Rich Get Richer | The Boneyard

Rich Get Richer

Reaction Score
Number 1 recruit Marvin Bagley for 2018 reclassifies for 2017 & is on his way to Duke....

Can't make it up....

Reaction Score
I hate Puke for a lot of reasons. The biggest one right now is how they were gifted a NC when their star slammed into a guy out of control in the FF or NC game and knocked the guy to the floor and no foul was called. Foul there, the guy is in foul trouble and Duke is in trouble. Full speed, not going directly at the rim, guy stationary for 2 seconds, slams him, no foul. Why bother. When K and C move on, it'll be a day of celebration.

Reaction Score
Can't believe KO didn't have us at least the Final 3. I'm getting even more nervous about the future now.

This will be even better when K falls short on this NC knowing he should have it in the bag.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
It seems like Duke and Kentucky have 5 star guys sitting on the bench. Meanwhile, most programs would be happy just to have one of them on the roster.

Reaction Score
If the NBA goes back to the straight outta high school or 3 years rules, especially with the G league, and turns the draft into 3 rounds, college basketball would be so much better.

It's only a matter of time before something happens, but K and Squid are going to cut all the low hanging fruit until it does.

Reaction Score
I agree because there are rarely more than 6-8 true big impact Frosh and those would be kids jumping to G league

The gap between #10-12 and #75 is probably closer than #10-12 to #1-5

If the NBA goes back to the straight outta high school or 3 years rules, especially with the G league, and turns the draft into 3 rounds, college basketball would be so much better.

It's only a matter of time before something happens, but K and Squid are going to cut all the low hanging fruit until it does.

Reaction Score
Assuming Nets & Lakers suck this year. Think they will, but who knows. Other teams like Atlanta, Orlando, Knicks, Detroit, Pacers, Kings, Dallas, Bulls won't be good

Hey...silver lining is this is great for the Celtics....

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Can't believe KO didn't have us at least the Final 3. I'm getting even more nervous about the future now.

This will be even better when K falls short on this NC knowing he should have it in the bag.

As Huskymagic said: you remain my favorite of the Ollie apologists and Pollyannas!!!!!
HaHa - a classic comment, huh?
Hope things are well Mau

And K will fall short

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Not that I mean it for this situation necessarily, but I am always stunned when a stud chooses UK or Duke after 7 other studs are already there...

I mean, I just can't imagine making that decision.

Reaction Score
Their lineup will be stupid good, to the point where I unfortunately might watch more Duke games than I'd care to watch this season.

PG: Duval, Goldwire
G: Allen, O'Connell
G/F: Trent, Tucker
F: Bagley, Jeter, DeLaurier
C: Carter, Bolden

Getting Duvall was huge, not only because the guard depth is weak, but he's their first true PG since Tyus Jones.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I hate Puke for a lot of reasons. The biggest one right now is how they were gifted a NC when their star slammed into a guy out of control in the FF or NC game and knocked the guy to the floor and no foul was called. Foul there, the guy is in foul trouble and Duke is in trouble. Full speed, not going directly at the rim, guy stationary for 2 seconds, slams him, no foul. Why bother. When K and C move on, it'll be a day of celebration.

2015 was bad.

2001 was worse. The integrity of that maryland semi final is questionable at best, and the final...jay will jumped on a dude's back and didn't get his 3rd foul.....

nothing suspicious there at all.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
It seems like Duke and Kentucky have 5 star guys sitting on the bench. Meanwhile, most programs would be happy just to have one of them on the roster.
My hope is that Gabriel spends the entire season on the bench in Lexington and decides to transfer to Storrs after the season...

Reaction Score
My hope is that Gabriel spends the entire season on the bench in Lexington and decides to transfer to Storrs after the season...

As he gets recruited over and his time remains the same even, low minutes, he'd be smart to get out and go play somewhere. Would be a possibility I would guess, like the thought. Hell I thought about it last year when he wasn't getting too much run.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
As he gets recruited over and his time remains the same even, low minutes, he'd be smart to get out and go play somewhere. Would be a possibility I would guess, like the thought. Hell I thought about it last year when he wasn't getting too much run.

I'm with you both as most people probably would be ... but the problem is once they've committed and spent time, esp at UK, that feels less likely.

I feel like if that does happen, he'd just enter the draft and we'd lament further a guy who chose to be one of 20 studs in the mix rather than come here and blow up.

Problem is, these dudes get so much love just from being involved with UK...it makes it tough to have a problem with their decision.

Reaction Score
I'm with you both as most people probably would be ... but the problem is once they've committed and spent time, esp at UK, that feels less likely.

I feel like if that does happen, he'd just enter the draft and we'd lament further a guy who chose to be one of 20 studs in the mix rather than come here and blow up.

Problem is, these dudes get so much love just from being involved with UK...it makes it tough to have a problem with their decision.

Yeah Poythress (minus the injury time off) should have been a 30 plus mine stud elsewhere. After his freshman year I wondered why he didn't leave that Squid fast? Guess the only other place he could get more $$$ would be the NBA or Europe.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
UK's had a couple of transfers out recently. Lee will play at Cal this year, and Matthews is at Michigan.

I agree that it's a pipe dream with Gabriel tho.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
UK's had a couple of transfers out recently. Lee will play at Cal this year, and Matthews is at Michigan.

Agreed. Not that it wouldn't happen, but I also think it's different with Gabriel than those types of players...

Lee was a fairly decent recruit if I recall, but guys like that REALLY see the writing on the wall.

Reaction Score

Is Lee at Cal after sitting out a year? Interesting to see what he can do, ultra athletic big guy who seemed to be very underutilized.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom