Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU

Reaction Score
If Lashlee was your only source of hope...you didn't read the situation correctly at all.

He got the most out of what little he had to work with. i would have liked him to work with the new kids coming in that were more athletic than what Diaco blessed us with. No matter...I just had a miserable day and this was just the cherry on top of the whole F%*%^ing mess!!

Reaction Score
I would like to point out that people from Texas are friendlier, but they are not any nicer. they reach out to strangers there whereas up here there is not the welcome handshake to a total stranger. it is just how we were taught. They are not any nicer than the folks up here though, you just have to get to know somebody up here to understand the reason for the difference. Gahhlly Y'all.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I agree with Nelson and all of those who point out we desperately need some continuity. This has to be a home run hire that will continue our forward momentum on offense AND wants to stick around here in the Great White North for a while. Could be a needle in a haystack though.

Do not underestimate the drop off in youth football participation around the state, and around the region. This is a bad recruiting area that is getting worse.

And it is -9 tonight.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In hindsight it seems he came here because he needed a job in 2016 and he never planned on being here a second longer than he needed to be.

Whatever - coordinators change. It would be nice if the team was actually good before we lost them but by no means is this guy irreplaceable.

Reaction Score
In hindsight it seems he came here because he needed a job in 2016 and he never planned on being here a second longer than he needed to be.

Whatever - coordinators change. It would be nice if the team was actually good before we lost them but by no means is this guy irreplaceable.
Does seem that way now.

But with his presumed connection with ADDave through Auburn, I’m a little surprised that that’s how Lashlee thought he could treat the man and program who gave him said job

Reaction Score
Does seem that way now.

But with his presumed connection with ADDave through Auburn, I’m a little surprised that that’s how Lashlee thought he could treat the man and program who gave him said job
UConn fans need to understand that coaches moving is the way it is in college football. Laslee’s move is typical and not really a surprise. My guess there are no hard feelings between Lashlee and Benedict.

Reaction Score
UConn fans need to understand that coaches moving is the way it is in college football. Laslee’s move is typical and not really a surprise. My guess there are no hard feelings between Lashlee and Benedict.
How many coordinators left after 1 season this year? Name them if there are so many.

We all already know that this was not a “football” move.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
How many coordinators left after 1 season this year? Name them if there are so many.

We all already know that this was not a “football” move.
Yeah...this is not typical.

I think whaler is right...this was a filler job....his “waiting tables” job....until he found a better fit.

I think the reason why this raises concerns to UConn fans is that Lashlee was part of the reason why we bought into RE 2.0. RE 1.0 had a reputation of not giving his coordinators leash to do their job. RE seemed risk averse and very conservative. Bringing in Lashlee showed he could work with a high profile coordinator who ran an offense that was up tempo and fun to watch.

This gave UConn fans the hope of the best of both worlds. The stability and program building of RE, along with the hope of watching a contemporary offense.

Until we know who is hired as OC...and hear them talk about their strategy, the fear is the program will regress. I still have confidence that DB will play a key role in this decision and the program will continue to evolve.

But until then...Lashlee leaving is disconcerting.

Reaction Score
Thanks. It does seem strange that he bought an expensive house, settled in with his family, and is leaving so soon.
Not for nothing but what do you expect the guy to do...rent a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment on Foster Drive, Carriage House or Celeron...or even Windham Heights? The guy made a good salary and most likely his wife found house she liked and tried to make it work being this far away from family. It didn't work for her and she asked him to look for a job closer to home. Case closed....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did he live in Glastonbury?

I saw him at Noodles & Company
before x-mas

Gave a nod and a go huskies!

It's all my fault for not bothering him during his lunch for 5-10 min like some huge southern football fan would probably do

Oh well.

It was probably noodles and co that chased him away.

It should be so good and then it’s so disappointing.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It was probably noodles and co that chased him away.

It should be so good and then it’s so disappointing.

That place is SO gross. Glastonbury has become full of places like that, kind of a bummer

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That place is SO gross. Glastonbury has become full of places like that, kind of a bummer

Yeah there aren’t that many great places to eat in Glastonbury.

The one new ‘fast food’ place I like is that Hot Plate panini place. Those are pretty good.

Reaction Score
It's all my fault for not bothering him during his lunch for 5-10 min like some huge southern football fan would probably do.
Let's not start doing that. Personally, I would not even have said hello. They put in huge hours, they don't need that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The way things are going - Diaco should have kept his house here and then he could just lease it to whomever cycles through next. Bob might need that side income in the coming years.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Yeah there aren’t that many great places to eat in Glastonbury.

The one new ‘fast food’ place I like is that Hot Plate panini place. Those are pretty good.

Bricco Trattoria and Salulita are both good but expensive. Birch Hill Tavern is pretty good. Outside of that nothing great

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bricco Trattoria and Salulita are both good but expensive. Birch Hill Tavern is pretty good. Outside of that nothing great

Hate Bricco. So overrated.

Max Fish and J Gilbert’s are both pretty awesome.

The Diamond makes a tremendous Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom