Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He won't be coaching the OL if he does...Dykes hired Jamal Powell the former Run Game Coordinator and OL coach at Lamar as his OL coach.
Maybe he's going to babysit the kids.

Reaction Score
To me it's no surprise that Lashlee's leaving after one year for the reasons that have already been mentioned. I didn't see SMU as the landing spot as I thought Sonny Dykes is more of an Air Raid guy. Oh well.

Yeah Dykes was an exact clone of Mike Leech at Cal. Hey got one QB who went first in the NFL Draft. Honestly I think everyone here would be thrilled if we just got a QB who ended up getting drafted.

Reaction Score
Said he heard from two people he was going

I’d be very surprised if JB Grimes goes this year.. I think he’s settled in and happy in the position he’s in at the moment.. plus he’s not 34 and looking to jumpstart his career.

Reaction Score
Not a surprise but Mike Anthony said he’s hearing JB Grimes will be moving on with Lashlee, nothing confirmed though.
Gotta link for that? My schedule has been screwy and I’m off my Twitter/reading game.
It was in the most recent UConn Insider podcast. But given FDNY's post right after mine it looks like it's not happening.

Thanks - missed it.

Interesting to hear Mike’s take to not read too much into Lashlee’s leaving (27:00-30:00ish minute mark)...

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Thanks - missed it.

Interesting to hear Mike’s take to not read too much into Lashlee’s leaving (27:00 minute mark)...

Thanks, this is good. I really appreciate Anthony’s work

Reaction Score
Was Anthony saying Grimes was going? Or just that it would make sense/was a possibility?
Grimes is staying at UConn. I think he is shocked at Lashlee for leaving maybe even mad at him. He left Auburn to coach with Lashlee then he left him high and dry

Reaction Score
Not true. Grimes was at Cincinnati the year before he came to UConn. He was actually let go by Auburn the year before. So he isn’t quite as “tied to Lashlee” as everyone here seems to assume.
Okay I didn’t know that good information there my bad

Reaction Score
Grimes is staying at UConn. I think he is shocked at Lashlee for leaving maybe even mad at him. He left Auburn to coach with Lashlee then he left him high and dry
Grimes is a great asset. I hope to he k he stays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom