Rich Rod Offense | The Boneyard

Rich Rod Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very enjoyable to watch. Pure joy. Except if you're BC, I guess . . .

Reaction Score
not enough offense for me I want 50 points ;), run it up Rich Rod

Reaction Score
Funny you bring this up. This game is Rich Rod's offense vs our old offensive style. Nine times out of ten it is a mismatch in Rich Rod's favor. You really have to be perfect when you run what BC is doing, and your offense has to keep the other team's offense off the field. Too hard to do all the time.

Reaction Score
Can't we just copy it? i'm assuming that Diacco is not going to allow any type of fossilized offensive scheme here. He seems like he just has too much energy and motion for that. He's not gunna stand on the sidelines with his thumb up his butt like PP. Can't wait to watch what we do . . .

Reaction Score
luv the way the az QB sucks the Don Brown blitz off sides. they complete the pass anyway.

Reaction Score
Danker silences the BC traveling crowd with another TD pass.

Reaction Score
Can't we just copy it? i'm assuming that Diacco is not going to allow any type of fossilized offensive scheme here. He seems like he just has too much energy and motion for that. He's not gunna stand on the sidelines with his thumb up his butt like PP. Can't wait to watch what we do . . .
I've posted this so much, I'm tired to say it again, but the rules changes in football with PI calls, defenseless receivers, horse collars, player safety yada yada, they all favor wide open, high scoring offenses. I lost all faith in P when in year two we resembled the NY Giants circa 1986 in offensive philsophy. I am so glad he didn't manage to sneak one more win in there one of his first two years and go to a bowl game, because it probably meant a possiblity he'd still be here.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Funny you bring this up. This game is Rich Rod's offense vs our old offensive style. Nine times out of ten it is a mismatch in Rich Rod's favor. You really have to be perfect when you run what BC is doing, and your offense has to keep the other team's offense off the field. Too hard to do all the time.

That's why Rich Rod has all the NC and Saban has none.

I mean the other way around as I'm sure you do too.

Reaction Score
Ken Griffey all over the place, both father and son.

Reaction Score
That's why Rich Rod has all the NC and Saban has none.

I mean the other way around as I'm sure you do too.
I knew someone was going to bring up Alabama. Let me know when we start getting 5 star offensive linemen backed up by four star offensive linemen. Stars ain't every thing, but look at the Kouandijo brothers out of Maryland, playing at Alabama and tell me again which one our offensive linemen have ever played like those guys.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I knew someone was going to bring up Alabama. Let me know when we start getting 5 star offensive linemen backed up by four star offensive linemen. Stars ain't every thing, but look at the Kouandijo brothers out of Maryland, playing at Alabama and tell me again which one our offensive linemen have ever played like those guys.

15-22 at Michigan. RR's numbers. Don't tell me you can recruit there.

He is finishing up back-to-back 8-5 seasons at Arizona.

Meanwhile, Michigan St and Stanford will be playing in the Rose Bowl with the #47 & #70 offenses in college football.

Reaction Score
not to mention Alabama's defense and all round size and athleticism. Rich Rod will get his NC at some point in his career. He's in the right place now. He's going to set up a Chip Kelly type program in AZ and we'll see in couple of years. If he could do it at WV he can do it at AZ.

Reaction Score
He was a horrible fit at Michigan. Like I said, you need a lot of things to go right when you want to grind it out, but even those teams have QBs that threw for 20 td passes. We haven't a 20 td QB since Orlovsky I think.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
not to mention Alabama's defense and all round size and athleticism. Rich Rod will get his NC at some point in his career. He's in the right place now. He's going to set up a Chip Kelly type program in AZ and we'll see in couple of years. If he could do it at WV he can do it at AZ.

Rich Rod is 58-53 with teams run by someone not named Pat White.

RR is 32-5 with Pat White at QB and I think his eligibility is up.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
He was a horrible fit at Michigan. Like I said, you need a lot of things to go right when you want to grind it out, but even those teams have QBs that threw for 20 td passes. We haven't a 20 td QB since Orlovsky I think.

Do you think if Saban went to Michigan, he would be under .500 after 3 years?

Reaction Score
If your argument is Saban, Saban, Saban, then yeah, you win. Saban wins. I'm a buyer on RR. I'd load up on AZ stock right about now.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Here's the problem with RR.

In his shining moment - the win over GA in the Sugar Bowl - he got 500+ yards and nearly 400 yards rushing & 27 first downs and STILL NEEDED a fake punt to win the game.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
If your argument is Saban, Saban, Saban, then yeah, you win. Saban wins. I'm a buyer on RR. I'd load up on AZ stock right about now.

Well Brady Hoke is 26-12 at Michigan. That's better than 15-22. It just is.

If you are going to win a NC (as you suggest RR will do) you are going to have to out coach better coaches than Hoke.

Like Saban.

RR hasn't shown he can do that without Pat White.

Reaction Score
Here's the problem with RR.

In his shining moment - the win over GA in the Sugar Bowl - he got 500+ yards and nearly 400 yards rushing & 27 first downs and STILL NEEDED a fake punt to win the game.
It was West Virginia for heaven's sake! What has happened there since he left? The job he did there was remarkable. Michigan was, has been, and still is, a mess. He failed there, not sure anyone is going to turn that program around. We'll see. But RR is going to shine at Arizona.

Reaction Score
Do you think if Saban went to Michigan, he would be under .500 after 3 years?
No, he wouldn't have been as horrible a fit. He coached at Michigan State previously. UM fans were conditioned to the run, run, pass punt offensive philosophy, play defense, three yards and a cloud of dust. Bo once said three things can happen when you pass the ball, and two of them are bad. Again, I think rule changes have pushed the game toward a wide open game. It's why Boise can play with Oklahoma. Its my opinion, I don't have empirical evidence to support my claim.

Reaction Score

In today's college game, you don't win by keeping the other team's offense off the field. You win by outs coring the other team's offense. Unfortunately a concept that eludes the Northeast.

Reaction Score
Rich Rod's problem is the 3 3 5, not his offense. Even in the Pat White days, his defense was the Achilles heel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom