Richie Springs workout vid w/Coach Sal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Richie Springs workout vid w/Coach Sal

Reaction Score
To expound upon my Carlton comments. The goal was to get him big and strong, recognizing that his game is going to be earthbound. It would make sense to get him massive to maximize the things he is good at. He hasn't been able to capitlize fkr whatever reason.

There are TONS of huge unathletic dudes competing in d1 ball. They play to their strengths and with good IQ. Gives me hope for carlton--I think he can adapt his game and be a real contributor.

Also, I take this stuff a little bit too seriously because I have a rather personal connection to our S&C program. I'll leave it at that.

I am not close to an expert. Far, far from it. But That being said, it's pretty obviously that there are different levels of S&C IQ on this board. Pretty hard to have a semi-intellectual conversation with people who think a kettlebell swing is dangerous. Other than literally a no weight, form-only hip hinge, that's about as simple as it gets. Kids start them at age 10 for crying out loud. Are there any less risky lower back exercises?

I trust Sal. I know Hurley does. He is experienced, motivated and totally bought-in to helping these kids. There is nothing fancy about this program. He's working the kids up to big compound lifts. And a warm-up. Standard stuff, but very well structured.

pj

Reaction Score
If you are trying to say that we need to eat boiled connective tissue to make stronger connective tissue, I have to say your way off the science mark, it doesn't work that way.

You're mistaken - it would help. There are other sources of extracellular matrix components, such as shellfish, but long-cooked connective tissue would be the most direct and nutritious source. And that most people are deficient in the key nutrients needed to make extracellular matrix is beyond question. This is why, for example, collagen or gelatin supplements show health benefits in clinical trials, e.g.:
The body has a limited ability to synthesize nutrients from other nutrients, e.g. to generate amino acids from other amino acids. However, this limited capacity is not sufficient to fully optimize tissue health, especially in elite athletes who are stressing their body every day. It's important for athletes to get the specific nutrients they need in the right proportions and quantities.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Coach Sal posted 5h ago from Hartford indicating he’s reading a book about Leadership Strategy & Tactics...

I call BS...I guarantee that hes been reading this thread laughing his arse off!

BTW...if you spend some time looking through his IG page, it’s pretty clear he’s not the ignorant uneducated hack some of you armchair trainers are trying to insinuate he might be...dude is on the cutting edge of contemporary athletic training, nutritional, and motivational techniques.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
To expound upon my Carlton comments. The goal was to get him big and strong, recognizing that his game is going to be earthbound. It would make sense to get him massive to maximize the things he is good at. He hasn't been able to capitlize fkr whatever reason.

There are TONS of huge unathletic dudes competing in d1 ball. They play to their strengths and with good IQ. Gives me hope for carlton--I think he can adapt his game and be a real contributor.

Also, I take this stuff a little bit too seriously because I have a rather personal connection to our S&C program. I'll leave it at that.

I am not close to an expert. Far, far from it. But That being said, it's pretty obviously that there are different levels of S&C IQ on this board. Pretty hard to have a semi-intellectual conversation with people who think a kettlebell swing is dangerous. Other than literally a no weight, form-only hip hinge, that's about as simple as it gets. Kids start them at age 10 for crying out loud. Are there any less risky lower back exercises?

I trust Sal. I know Hurley does. He is experienced, motivated and totally bought-in to helping these kids. There is nothing fancy about this program. He's working the kids up to big compound lifts. And a warm-up. Standard stuff, but very well structured.
I think the two biggest risks are the kettle ball (or barbell weight) goes flying across the room on the foreswing or hits one in the Senhor's on the backswing. I have seen both happen!!

Reaction Score
Coach Sal posted 5h ago from Hartford indicating he’s reading a book about Leadership Strategy & Tactics...

I call BS...I guarantee that hes been reading this thread laughing his arse off!

BTW...if you spend some time looking through his IG page, it’s pretty clear he’s not the ignorant uneducated hack some of you armchair trainers are trying to insinuate he might be...dude is on the cutting edge of contemporary athletic training, nutritional, and motivational techniques.

There’s also comments from an account named “chief_uc” who leaves comments in third person lol.

Reaction Score
A strength and conditioning coach - whose livelihood is entirely dependent on his expertise - would have to be an absolute idiot to post videos of clients/team members using incorrect form. I suggest that Sal is no idiot.

Reaction Score
Still waiting on your explanation for your concern over low back “strain”; describe what you see in the video that leads you to be concerned

What was the highest weight you saw on that video? I know; I want to see if you can even tell that
Mostly testing myself but I think 135 when he was doing the front squats

Reaction Score
***THIS ONE IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED***

Look at the torture these poor kids are being put through in this video…posted 4 days ago.

In the second one, especially, one of our boys is doing squats by a smith machine with chains attached to the weight bar… ACTUAL BIG CHAINS!!!!

Next thing you know, Sal’s going to have them running behind a SAAB tied to the bumper!

Reaction Score
I really hope Sal sees this thread, makes the team do OH squats, and posts it just so we can watch @sharonT 's head explode (figuratively of course).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If you are trying to say that we need to eat boiled connective tissue to make stronger connective tissue, I have to say your way off the science mark, it doesn't work that way.
"Honey nevermind, you don't have to make tendon stew for me."

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I think he’s sending a message to Sharon.

Reaction Score

Uh, its probably more due to the fact that he tripped that Dolphins player live on tv, and we still tease him for it because it was so bizarre.

Reaction Score
I got certified as a kettlebell instructor back in 2006 and use them a training tool in my workouts. The swing is a great exercise for using a hip hinge to strengthen the posterior chain. Just. keep them away from P Diddy.
I use to be a chief supporter but he's out of his expertise here. Now SharonT, I suggest you leave the training advice to those who have a clue.

Reaction Score
I got certified as a kettlebell instructor back in 2006 and use them a training tool in my workouts. The swing is a great exercise for using a hip hinge to strengthen the posterior chain. Just. keep them away from P Diddy.
I use to be a chief supporter but he's out of his expertise here. Now SharonT, I suggest you leave the training advice to those who have a clue.
Spoiler alert: he's always out of his expertise.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Depending on moves we make in the spring Springs could be the most important piece for next year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Uh, its probably more due to the fact that he tripped that Dolphins player live on tv, and we still tease him for it because it was so bizarre.

Is it tho? For a strength coach...is it really?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom