Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Not that I believe anything about it or want it but...

The Big East basketball tournament at Madison Square Garden will have that certain “UConn” buzz to it once again when busloads of fans from Connecticut are enjoying March Madness at The World’s Most Famous Arena. Digital Sports Desk has learned, the University of Connecticut Huskies are making plans to return to the Big East Conference for basketball, according to multiple sources who could not comment publicly.

Before the basketball decision can be announced, the UConn athletics office must work on future details related to their football program, currently members of the American Athletic Conference where the Huskies went 0-8 (1-11, overall) last season. Other collegiate sports plans and schedules are also being juggled with plans for the change to take place before the 2020-21 basketball season.

Reaction Score
“Lyons is a graduate of St. John’s University in New York, where he earned his degree in Sports Management. An avid fan of the St. John’s basketball team, he served on St. John’s University’s Sports Management Advisory Council for the College of Professional Studies.”

Reaction Score
“Lyons is a graduate of St. John’s University in New York, where he earned his degree in Sports Management. An avid fan of the St. John’s basketball team, he served on St. John’s University’s Sports Management Advisory Council for the College of Professional Studies.”
He could be sourced on the Big East side, which is why no CT guys have it. But there is nothing of substance in that report whatsoever. Weird timing too, did he meet someone at the bar or something?

Reaction Score
Talk about Friday night news dump - just popped into my email folder:
008.jpg

Be interesting to see what UConn has to say as this will fly around now that it has hit D1Ticker which has a large following in college sports administration.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought the AAC would not allow UConn as a football only member. This is a story that will never end. Who knows how much truth there is to this story?, but when things like this happen to put this out in the public, the “UConn should go back to the Big East” crowd keeps this alive.

If true, I wonder what the tipping point was? The new AAC media deal?? Also, if true, why would the school even mess around with the possibility of another source breaking this news. And by the way, this DigitalSportsDesk has to have at least some credibility compared to that WVU dude and the Tuxedo Yoda. Digital Sports is followed on Twitter by Peter Vecsey, Dick Weiss, and Jack McCallum.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it. Why can’t UConn stay in the AAC for football and go big east in basketball?

I know people say why would the aac allow it. However, if we left in football who would they get to replace them that’s better?

Reaction Score
Name me a program they can get right now
In the northeast? Buffalo and Army. If you go south you get Georgia State any of a number of Texas schools etc. You're talking about UConn as a football only school remember.

Reaction Score
Wonder if that’s why edsall has been tweeting all those UConn 2020 things ... just seemed strange for him to be focusing on new marketing for 2020

Reaction Score
And if it was going to happen , was going to be right as new president comes in and we see what sort of aac media deal is on the table

Reaction Score
In the northeast? Buffalo and Army. If you go south you get Georgia State any of a number of Texas schools etc. You're talking about UConn as a football only school remember.
So why haven’t they tried to get them in the past? And are those programs willing to spend $$$ on the athletic department like UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom