!
He’s a legit 7’1 too. Kid is gigantic. Two year starter for Bella Vista, which is one of the best programs in the country, which is encouraging. One thing he can do which will translate is block shots he’s a phenomenal shot blocker. Still a gamble taking him he’s so raw he’s likely a year away from being a year away. I like the Chuck Okwandu comparison, seems accurate.

Reaction Score
He is the #1 undecided center.
Funny you say that because Charles Coleman actually just decommited from Wake. I wonder if Hurley will get involved. The old staff was going after him if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score
Funny you say that because Charles Coleman actually just decommited from Wake. I wonder if Hurley will get involved. The old staff was going after him if I remember correctly.

Well that’s interesting...

Reaction Score
What happened to this guy? I remember being on him early and thought he was a top 75 recruit. Now he’s outside the top 300?

Don’t believe he was ever top 75. Was always a lower ranked guy that we thought could end up being a big riser, but never rose.

Reaction Score
If there is a scholarship available I would take him provided he understands he is a backup. We could use another big with length

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Coleman is less mobile but is stronger. There are plenty of upsides to the available candidates.
This kid isn't an athlete, he and Coleman are similar in that aspect.

Reaction Score
If there is a scholarship available I would take him provided he understands he is a backup. We could use another big with length

He would get 10 to 15 minutes a game and Hurley would help him develop. If he develops quickly, he could give us even more minutes by years end. I hope we get this kid

Reaction Score
7-7 wingspan on a 7-1 dude. Watch his tape, he can play basketball. All in.

Reaction Score
Hurley and co. can scout a million times better than me but 7'1 with a 7'7 wingspan. Someone who can block everything and just dunk doesn't sound at all bad to me. Not really sure what the red flag is here besides Palatine liking him...
Watch "Rick Issanza mix 2018 2019" on YouTube

Reaction Score
Hurley and co. can scout a million times better than me but 7'1 with a 7'7 wingspan. Someone who can block everything and just dunk doesn't sound at all bad to me. Not really sure what the red flag is here besides Palatine liking him...

Geez this tape looks even better than the earlier in the thread and by a lot. Close the deal please.

Reaction Score

yes please

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom