Richard Springs Commits to UConn | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Richard Springs Commits to UConn

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
When someone who was KO-sympathetic for a lot longer than the rest of us injects something about a 3-star recruit being a “major indictment” of the new coach out or the blue, that’s enough to set off my hot take detector.
LOL at your attempt to convince people that you were one of the “rest of us” (them) and make me out to be who you were when my primary involvement after the first few weeks was to encourage you to fight the good fight.

And that encouragement was primarily because I felt that there were (and still are) hot takes over the issue. There were about sixty posters who not only wanted to see him go but needed everything about him painted in the worst way. There were a few complete supporters but I wasn’t one of them.

Now that number has dwindled but still is significant. I find it ironic that you of all people would call me out on it. Navery, superjohn, JMick I’d expect. You’re like them in that it’s “your way or the highway”, that there can’t be a middle road. I didn’t take you as someone with a selective memory.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping for a Marcus White type without the back issues, myself.

Interesting comparison. White, of course, helped -- as a role player, spot starter but helped -- as a true frosh on a very good team. It would be great if we got anything near that level of performance out of Springs.

I haven't seen Springs play, but from what I've read I view him as a little less athletic but with more of a feel for the game than Marcus.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
He/she is a loser that causes pollution on the board. Sure I could ignore him/her but ignoring people on an online message board is pointless.

@Chief00 is our mythos. He is the very symbol of ourselves!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You post negative things about Hurley all the time.
If by negative you mean I have not used this past seasons accomplishments by Dan as an indictment against the previous coach than I’m guilty as charged.

I had one tongue and cheek negative commentary about something Hurley said (he said he was a high school coach) that I misunderstood the reference and NJHusky gave me a clarification. Even though my original statement was an unsuccessful attempt at humor and not intended as negativity I chose to thank NJ and not explain myself.

To be honest my equivocation over KO is less about supporting him and more about not supporting someone such as yourself who feels the need to destroy someone he hates and anyone who is not fully on board in doing the same thing.

My hesitation to express my excitement regarding Hurley has been tempered in this forum because I observe too many instances where people are selectively ignoring some things or exaggerating some things not because they are excited about Dan but because they can’t get past the previous coach.

I know that although I can’t discourage this because there’s too much inertia I refuse to do something I believe might be encouraging it.

Bottom line is I will always stand up to bullying. Even when I agree with some or all of the points of the bully I won’t acknowledge my agreement because it only promotes a process that I find wrong.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And without the Boneyard, there is no Chief. Quite the paradox!
mind blown 4.gif

Reaction Score
If by negative you mean I have not used this past seasons accomplishments by Dan as an indictment against the previous coach than I’m guilty as charged.

I had one tongue and cheek negative commentary about something Hurley said (he said he was a high school coach) that I misunderstood the reference and NJHusky gave me a clarification. Even though my original statement was an unsuccessful attempt at humor and not intended as negativity I chose to thank NJ and not explain myself.

To be honest my equivocation over KO is less about supporting him and more about not supporting someone such as yourself who feels the need to destroy someone he hates and anyone who is not fully on board in doing the same thing.

My hesitation to express my excitement regarding Hurley has been tempered in this forum because I observe too many instances where people are selectively ignoring some things or exaggerating some things not because they are excited about Dan but because they can’t get past the previous coach.

I know that although I can’t discourage this because there’s too much inertia I refuse to do something I believe might be encouraging it.

Bottom line is I will always stand up to bullying. Even when I agree with some or all of the points of the bully I won’t acknowledge my agreement because it only promotes a process that I find wrong.
ok.gif

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Looks like he does have a stroke past 4 feet for sure and some nice ups too. Didn't he use to play more outside until his recent growing spurt?

I couldn't answer that accurately but from everything I've watched, he's a player that knows his strengths, plays within his defined role, but has the desire to maximize his upside.

In the full game footage he shows off his great feel for rebounding and interior passing, hardly puts the ball on the ground, and doesn't aggressively seek offensive touches even though he's a primary option on his team.

In the highlights, some look like all star/pickup games, he looks more comfortable with expanding his range and putting the ball on the floor.

Has anyone seen him play in person on more than one occasion? Hopefully his game continues to develop in the interior and the perimeter.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Interesting comparison. White, of course, helped -- as a role player, spot starter but helped -- as a true frosh on a very good team. It would be great if we got anything near that level of performance out of Springs.

I haven't seen Springs play, but from what I've read I view him as a little less athletic but with more of a feel for the game than Marcus.

You may be short-changing Marcus. 6-8 210, came in as #81 prospect. Not too far off of Springs in that regard.

As a freshman, he played 14 minutes, 4.1 points and 5.6 rebounds. Season ending injury early in sophomore year. That was of course, the year of our second championship. By the time the next season came around, he was trying to find minutes on a front line that included Boone, Villanueva and an improved Hilton. Was only playing a few minutes a game, and left after (i think) 5 games. Xferred to Purdue. Started 20 games for Purdue the next year and averaged around 10 and 4. Then had a supposedly career ending injury.

A year later he was playing pro in the middle east, and averaged like 18 and 14. By 2007 he was in the D-League, but had another supposedly career ending injury in the first game. Still, he was back again the next year. Can't find his averages that year online, and I think he was injured again and finally called it quits, but he did have a 20 point, 19 board game while he was there.

So I'd gladly give my left one (remember, I have 2 left ones) to see Springs turn into Marcus White without the back issues.

C

Chief00

He/she is a loser that causes pollution on the board. Sure I could ignore him/her but ignoring people on an online message board is pointless.
No, the pollution is what you see in the mirror. Because you and your circle pals have nothing insightful, original or entertaining to write — you are jealous of someone who does. Quite frankly, you are never on my radar screen until you attack me. It’s strange how you choose to attack success - like my most recent Spring forecast.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Too many people take their status on the Boneyard too seriously. And too many take other poster's persona too seriously too.
I just find I'm here less because it's mostly middle school. Less information, less fun.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
No, the pollution is what you see in the mirror. Because you and your circle pals have nothing insightful, original or entertaining to write — you are jealous of someone who does. Quite frankly, you are never on my radar screen until you attack me. It’s strange how you choose to attack success - like my most recent Spring forecast.

Sure.

Reaction Score
Too many people take their status on the Boneyard too seriously. And too many take other poster's persona too seriously too.
I just find I'm here less because it's mostly middle school. Less information, less fun.

Someone creating a message board persona is one of the saddest things I’ve ever heard. In a short time, I’ve learned that there are some great and knowledgeable fans here. Shame it’s ruined, at least for me. Enjoy the good times that are soon to come!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why you gotta insult the middle schoolers?

Reaction Score
I remember Marcus White starting the 2nd half of games for a while . I believe he started playing more after a game where Calhoun was sick. Blaney coached the game and gave White some run. After that he moved up in the rotation. I hope my memory is accurate .If somebody else remembers this please back me up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom