Richie Springs workout vid w/Coach Sal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Richie Springs workout vid w/Coach Sal

Reaction Score
I agree - when something bad happens you have a responsibility to exam it to see if the risk of it reoccurring in the future can be reduced. The Achilles injury very early in the game is a classic exhibit A.
Someone should tell the Yankees. They changed their entire. S&C program and Seve, Paxton and Stanton are already hurt

Reaction Score
I, for one, remember when Terry Larrier tore his ACL playing for us despite working with a trainer much maligned here by some for focusing too much on stretching and flexibility. So, we had a player tear an ACL with a flexibility regimen, a player tear an ACL during a strength regimen. It's almost as if--gasp!--these are the sort of accidents that happen playing basketball, and the injuries are largely random!

C

Chief00

Someone should tell the Yankees. They changed their entire. S&C program and Seve, Paxton and Stanton are already hurt
IDK - Too often the assumption on an internet board is that if you take another look at something to see if you can do anything better - that that’s an inherent admission of incompetence.
My own opinion is, that you should be continuously doing just that. You can never avoid all injuries, but you should be always striving to reduce injury risk. An example, for the casual fan understanding, is mopping condensation from the XL Center’s floor. Will that mean a player will never slip on a wet spot? Of course not, but it still a worthwhile thing to do to reduce that risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
IDK - Too often the assumption on an internet board is that if you take another look at something to see if you can do anything better - that that’s an inherent admission of incompetence.
My own opinion is, that you should be continuously doing just that.
My point was that Yanks did make large scale changes and they are still having injury issues

Reaction Score
Is it tho? For a strength coach...is it really?
The other part of it is that it wasn’t just him. On the still shot you can see like 2 other guys with their feet up against the guy next to them. So it was Sal, then a guy to his right supporting him by planting his left foot next to Sal’s right foot. Then a third guy doing the same for the second guy lol it was a team effort and clearly thought out

C

Chief00

I got certified as a kettlebell instructor back in 2006 and use them a training tool in my workouts. The swing is a great exercise for using a hip hinge to strengthen the posterior chain. Just. keep them away from P Diddy.
I use to be a chief supporter but he's out of his expertise here. Now SharonT, I suggest you leave the training advice to those who have a clue.
If you only knew.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
injuries are part of the game which stinks. Hopefully both players will come back stronger than ever

C

Chief00

That you’re a charlatan 99% of the time? We’re all well aware bud
“bud” - Does that generic reference make you feel superior? And who’s has been guided to read a book on building relationships? Hint, it’s not Chief. LOL
Actually, Sal and I are fine, hence my “if you only knew “ comment.

C

Chief00

Just informing you
LOL - like the people who thought I was doing the popular Briefs for attention rather than as a service and to pump up the ad dollars for the site.
Given all the questions I get about why I am not doing them, it may be just easier to do them again? IDK?

Reaction Score
LOL - like the people who thought I was doing the popular Briefs for attention rather than as a service and to pump up the ad dollars for the site.
Given all the questions I get about why I am not doing them, it may be just easier to do them again? IDK?
Stop further derailing the thread

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The other part of it is that it wasn’t just him. On the still shot you can see like 2 other guys with their feet up against the guy next to them. So it was Sal, then a guy to his right supporting him by planting his left foot next to Sal’s right foot. Then a third guy doing the same for the second guy lol it was a team effort and clearly thought out

Chief reco to Sal right here:

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
thx u 4 ur service

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I thought we weren’t allowed to have multiple accounts from the same IP address?

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Love him or hate him, the thing that you absolutely have to respect about Chief is that he's all about the team. He never, and I mean never, makes it about himself.

My favorite All About Chief memory is the time Mrs. Dribbles posted to basically say goodbye to the BY....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all Boneyarders. I hope that I will be here to the end of this season, but my health is failing. I had a myelitis stroke on July 27, 2017 and have been on an ventilator since then. I have been able to be home since Nov 27, 2017, but am now not doing so well. I haven't missed a game since being home and the Ladies too. I wanted to connect one more time with all of you.

Thanks for everything you all have done over the past 20 yrs. GO HUSKIES!

Mrs. Dribbles

So of course everyone is saying that they're praying for her, and how much we enjoyed her posts, and doing our best to be normal humans, except for Chief who comes in and manages to make Chief the hero of the story...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years - Chief will be cheering our young fellows on tomorrow in person for you - so just enjoy the game.

Guileless narcissism. I really respect it, he absolutely is what he is and is 100% comfortable with it.

BTW, I hope you're still out there and enjoying the season Mrs. Dribbles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom