Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 59 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn gets to beat the snot out of Nova this year for the 3rd year in a row! Enjoy your rekindled rivalry!

Reaction Score

I was at the URI/ Providence game this past year. GREAT atmosphere and the Friars are very different than when UConn was in the Big East. Will be a great renewed rivalry.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Part of me wants to believe Fox will overpay for rights to the state school in ESPNs backyard they have taken for granted. I work for Marriott on Hilton Head Island, Marriott and Hilton aggressively compete for market share. Hilton Head is Marriott’s flagship resort location with 8 resorts. We overbid on every resort for sale so that Hilton can’t gain a presence here.

Reaction Score
I'm not 100% sure what to think about this move to the Big East, indifferent would be the wrong word, but I guess not knowing how to feel exactly is why I have held off commenting for so long. I am just so...mixed.

It will be nice to see some old rivals and I am also happy to see Butler. I guess for me, the biggest thing is even the teams I don't care about, Depaul and Creighton still excite me way more than Tulane, ECU, SMU, USF and Tulsa. Even Marquette strikes me as more exciting than the majority of the AAC outside of Cincy and Temple. If I really think about the teams I will miss Cincy is the only one and maybe Temple a little. When I start to look at it that way I guess there are some positive feelings and I would not be shocked if a lot of fans feel the same. Plus in the long run I think (hope) it will put Uconn in a better spot money wise. But still, at this point there is something deep down telling me not to get excited (yet) and I don't know why but I think that is why I am still on the fence about this whole move (and I don't even really watch fball that much).

Last edited:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'm a UConn basketball fan (obviously), having grown up in CT but didn't attend UConn . This return to the Big East will definately help Hurley' staff in recruiting. And more importantly this will translate to improvement in the team, and better attendance. The travel costs will be less, and players will appreciate the quicker travel times. I was depressed after knowing UConn played its last MSG Big East Tourney game... I am in the NYC area and the MSG Big East Tourney is much easier to attend (than AAC). From my stand point of view, what's not to love here ?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone would leave the G-5 to join the P-5 in a second.
P5 is a pipe dream for them too. Got to believe Cincy and Memphis would strongly consider moving to a hoops centric conference like their version of the BE, the old Metro Conference (if it existed).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or does it just seem that way because the power teams of the Big East aren't beating the crap out of them?

Reaction Score
Crazy:

If these are the American's choices, why wouldn't they ask UConn back as football only? Surely a state school is a much bigger revenue producer for the league than the likes of Charlotte, Old Dominion, Georgia State, Troy, UAB, North Texas, Georgia Southern, Louisiana Tech, FIU, or FAU.
With the exception of the last two, those are old state schools.

Reaction Score
Happy to be playing you again. We needed a team to hate, and you will be number one on the list. You guys have improved greatly since we left, and I have no doubt you will continue to be a good team going forward.

This will hurt your recruiting though. We beat you for Akok last year when Hurley was just starting out in a crappy conference. Now we have the same league to sell, but a better program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This will hurt your recruiting though. We beat you for Akok last year when Hurley was just starting out in a crappy conference. Now we have the same league to sell, but a better program.

A crappy conference that Hurley was sub .500 in.

If the guys that came to UConn in the 2019 class are inferior to the guys UConn gets going forward, I’ll be surprised.

I think the UConn and Hurley brand is stronger than the Big East brand. However, let’s not forget that Dan didn’t land Precious Achiuwa or Lester Quinones, both St Benedicts products (where the Hurley brand is supposed to be strongest), and neither did a Big East school.

This article calls it the Zombie Big East. I think the Big East schools are hoping to get a shine from UConn as much as UConn fans are hoping that they get a shine. (Which is an interesting dynamic)

Attachments

• 232CBB63-ADE2-424F-995F-4C3858D0877C.png
    232CBB63-ADE2-424F-995F-4C3858D0877C.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 229
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads