Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Guys, here's the reason: $$$$$$$$$$$
Remember, he took a pay cut to come here which was weird. Who does that? I know I can't afford to take a pay cut no matter how much I hate my job. It didn't take him long to realize that was a bad decision. Plus it's cold as hell here for a Southern boy. I don't knock him moving but if he waited a little while, there'd be much better jobs out there.

Reaction Score
Please tell me that the athletic department at UConn, particularly in football and mens basketball, has now officially hit rock bottom. Asking for a diehard UConn fan.

Reaction Score
5 OCs in 5 years. Tough to be any good when that happens . . .

We all knew it was a risk, but this is a lot sooner than most reasonably thought it would happen.

Reaction Score
No idea if closer to home is the real reason, but if you are wondering if Alabama, Arkansas, and Texas are closer together than CT is to them, google maps is available. Plus, "from the south" makes them all feel even closer. Remember, in CT it's considered a long trip to go from west of the river to east!

I appreciate you snarky response. Maybe it’s a long trip for someone from CT, but is he from CT? Also, is Alabama a car ride away from Texas or is it still a plane ride?

12 hour car drive from Auburn to SMU....ass

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
would imagine he is receiving a significant pay bump as well
And I bet he had no interest in even asking UCONN to match it.

Reaction Score
At this point I don't even care. Bring in Rich Rod. His offense worked everywhere he went year one.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But we still have Crocker, they can't take that from us.

Crying-Man.jpg

Reaction Score
Have contract details come out yet?
Of course if he just takes the same annual amount he will make more on taxes alone.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Right now, I'm more worried about the recruits more than anything. I hope Edsall has someone good lined up. Wonder if TJ Weist is willing to come back to UConn?
We could have some recruits not show in August like Lagow and sit out a year. I think the only recruit we have a risk on that is signed is Krajewski. Don't think Lashlee was too involved in any others from this current class. I suppose we could worry that Marvin Washington would want to follow him.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
If interested, maybe it’s time for Dan O. to step in? NFL pedigree, CT born, RE guy. I think that would alleviate a lot of angst with Lashlee leaving.

C

Chief00

I think his family lives in Alabama. There's no way that's the reason though. My guess is that he and RE are very opposite personalities. I get the sense that Lashlee is pretty quiet and soft (not soft in a bad way). Randy can be pretty rigid and Coughlin-esque. I'd guess it just didn't mesh well.
I had made a comment last season that after a couple games where the offense was clearly our best unit, Randy kind of threw him under the bus in the post game presser rather than praise him.

Blaming the offense no huddle for leaving the defense on the field too long and not scoring in the red zone. It was all very strange to me unless they did not interact well. The other factor was whose hire the OC’s (DB) was and whose hire the DC’s (RE) was.
This is a huge loss.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Have contract details come out yet?
Of course if he just takes the same annual amount he will make more on taxes alone.

Guys, please stop with the taxes thing. He took a pay cut from Auburn to be here. It wasn't the friggin taxes.

However, SMU has a boatload of money. He may have just doubled his salary...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We can lose to ECU just as well without this guy.

Reaction Score
I said it in the other thread, but it's time for UCONN to act like the big boys and bring in Rich Rod st this point.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My guess is that he wanted the South Carolina job but didn't get it. I think he followed the USCe head coach recently and that move was the one that made the most sense.
Yes, I agree with that about SC - he was following several coaches which was odd.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Is Verducci still available?

I've learned an important lesson today. And the lesson is: it's never too early in the day to start drinking my whiskey...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Is Verducci still available?

I've learned an important lesson today. And the lesson is: it's never too early in the day to start drinking my whiskey...
Offensive Analyst/Staffer on Frost's new Nebraska staff

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom