Rest in Peace Sir Sean Connery. | The Boneyard

Rest in Peace Sir Sean Connery.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Damn. But he was 90.

Had been unwell and passed away in his sleep.

1604148798230.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Unless you were there, you have no idea of the excitement and anticipation that greeted each release of a Sean Connery "James Bond" film in the 60's. I saw "Thunderball" at the old Webb Theater on the Silas Deane and the line was backed up a quarter-mile down the highway.

Reaction Score
I remember back in 62 when Dr. No was released and a friend said that I absolutely had to see it. It had me when the "3 blind mice" first appeared and then had me again when Ursula Andress appeared on the beach. As Mauconn said THE 007. RIP James.

Reaction Score
I remember back in 62 when Dr. No was released and a friend said that I absolutely had to see it. It had me when the "3 blind mice" first appeared and then had me again when Ursula Andress appeared on the beach. As Mauconn said THE 007. RIP James.
Goldfinger was a movie my father took me and my older brother to. We weren't even 10 years old. I was blown away and instantly idolized James Bond (i.e. Sean Connery). I never felt the same with the newer characters,

'PuOssy' Galore was a character in that movie. It took me another 10 years to actually find out how provocative her name was. At the time I thought she was named after a cat. Only a Bond movie could get away with that back then.

Reaction Score
A great actor with a great accent.

Loved his appearances on Jeopardy:)

Reaction Score
Unless you were there, you have no idea of the excitement and anticipation that greeted each release of a Sean Connery "James Bond" film in the 60's. I saw "Thunderball" at the old Webb Theater on the Silas Deane and the line was backed up a quarter-mile down the highway.

The excitement and anticipation of each new James Bond film has never ceased for me.

Reaction Score
Wow. Sad.

My first experience of Connery was Last Crusade but man, what an absolute icon. Someone every man could look to emulate.

Sad he was an amazing actor and person. Was just watching that movie he looked pretty old then and played the role of Indiana's father very well, despite being just 12 years older then Harrison Ford. His arguments with Indiana were the best. Who else could come up with a novel idea to scare away a flock of birds to crash a Nazi plane, or pissing off Indiana enough to steal a gun and shoot up Nazis. He was the brains to Indiana getting the holy grail, having the diary and his old man knowledge.

"Oh yeah and who's gonna come to save you Jr"

Reaction Score
The only James Bond to me. I also enjoyed him in "The Untouchables" and "Finding Forrester". There are other roles but those come to mind quickly. RIP Mister Bond, James Bond.

Reaction Score
I remember my Mother always complained that my Father went to see the first James Bond movie during their honeymoon.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What a tremendous actor. He gave us so many memories from great roles. Bond of course, but so much more. The Wind and the Lion, Untouchables, A Bridge Too Far, Name of the Rose. Even Darby O’Gill and the Little People with the adorable Janet Munro (who sadly died very young).

RIP to one of the all time movie stars.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He even died like a boss

Said he died in his sleep in the Bahamas with family around him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom