Richie Springs - Anyone else think we should give him some run Saturday? | The Boneyard

Richie Springs - Anyone else think we should give him some run Saturday?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Anyone else think we should give him some run Saturday? Program needs new life injected into it and Whaley needs his minutes cut with his play and conditioning. No Akok. Martin being used on the perimeter. This opens up some minutes at the 4. Xavier has some young front court players he can match up against. Kid was a top 100 recruit at one point. 2nd on the EYBL in rebounding. He’s no slouch.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I guess provided an insider is interested in responding, why doesn't Richie play?

Reaction Score
No. Unless:
  • Major foul trouble between Sanogo, Whaley and Carlton
  • We're up or down by a ton in the last few minutes of the game
He'll get his PT next year. Remember, bigs are the position most likely to have a developmental bench-riding first year. Top-50 recruits like Walker Kessler, Mark Williams, Mady Sissoko aren't even getting 10 mpg this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No. Unless:
  • Major foul trouble between Sanogo, Whaley and Carlton
  • We're up or down by a ton in the last few minutes of the game
He'll get his PT next year. Remember, bigs are the position most likely to have a developmental bench-riding first year. Top-50 recruits like Walker Kessler, Mark Williams, Mady Sissoko aren't even getting 10 mpg this season.
Isn’t this his second year on the bench? I know last year was a red shirt year, but...

Reaction Score
I was hoping I wouldnt have to begin this season of UCONN basketball to face the same type negatives I suffered through with my NY Giants...bare with me for a tangible point,,,at least Judge played a lot of players so we can see exactly what we have. Hurley..not so much...this isnt a tournament team without a healthy Bouk...let the rooks like Jackson play,,,let Springs get his feet wet , we already know what we have with Whatley, with Adams and Polley and it isnt winning basketball.

Reaction Score
Put him in, this year is spiraling out of control. And we aren’t going anywhere without Bouk.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
While I am interested to see what Springs can do, I trust the coaching staff from an evaluation standpoint. If he is not getting minutes there is a really good reason for it.

We have hit a tough stretch but the season is not over by any means. I find it hard to believe Springs will suddenly outperform any of the bugs that are getting minutes ahead of him. We need to find a way to be productive up front with a Whaley, Carlton, and Sanogo (lots of Sanogo) rotation. Mix in Tyrese at the 4 if we need to go small.

Reaction Score
No I know there is one who had injuries a year or two ago who played six years of college ball.
But can we just go with the premise on this board that if a guy is getting zero burn each and every game there is probably a good reason for that. The guy throwing guys towels is not gonna come in and all of a sudden be the answer to our prayers

Reaction Score
This team went from “loaded” to a real problem with one guy down. It goes to show you how important one top level player can be to a team. Right now we are at dangerous inflection point where we the season could go downhill real fast. DH has to right the ship and get this team in a position to perform without Bouk as their safety blanket.

Reaction Score
Wonder what's going on with Richie. Hasn't seen the floor in a long time.

Reaction Score
Is Polley really contributing at this point, or Carlton? hell use the fouls up

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What does Springs do that we're struggling with, and who's minutes are you giving him?
He can take Polley’s until Polley can hit an open three. He can play the 4 with Sanogo or Whaley.

Our defense has been atrocious the last few games. It won’t hurt to see if he can defend, rebound, and give us an extra 5 fouls

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom