Rest in Peace Sir Sean Connery. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rest in Peace Sir Sean Connery.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He even died like a boss

Said he died in his sleep in the Bahamas with family around him.

"family"

1604193137503.png

Reaction Score
First Bond film I saw when it came out was Thunderball. I was 10. Since then Connery was the only true Bond for me.
Favorite scene though was from Goldfinger.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He was a man's man. One of my favorite all time and was Bond, period

May he Rest in peace

Reaction Score
Funny story from clueless cabbie.

Connery's first job was as a milkman in Edinburgh with St. Cuthbert's Co-operative Society.[21] In 2009, Connery recalled a conversation in a taxi:

When I took a taxi during a recent Edinburgh Film Festival, the driver was amazed that I could put a name to every street we passed. "How come?" he asked. "As a boy I used to deliver milk round here," I said. "So what do you do now?" That was rather harder to answer.[15]

Reaction Score
Back in 1975, they re-released "Thunderball" and "Dr. No" as a double feature. I spent a few days over winter break at a good friend's house. I was 12, my buddy was 13. Our parents were old friends. My friend's mom let us go see the double feature at the new Showcase Cinema's in E. Hartford. I just remember my mom being pissed at her friend for letting us go. My mom felt there was "inappropriate material" in those movies for an impressionable twelve year old. Well, I was definitely impressed. ;-)

Reaction Score
Back in 1975, they re-released "Thunderball" and "Dr. No" as a double feature. I spent a few days over winter break at a good friend's house. I was 12, my buddy was 13. Our parents were old friends. My friend's mom let us go see the double feature at the new Showcase Cinema's in E. Hartford. I just remember my mom being pissed at her friend for letting us go. My mom felt there was "inappropriate material" in those movies for an impressionable twelve year old. Well, I was definitely impressed. ;-)
She let you go east of the river?

Reaction Score
Wow a Sean Connery thread with no one whining about him slapping women. Its great to be among men. RIP

Reaction Score
She let you go east of the river?

LOL .... I told you years ago, E. Htfd was like a second home to me while growing up thanks to our close friends.
It was a nice change of pace from West Hartford. ;)

Reaction Score
LOL .... I told you years ago, E. Htfd was like a second home to me while growing up thanks to our close friends.
It was a nice change of pace from West Hartford. ;)
Just for complete disclosure before anyone blasts me for the comment, I grew up in East Hartford. I was just kidding with Alex because I knew he grew up in West Hartford.

Reaction Score
Sad he was an amazing actor and person. Was just watching that movie he looked pretty old then and played the role of Indiana's father very well, despite being just 12 years older then Harrison Ford. His arguments with Indiana were the best. Who else could come up with a novel idea to scare away a flock of birds to crash a Nazi plane, or pissing off Indiana enough to steal a gun and shoot up Nazis. He was the brains to Indiana getting the holy grail, having the diary and his old man knowledge.

"Oh yeah and who's gonna come to save you Jr"

He just made that film. Astonishing voice and actor. Just saw pictures of the house he once owned on the French Riviera. Whoa. One time I’m in Vancouver in the summer by this marina and there‘s a gigantic yacht moored there. It had a helicopter on it. It was his, I guess he would go there, why bother with hotels? He lived like the man who WAS king, great movie.

Reaction Score
Wow a Sean Connery thread with no one whining about him slapping women. Its great to be among men. RIP

Tatiana Romanova seemed to deserve it at the time. But they were back together before the end of From Russia with Love.

Reaction Score
Interesting article on a role that Connery passed on.

Before "Lord of the Rings" became a massive worldwide success, it was seen as a VERY risky undertaking for Time Warner's movie studio New Line Cinema. With a budget of $281 million, the films were the most expensive movies of all time to that point. In an unprecedented move, all three movies were filmed back to back in New Zealand by a relatively unknown director named Peter Jackson. The movie also lacked a truly big Hollywood name like Tom Cruise or Johnny Depp that would guarantee ticket sales. For all these reasons, the producers desperately wanted to lock in a huge star for the crucial role Gandalf. Their first choice was Mr. James Bond himself, Sean Connery.

In order to convince Connery to sign on to the film, the producers pulled out all the stops. In addition to a $10 million per film salary, they offered Connery 15% of the box office for all three movies.

In what would turn out to be a monumentally poor decision, Connery declined the part because he "did not understand the script".

To be fair, if I had read the LOTR script, I probably would have thought it was absolutely ridiculous and would be a huge bust. Well, as we all know now, Lord of The Rings went on to become one the highest grossing film franchises of all time.

The first movie alone is the sixth highest earning film in history, with over $1 billion dollars in ticket sales. The combined box office totals for the first three films would eventually balloon to $2.9 billion.

As for Sean Connery, his 15% stake would have been worth $450 million. That would have been the biggest single payday any actor has ever received.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom