Reports: UConn Presentation to Big12 in Dallas on 9/8 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Reports: UConn Presentation to Big12 in Dallas on 9/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I did the graphic. A lot of record keeping, including the NCAA's, lists Connecticut athletics as UConn. More than happy to re-arrange if the preference is to be "C"onnecticut it once you guys officially join. :)

OOPS...still in the wrong spot though, I must have forgotten 'in alphabet :)

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I did the graphic. A lot of record keeping, including the NCAA's, lists Connecticut athletics as UConn. More than happy to re-arrange if the preference is to be "C"onnecticut it once you guys officially join. :)

It's a great graphic... Truly. Thanks for including us in as your hope for expansion.

But "U" still comes before "W."

Reaction Score
Wow. The presentation is less than an hour? Herbst can't even list all of our championships in an hour.

The short presentation time means first that this part of the process can't be that important. And second, they want to get through this quickly.

Saw a tweet that intimated that the UH presentation was scheduled for one and ran closer to two. Not sure of accuracy but they had the presenter order correct.

Reaction Score

Then you still have us in the wrong place. LOL

EDIT (shakes fist): damn you, Matt. Beat me to it.

Reaction Score
We rebranded officially as UConn a few years ago, at least athletics wise? This was after our sports teams basically did what they wanted. Football was Connecticut and basketball preferred Uconn.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If we had a working time machine, none of us would know the name Jeff Hathaway, so I'm pretty sure we don't just yet.

Still, there's always hope.
View attachment 15391

I think I'd invest very wisely, become a billionaire. Finance our move to D1, grab an unknown guy named Nick Saban before he goes to MSU and we'd be off to the races.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

OOPS...still in the wrong spot though, I must have forgotten the alphabet :)
Thanks for the graphic... keep it as is... it's always best to be in the top right position... your eyes are naturally drawn there.

Reaction Score

OOPS...still in the wrong spot though, I must have forgotten the alphabet :)
Actually, I don't care where our logo is placed, as long as it is included!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This is exciting. It's finally time for UCONN to Cowboy Up in Texas!!

Reaction Score
This is exciting. It's finally time for UCONN to Cowboy Up in Texas!!
Jonathon Cowboy Up.gif

Reaction Score
That's a sexist remark. She happens to be a major leader in the field of education.
It was a joke. My wife or many of the females I associate with would have taken it that way and not have been offended. I guess some here are a little more uptight than the crowd I hang with. I apologize for offending some here.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Patrick Engel@PatrickEngel_ 2 mins ago
Houston, Air Force presenting to #Big12 today.#SMU, #UConn & others expected this wk
Big 12 hearing presentations from candidates

>>Houston presented to the Big 12 shortly after 3 pm CT with Air Force presenting around 4 pm CT<<
>>Schools like BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Rice, SMU, South Florida and Tulane expect to present at some point later in the day or week. Most schools are in a holding pattern.

One source familiar with the Big 12's schedule this week told Pony Stampede that it's a fluid situation with some schools as to whether they'll get the call to actually present. Connecticut is expected to present tomorrow.<<
This is just a little unreal to me.....I know we've all said that this is way too public but this is getting insane.....they are posting who is going when? It's like an audition schedule is being passed out. I know it's all from sources but this has to be a joke and they already know who they want. Just look at the past moves by conferences, they came out of nowhere. I vividly remember the image on ESPN.com announcing MD was moving to the B1G and thinking, where did that come from? Then Rutgers followed it up? Louisville to the ACC? All these moves were done behind doors and sealed before announced/revealed. No way this is all legit.

Reaction Score
The sad thing is not one presentation is going to make the Big 12 brass go "Holy sheet, you're in"

With that said, at least we can make them think a bit about us offering special triple headers in NY and MA.

Good luck with that CSU and BYU.

Reaction Score
Wow. The presentation is less than an hour? Herbst can't even list all of our championships in an hour.

The short presentation time means first that this part of the process can't be that important. And second, they want to get through this quickly.

Yeah, nothing says serious consideration like "Ok, you have 59 minutes. Hope the projector is working properly. GO!"

Reaction Score
Is this a real picture? Honestly I don't care either way as I laughed at the sheer lunacy of it. If you get in. I predict that this photo will be the key piece that tips the scales in your favor.
Jonathon Cowboy Up.gif

The team's friends are many both on and off campus. "Jonathon" the Husky dog rides with Horse Unit I.
He has a special place in his heart for other athletics on campus also! Whenever possible he rides along with the team... (2004)

It is... UC Morgan Drill Team - History

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, nothing says serious consideration like "Ok, you have 59 minutes. Hope the projector is working properly. GO!"

"If you can't figure out the projector, you're not Big XII material"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer