Rhode Island Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rhode Island Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Newcomers with some nervousness in the first half, as would be expected. They began to become more comfortable in the second half. Our defense and rebounding needs to improve, but otherwise excellent material for the coaches and players to work on. Let's remember RI is also experimenting and not what is to be expected from our competition during the regular season. Still our potential and we have DH, is reason to be excited.

Reaction Score
This is definitely the deepest team I have seen in the last 3 years. I do like when they they put Stewart in for McNeely with Johnson, Diarra, Karaban and Ball. That lineup really changed the game around. Mahaney can really score the ball and nice to see Ball looking like like a dog.

Reaction Score
Liam is going to struggle on defense. He is limited laterally, but he can improve. I he will go on nuclear shooting streaks.

Solo has no intention of coming off the bench

Ross has no intention of not being in the top 7 rotation.

Bigs will give us trouble

We will terrorize other teams wings

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Random thoughts on the scrimmage:

Hurley is a great coach. Maybe they were a bit easy on URI defensively in the first half not in the second.
Karaban is Karaban our leader
Diarra is our heart and will be vocal leader. I can see him getting that important and one when we need a basket.
Johnson is our starting center. He definitely is passing better. Rebounding and fouls still an area for improvement.
Mahaney is a great offensive player
Ball is a beast who will play in the NBA soon…
Ross will play guard more than Liam or Stewart and that is not a bad thing for any of them.
Stewart is a very good offensive player wish he would use that big body more to rebound.
Liam is going to be better in two months.
Reed Jr will get better as the year goes on…rebounding and going to the hoop more aggressively need work
Nowell does not look like a freshman and does not play like a freshman.
Practices will be brutally competitive

We are as deep as we thought we were.

Reaction Score
This is definitely the deepest team I have seen for 10 years. I do like when they they put Stewart in for McNeely with Johnson, Diarra, Karaban and Ball. That lineup really changed the game around. Mahaney can really score the ball and nice to see Ball looking like like a dog.
Notice that line up is all our contributors who had the most minutes from last year. It established a rhythm and relaxed the newcomers on the bench.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Warms my heart to see all the Solo love. Welcome to the bandwagon people!

As we all see though Mahoney is great too. Solo just looked like that good of a player which is impressive because they looked like the best two on the team tonight.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
elmo count GIF by Sesame Street

Reaction Score
My takeaways:
Rebounding, post defense, PG play, who’s our leader, who’s our goto guy & just need more reps running this complex offense as a team
…..
Ross is a dawg !!!!
Mahaney/Karaban/McNeely are steady
Solo is prepared mentally more than last year

Great idea to get these guys some play in a live game early so the staff can put these guys in position early

Reaction Score
They seemed to call Reed’s number to get him some touches down low in the second half. Nothing is taken for granted. Something is always being carefully managed and worked on. I’m sure other coaching staffs are trying to do the same things but our coaches never seem to miss a detail or an opportunity to get better. I love it.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I think we've got another amazing season ahead of us, I'm boarding the train and drinking the Kool-Aid.

Overall, particularly in the 2nd half, I think all of our players individually looked good. Holy cow a lot of the new faces to learn, I can't wait to see watch them play and develop over the season. Considering all of the new players and the preseason nature of the game they looked pretty good overall with not too much confusion, I don't think there was a lazy play in there, and no one crumbled early when URI was slugging it out with us. I have to think come Conference games these guys are going to be crushing it.

Singare came in and had 3 plays in a row, gotta love that. He went for a fourth and fouled but you have to love the hustle.

What was with that block of seats of empty seats right behind the basket on one end, it was 5 entire rows - whatever donor/sponsor had those seat... jeez.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom