Rhode Island Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rhode Island Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Liam is going to struggle on defense. He is limited laterally, but he can improve. I he will go on nuclear shooting streaks.

Solo has no intention of coming off the bench

Ross has no intention of not being in the top 7 rotation.

Bigs will give us trouble

We will terrorize other teams wings
Assuming stew is 6th man then youre saying that Ross is coming off the bench before all of Reed/Mahaney/Nowell?

Reaction Score
Screenshot 2024-10-14 210336.gif

awy

Reaction Score
a lot of the early defensive struggles was rebounding related. looking at the boxscore pretty shocked that samson only had 1 rebound, but it did kind of feel like that.

Reaction Score
a lot of the early defensive struggles was rebounding related. looking at the boxscore pretty shocked that samson only had 1 rebound, but it did kind of feel like that.
1 reb from Samson even after putting on 20 lbs is very concerning but I love that Reed grabbed 10. If Samson starts I think it has to be a 20/20 timeshare give or take based on foul trouble or we’re gonna get killed on the defensive glass

Last edited:
Reaction Score
AZ hated the D and rebounding in the first half our Bigs had trouble with our old 7’0 friend who only made the team picture in 2022.
However they picked it up in the second so I’ll sleep better tonight
Offensively we got a bunch of guys who can play and the second half was fun .
We came at them in waves .
Ball seems to have made a Jump and Nowell has a beautiful stroke and no conscience my kind of guy , but everyone had moments seriously the list of great plays by different guys is head spinning.
The St Mary’s kid who looks very young from afar
will become a crowd favorite Spenceresque

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Awesome game and atmosphere. Hopefully we play more games there in the future. I was first row upper deck and the view was perfect. Good to see Solo shine. Our bigs looked meh but they’ll get better. Ross looked good too. Stewart didn’t do much.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
AZ hated the D and rebounding in the first half our Bigs had trouble with our old 7’0 friend who only made the team picture in 2022.
However they picked it up in the second so I’ll sleep better tonight
Offensively we got a bunch of guys who can play and the second half was fun .
We came at them in waves .
Ball seems to have made a Jump and Nowell has a beautiful stroke and no conscience my kind of guy , but everyone had moments seriously the list of great plays by different guys is head spinning.
The St Mary’s kid who looks very young from afar
will become a crowd favorite Spenceresque
The woman sitting next to me referred to him as a 12 year old but she was also a URI fan.

Reaction Score
Warms my heart to see all the Solo love. Welcome to the bandwagon people!

As we all see though Mahoney is great too. Solo just looked like that good of a player which is impressive because they looked like the best two on the team tonight.
WAIT, wait just one minute: i am the president of the Solo Ball fan club! You can be vice president, but i was there first!!!

Reaction Score
I still don’t know why Samson this deep in gets caught so far out in the hedge leaving the lane wide open. It kills us defensively and in rebounding. He had zero defensive rebounds in 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
I suspect the high foul rate was by design so I'm not terribly concerned.

Looks like we have our 9-man gameday rotatio with Nowell playing the Ball/Stewart role from last year.

Biggest question mark for me was the center rotation and I'm not sure much was answered. Johnson didn't look much better at what he needed to improve (fouls and boards) and Reed looked new and raw. Tough. Somebody has to put in the work and make the choice obvious in practice.

Aidan, Diarra and Solo is going to be a hell of a back court. No drop off in skill at all no matter who comes off the bench.

Wing rotation is tough too.

This year is DEEP. But you can't play 9 guys at once. So the question for me is who can step up and be that Tristen/Cam/Donovan, be the guy that takes over the game. You need a couple to be the top 5 team we wanna be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom