Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
just a friendly reminder that Rhett will make his return to CT this fall since UConn hosts SMU

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm thinking about turning off my Boneyard account today (not really). Once we got through the traditional coach swapping month of December I thought we had him for one more year (but never more than one). This feels hopeless.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Why wasn’t that an issue while he was at Auburn?

I think his family lives in Alabama. There's no way that's the reason though. My guess is that he and RE are very opposite personalities. I get the sense that Lashlee is pretty quiet and soft (not soft in a bad way). Randy can be pretty rigid and Coughlin-esque. I'd guess it just didn't mesh well.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Yeah something has to be going on behind the scenes
To recruit kids who just signed a few weeks ago and then bail on them for the same position within the conference?
Looks horrible from every angle

Imagine how Krajewski feels right now? Guy literally came here for Rhett Lashlee. Looks like we will have to learn another system once again!

Reaction Score
He's leaving for a higher-profile job in a higher profile football state. I would have guessed he had another year and then would have left for a bigger job but I can understand the reasoning.

I get that on the surface but he left a tier 1 job to come here in the first place which was strange in its own. Making a lateral move in conference in Texas or not it still a head scratcher IMO.......

Reaction Score
I was really looking forward to what he would design for Krajewski. This is beyond disappointing. Despite the record, it felt like we had some momentum in the program...and this feels like a setback...hopefully just a temporary one. Man, I hope we crack SMU a few times in the coming years.

Reaction Score
So his family never moved up here seriously?
Or was his family here and he is just homesick?
What recruits came here to be a part of his offense and now he’s bailed - and yes I understand the adage u sign for the school not the coach blah blah blah but it’s still dirty and slimy
But that’s college sports right?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I give up! How do we lose a coach to SMU....SMU....SMU!?!?!?! The one good thing we had going for us! I have lost all hope!
He probably looked out the window this morning, grabbed his phone and said "you know that job I said I wasn't interested in. I just changed my mind".

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He's leaving for a higher-profile job in a higher profile football state. I would have guessed he had another year and then would have left for a bigger job but I can understand the reasoning.

My guess is that he wanted the South Carolina job but didn't get it. I think he followed the USCe head coach recently and that move was the one that made the most sense.

Reaction Score

How come I'm not surprised? We all know he was gone sooner or later anyway. He was a fish out of water. Still think he might have been able to do better. It will be interesting to see who his replacement is. If Willie Taggart can give the Ducks the shaft after a year, Lashlee can do the same. Hoping the remaining O staff carries on with the fast pace, spread offense.

Reaction Score
I bet it was the taxes. Jk...not really but only slightly not at all

Reaction Score
Why wasn’t that an issue while he was at Auburn?
No idea if closer to home is the real reason, but if you are wondering if Alabama, Arkansas, and Texas are closer together than CT is to them, google maps is available. Plus, "from the south" makes them all feel even closer. Remember, in CT it's considered a long trip to go from west of the river to east!

Reaction Score
If our defense doesn’t improve he will put up 60 on is next year

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think his family lives in Alabama. There's no way that's the reason though. My guess is that he and RE are very opposite personalities. I get the sense that Lashlee is pretty quiet and soft (not soft in a bad way). Randy can be pretty rigid and Coughlin-esque. I'd guess it just didn't mesh well.

Lashlee did absolutely nothing to project that he was sticking around very long. He did not get involved at all anything up this way what so ever. He knew he was headed south - just not until Dec'18.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom