Richie Springs workout vid w/Coach Sal | The Boneyard

Richie Springs workout vid w/Coach Sal

Reaction Score

Glad this young man's in the lab getting that body ready for the rigors of the Big East... We are gonna need him as part of our frontcourt... Almost forgot about him after getting caught up into how well we've been coming together with the current squad.. Gonna be a fun ride with him joining in starting next year...

Reaction Score
Don't like the stress I am seeing on the lower back with a couple of these exercises.
The record: Carlton a step slower and can't jump. Polley out with a torn up knee while
doing a routine jump stop. Akok out with torn achilles after an seemingly harmless jump ball and block. Having torn up my own knee due to a lack of proper warmup and stretching, I think this entire strength and conditioning program needs to reviewed.

Right on cue . . .

Reaction Score
Really could have used this kid this year with our injury situation. Glad he's putting the work in, hope to see him make a real impact next year.

Reaction Score
Don't like the stress I am seeing on the lower back with a couple of these exercises.
The record: Carlton a step slower and can't jump. Polley out with a torn up knee while
doing a routine jump stop. Akok out with torn achilles after an seemingly harmless jump ball and block. Having torn up my own knee due to a lack of proper warmup and stretching, I think this entire strength and conditioning program needs to reviewed.

Didn't realize you were an armchair SC coach too. Just because you sneer at the lunk alarm at planet fitness 2x a week doesn't mean you have a clue how to train d1 athletes. Every one of these lifts are pretty basic, normal stuff. Fundamentals done at a high level is the goal.

People like you are 100x worse than nelson and pal to me. Having torn your ACL qualifies you to do nothing. Congrats--you are one of 1,000,000 people who have injured their knee.

The idea that this team doesn't warm up is ludicrous.

Carlton will always be slow. It is mental even more than physical at this point. Not knowing where to be on D and an inability to pass makes you look bad. Teams have figured him out.

6'9 kids with bicep sized legs are injury prone no matter who trains them. What looks "routine" to you isn't. These kids bodies are not normal. That jump stop or block puts a heck of a lot more stress on the body than anything you've dreamed of doing.

Injury rates are high all over college bball.

It happens. Stop being so annoying.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Remind me, did Springs red-shirt because of pre-season injury ?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Didn't realize you were an armchair SC coach too. Just because you sneer at the lunk alarm at planet fitness 2x a week doesn't mean you have a clue how to train d1 athletes. Every one of these lifts are pretty basic, normal stuff. Fundamentals done at a high level is the goal.

People like you are 100x worse than nelson and pal to me. Having torn your ACL qualifies you to do nothing. Congrats--you are one of 1,000,000 people who have injured their knee.

The idea that this team doesn't warm up is ludicrous.

Carlton will always be slow. It is mental even more than physical at this point. Not knowing where to be on D and an inability to pass makes you look bad. Teams have figured him out.

6'9 kids with bicep sized legs are injury prone no matter who trains them. What looks "routine" to you isn't. These kids bodies are not normal. That jump stop or block puts a heck of a lot more stress on the body than anything you've dreamed of doing.

Injury rates are high all over college bball.

It happens. Stop being so annoying.
mic drop.gif

Reaction Score
Did you enjoy the continental breakfast at your Holiday Inn this morning?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakn' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.
I just lost it at my desk.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Glad to see him putting in the work. He's still skinny, especially those thighs. I realize it's tough with legs that long. That year off should really help him be productive for us next year, even though the injuries meant we could really use him this year.

pj

Reaction Score
How many players over 6'8" has Sal worked with over the past year? Carlton, Akok, Polly
and Whaley. You do the math.

There's nothing wrong with the exercises they are doing -- as long as they are done with good form, which they are, and weights are not excessive and are escalated slowly, which is clearly the case, the exercises will improve fitness and reduce injury risk.

If there is a problem, it's much more likely to be on the nutritional side than on the physical training side, where it seems we have good expertise. Repeated daily exercise will break down tissue if the nutrition isn't there to build it back up again.

Akok's fall off in production in the month prior to his injury was a sign that something was wrong and injury risk was high. Perhaps that warning sign should have been heeded more closely.

As for your claim that Akok's injury occurred on a routine play, that's nonsense. He made a leap that places tremendous stress on the Achilles tendon from a forward leaning posture in which the tendon is stretched. That's exactly the kind of play you'd expect such an injury to occur.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom