Review - T. Samuel makes inappropriate remark in shake line . . . | The Boneyard

Review - T. Samuel makes inappropriate remark in shake line . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
. . . Kevin Ollie is furious because Terrance Samuel apparently said something to the effect of "you're a little b-tch" to a Louisville player in the hand shake line.

That move was clearly emotionally driven, inappropriate, and a show of poor sportsmanship. It is the kind of low class move that makes the University look bad and makes our player look like a sore loser [THIS WAS ALL SARCASM]

I say start the kid and make sure he gets at least 20 minutes a game; we need someone to set an example to the other players about how to play like it matters and never back down. Somebody to treat the opposition like they are a bunch of b--tches, and not some royalty to whom we bow. [THIS WAS ALL SERIOUS]

"Give Samuel 20" b-tches.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ollie is right, of course, but as freshman mistakes go, I can live with it

Reaction Score
Definitely not the worst mistake that could've been made. Tsam shows he's got a lot of heart. Completely understandable to be pissed off after that game. I like that reaction better than bowing down to them.

Reaction Score
Where did you hear about this? I wouldn't know since CBS (thankfully) switched our game off with about 5 minutes left.

Reaction Score
Who cares guarantee there was more vulgarity on the court than the *handshaking lines. As far as telling Samuel to pipe down , nah. you could have told lance Stephenson to pipe down when he was a 12th man on the pacers, but what would that have done for his development into a near all star? I like that Samuel doesn't give . You can bet what he said wasn't unwarranted .
also, KO is going to need to find a way to get him on the court. As of now he's the only player with pass-first makeup. His rotations on defense are horrendous but he could really jolt the O.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who cares guarantee there was more vulgarity on the court than the lay up lines. As far as telling Samuel to pipe down , nah. you could have told lance Stephenson to pipe down when he was a 12th man on the pacers, but what would that have done for his development into a near all star? I like that Samuel doesn't give . You can bet what he said wasn't unwarranted .
also, KO is going to need to find a way to get him on the court. As of now he's the only player with pass-first makeup. His rotations on defense are horrendous but he could really jolt the O.
I like everything you just said.

Reaction Score
Well if he had been wearing any other uni but ours I'm sure this board's reaction would be different. He's a freshman, and had his allotment of bonehead mistakes. Its good it happened at the end.

With that said he was calling the wrong player(s) a little bitch. Hell he should have picked 3-4 of our guys.

Reaction Score
Was it reported Ollie was "furious"?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Samuel is the 9th or 10th man on our roster it means Ollie is a horrible judge of talent, Samuel can play.
You just beat by 30, STFU and move on. Samuel can play but don't expect him to be a scorer because he never has been. Still, a pretty good defender, decent ball handler and can get to the rim. He looks like a 3rd guard with all the talent coming in next year.

Reaction Score
You just beat by 30, STFU and move on. Samuel can play but don't expect him to be a scorer because he never has been. Still, a pretty good defender, decent ball handler and can get to the rim. He looks like a 3rd guard with all the talent coming in next year.
Agree, but he has a small advantage after playing a year of UConn ball (with Ollie) and playing alongside AA Bazz and Boat/Purvis. If he works very hard April through November he just could surprise all of us. At the least he will be grabbing someone's minutes, now that he has a shot of confidence with a mix of experience in his blood. I don't see him going down (i.e. sitting) quietly.

Reaction Score
After getting beat by 30 plus and embarrassed I like that someone had a little chip left on their shoulder……Jones was pushing him off with his left hand all the way down the court on their last possession as if he could, and the ref watched…. he is a bitch! Good for TSam now apologize to coach and get to work……..

Reaction Score
I'm not worried about Terrence. He's a good kid. If he said something dumb he'll learn a lesson and move on.

So far he's shown that he's a decent one on one defender, that he'll attack the rim when he gets the ball, and that he'll push the pace in transition. Those are all valuable things, but they don't translate to him getting 30 minutes a game running the offense. I think we have a collective tendency to take small flashes of productivity and overstate their significance. Incidentally, he's got a pass-first mentality in part because he can't hit the broadside of a barn.

He'll be a very good player though.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
After getting beat by 30 plus and embarrassed I like that someone had a little chip left on their shoulder……Jones was pushing him off with his left hand all the way down the court on their last possession as if he could, and the ref watched…. he is a bitch! Good for TSam now apologize to coach and get to work……..

That's why he fouled him too.
I just want to know if he prefaced his remark w/"Quite frankly . . ."

Reaction Score
Was it reported Ollie was "furious"?
I think it happened on the court at the end of the game... KO went out to say something to him rather than shake Pitino's hand first. KO then got in line toward the end of UConn coaches and players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom