Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Hate Bricco. So overrated.

Max Fish and J Gilbert’s are both pretty awesome.

The Diamond makes a tremendous Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla.

Never been to J Gilbert cuz I dont like steak but the diamond is definitely a solid sports bar

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
C4E5BA32-3517-4EBA-B02D-923B3E39283C.jpeg
Yeah, that is no substitute for a Waffle House.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't not saying hi be part of what makes the region seem inhospitable? Maybe making newbies families feel welcome will encourage them to stick around.

Reaction Score
Bricco Trattoria and Salulita are both good but expensive. Birch Hill Tavern is pretty good. Outside of that nothing great

You need to drive around more. Glastonbury has a lot of great restaurants - J Gilbert’s, Max Fish, Max Amore, Sayulita, 2 Hopewell to name a few.

Reaction Score
You need to drive around more. Glastonbury has a lot of great restaurants - J Gilbert’s, Max Fish, Max Amore, Sayulita, 2 Hopewell to name a few.
Yup. Last time we had this discussion I was flamed for daring to suggest Augie Doggie's for lunch to the folks from Mizzou. So with trepidation I will endorse all those on this list. I even like the little Starbucks on the blvd. despite the fact that it is a Starbucks. Also love to go to B. Good and Chipotle for lunch.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It was probably noodles and co that chased him away.

It should be so good and then it’s so disappointing.
I go to noodles every so often on professional development days. It’s subway with pasta. The Mac and Cheese ain’t terrible

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Let's not start doing that. Personally, I would not even have said hello. They put in huge hours, they don't need that.
I crossed paths with Ricky Moore a couple weeks ago. Coincidentally I was wearing a UConn hat and UConn sweatpants. He looked right at me kinda like “oh crap this dude is gonna try to talk to me.” I just nodded and let him do his thing. I always wonder if these dudes like attention feel like big shots when people notice them or just want to go about their days

Reaction Score
I crossed paths with Ricky Moore a couple weeks ago. Coincidentally I was wearing a UConn hat and UConn sweatpants. He looked right at me kinda like “oh crap this dude is gonna try to talk to me.” I just nodded and let him do his thing. I always wonder if these dudes like attention feel like big shots when people notice them or just want to go about their days
he's just worried about fans asking him what's wrong with the team, why all those kids transferred out, and why Ollie can't coach...

Reaction Score
I used to run into Geno at the local Mobil station getting gas and a cup of coffee very early in the morning. I was headed to Schenectady for the week and he was headed to Storrs. He always said hi, hows it going. Thats the way he is.

Reaction Score
i wonder if lashlee will still “like” a lot of posts that come from UConn Nation. almost his entire year here, he’s been liking and replying to Auburn fans and coaches. It never really bothered me nor did I think it was strange that he followed Auburn so closely until now

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
LSU just parted ways with Matt Canada over philosophical differences. He runs a run first zone read type offense that could easily build on what Lashlee was doing.

The rub is that he has now been at 10 schools in 11 years. May be tough to work with. Wonder if he gets a call though. LSU on the hook for a couple million to him.

Reaction Score
Not a surprise but Mike Anthony said he’s hearing JB Grimes will be moving on with Lashlee, nothing confirmed though.

Reaction Score
Won’t go back to j. Gilbert’s after they told us our time was almost up after party of 6 having the works apps drinks desserts and we didn’t hang out talking long after finishing never go back

Reaction Score
Not a surprise but Mike Anthony said he’s hearing JB Grimes will be moving on with Lashlee, nothing confirmed though.

Gotta link for that? My schedule has been screwy and I’m off my Twitter/reading game.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Never been to J Gilbert cuz I dont like steak but the diamond is definitely a solid sports bar

J.Gilbert's is top notch with fish as well. Great restaurant, my favorite

Reaction Score
Gotta link for that? My schedule has been screwy and I’m off my Twitter/reading game.

It was in the most recent UConn Insider podcast. But given FDNY's post right after mine it looks like it's not happening.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I agree that it wouldn't make sense for Grimes to follow Lashlee since SMU already hired an OL coach.

Having said that, there is still the possibility that a new OC comes in with a philosophy different than Grimes and maybe wants to go in a different direction for OL Coach. I wonder what would happen in that type of situation. I'm rooting for Grimes to stay on board and for our 2017 offensive philosophy to stay relatively intact...

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It was in the most recent UConn Insider podcast. But given FDNY's post right after mine it looks like it's not happening.

Was Anthony saying Grimes was going? Or just that it would make sense/was a possibility?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Won’t go back to j. Gilbert’s after they told us our time was almost up after party of 6 having the works apps drinks desserts and we didn’t hang out talking long after finishing never go back
For real? I agree screw 'em.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom