Rich: No Tucker; No New 2013 Targets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rich: No Tucker; No New 2013 Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
There was some UConn interest...I don't know how much. While it is true that Ashley did not get much PT at Stanford, her time there was very, very difficult for her due to the poor health of her [very] young Dad. Michael Cimino eventually passed away during her career out there. I heard that Tara was wonderful in how she dealt with Ashley and her desire to spend time back east periodically to be with her father.

Thanks Blake, a fine post...these young athletes have lives off the court.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What's the 2013 time frame?
2013, of course! :)

Some recruits have committed already. Many will commit over the summer and early fall. The early signing period is in the first half of November. By Christmas, there are usually only a few blue chippers left. Shoni Schimmel was a rare case--she committed about May or June, basically at high school graduation.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Thanks Blake, a fine post...these young athletes have lives off the court.

It is very easy for us to only know what is written about the skills of these young players and what our expectations are of them. We sometimes need reminders that these young girls deal with life just like we do and it's not always easy. There are times when basketball simply isn't all that important.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There was some UConn interest...I don't know how much. While it is true that Ashley did not get much PT at Stanford, her time there was very, very difficult for her due to the poor health of her [very] young Dad. Michael Cimino eventually passed away during her career out there. I heard that Tara was wonderful in how she dealt with Ashley and her desire to spend time back east periodically to be with her father.

I have great respect for Tara. She seems like a class act all the way. I was very impressed with how she handled the situation with Jamie Carey and basically hand delivering her to Texas.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Heres the way UConn looks.

Seniors Buck, Doty, Faris Need to replace 2 guards
Juniors Dolsen, Engeln, Hartley Need to replace guard and post
Sophs Banks, KML, Stokes Need to replace shooter and post
Frosh Stewart, MJ, Tuck Need to replace guard, post, wing.

2014 Calhoun, (wing), Ekmark (shooter)

Now the way I see it. You need to replace the junior class every season. By bringing in kids to replace the junior class it gives them 2 years to be ready to step in. Some kids can step in after one season. But to maintain team chemistry, and learn the system, and be committed, most kids will need a season or two.

Next season we will have 9 roster players. I would think we will need a guard to replace Hartley, and a post to replace Dolsen. Kiah and Stewart will give us plenty of height, and defense underneath, but the following season Kiah graduates so we will need someone to replace her. I also feel we need another guard. We will be left with Hartley a senior, Banks a junior and MJ a soph. We need ball handlers. The following season we have a Calhoun and Ekmark. Calhoun plays the wing, and Ekmark is a shooter much like KML, who can play a little guard. We will see how her ball handleing skills are as she matures.

Bottom line we need a post preferrablely this season and a guard this season and another guard next season. I want to beleive Geno has a couple of things going on behind the scenes, that will surprise us all. I have heard Chong wants to be a Husky, and will check out her options. Ohio St really wants her bad. JMO

Reaction Score
Heres the way UConn looks.

Seniors Buck, Doty, Faris Need to replace 2 guards
Juniors Dolsen, Engeln, Hartley Need to replace guard and post
Sophs Banks, KML, Stokes Need to replace shooter and post
Frosh Stewart, MJ, Tuck Need to replace guard, post, wing.

2014 Calhoun, (wing), Ekmark (shooter)

Now the way I see it. You need to replace the junior class every season. By bringing in kids to replace the junior class it gives them 2 years to be ready to step in. Some kids can step in after one season. But to maintain team chemistry, and learn the system, and be committed, most kids will need a season or two.

Next season we will have 9 roster players. I would think we will need a guard to replace Hartley, and a post to replace Dolsen. Kiah and Stewart will give us plenty of height, and defense underneath, but the following season Kiah graduates so we will need someone to replace her. I also feel we need another guard. We will be left with Hartley a senior, Banks a junior and MJ a soph. We need ball handlers. The following season we have a Calhoun and Ekmark. Calhoun plays the wing, and Ekmark is a shooter much like KML, who can play a little guard. We will see how her ball handleing skills are as she matures.

Bottom line we need a post preferrablely this season and a guard this season and another guard next season. I want to beleive Geno has a couple of things going on behind the scenes, that will surprise us all. I have heard Chong wants to be a Husky, and will check out her options. Ohio St really wants her bad. JMO

Tony, I wish you wouldn't put Calhoun in UCONN'S column just yet since we all know that things can change in a hurry. Think Diamond! Right now we have one verbal for 2014 and none so far for 2013. I hope we get both guards we are recruiting for 2013 as well as the post. I'm not expecting any surprise verbals for 2013, but one never knows.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Tony, I wish you wouldn't put Calhoun in UCONN'S column just yet since we all know that things can change in a hurry. Think Diamond! Right now we have one verbal for 2014 and none so far for 2013. I hope we get both guards we are recruiting for 2013 as well as the post. I'm not expecting any surprise verbals for 2013, but one never knows.

While things can change in a hurry, the Calhoun recruitment is nothing like the Deshields recruitment.

Think Stanford and their family connections with the O sisters and the Samuelson sisters. The Calhoun family loves UConn, and her brother is attending. While not a lock, it would be shocking if she didn't attend UConn.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Doggy your right. You nailed it. If Calhoun dosnt come it will be a bigger shocker then Diamond not coming.

Connboy. Diamond was a UConn lock. I dont know what UNC told her but I can only imagine what they told/ promised her. Diamond not coming to UConn was a very big surprise. I know for a fact she was a UConn lean. Remember shes a teenage girl, and they change their minds all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ry7

Top Bottom