Rich Rod Offense | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rich Rod Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why is having an exciting offense AND a great defense mutually exclusive? The best thing the offense can do for a good D is put points on the board and do it fast. It forces the other team to lose their playcalling balance and become more predictable and succumb to sacks, interceptions and other turnovers. Diaco's statement of wanting an offense to resemble what he hated to prepare against made me feel extremely optimistic about the future. I feel currently the rules favor fast paced offenses that don't let the defense substitute and I hope we implement something like that.

Another terrific post. Like it or not, UConn is gonna have to enter the era of modern college football. Today's game ain't your grandfather's football. Heck the bad news for Oklahoma is they gave up 31 points on defense (terrible right?), the good news is the put up 45 points on the scoreboard to win. Not your 14-10 epic struggles of the 1960 Green Bay Packers, but just another example of how the college game is played today. Exciting not just to fans, but to the eyes of potential recruits - now and a few years down the line.

Reaction Score
How'd that ball control Alabama offense do last night against Oklahoma's aerial attack? Just kidding. But even big, bad, Bama had difficulty covering athletes in space. The few times OKU tried to run the option Bamas speed blew it up for negative yardage. And the pass interference call against Bama on the last real OKU, drive? Football has changed. We need to adapt.

Woop, there it is! Woop, there it is! noeynox, you couldn't be more correct. The fans from "the land of steady habits" are going to have to step out of character. There's a whole HUGE part of this country that is successfully doing things in the modern era - football being just one of them. Time to join the rest of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate
Top Bottom