Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 57 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
god does Randy not realize he's part of the problem? what is he doing?

edit: I don't see it... maybe a mistake?
He unretweeted it. Good to see where his head's at though. Yikes

Reaction Score
Give it a rest, man. UConn is going to the Big East and football is remaining FBS.

I’m not sure how anyone can be as upset about that as you are.
Because it's a horrible long term strategy.

Again, all it takes to win is coaching hires. And that dominos itself.

B12

Reaction Score
Did he seriously retweet that? The guy is a total jackarse, I guess nothing from him should surprise me anymore.
Lets be real. This FBS indy thing does not work for most schools, even among the p-5 there are very few would could pull off being indy long term. I see UConn following Idaho back to FCS very shortly as playing a SEC schedule for pay road beatings is not how you build a program. Like a ship lost at sea the next port will be the Patriot/Colonial league IMO.

The issue is recruiting. No kid who has choices with FBS teams in conferences is going to choose that route unless there is $ involved. I would imagine there will be a large turnover this year and it will be interesting to see how they handle the coaching situation. He is in a bad spot but it's ironic since he deserves it to some degree for how he left the first time.

When we look back 25 years from now I think most of the g-5 will wish they gave up on FBS football, it's a huge financial drain on AD's and with the health issues it's got an uncertain future anyway. Having schools spend millions per year on just head coaches is crazy. FCS is a much better situation and I think much like the NBE it gives UConn the chance to compete for titles, like was the case not that long ago. Might even be an opportunity to play some games on campus again at some point.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
The fact that we are arguing about the merits of the NBE and the AAC is all that you need to know. Really? Arguing about who is worse? Providence/DePaul or Tulsa/ECU? Who cares. Folks are acting like we got invited to the ACC for basketball. Going to the NBE is fine assuming football is really dead which it probably is. For me if there was a glimmer of hope it was worth waiting it out. But if not, sure, I’d rather be in the NBE over the AAC. It is a better basketball conference and better not having to travel as far. But it is still not P5. Folks reference Xavier’s 2018 #1 seed but their coach bailed to the P5 right after the season ended. Again, very telling.

And while the renewed rivalries with teams like G’town and Seton Hall will provide a short term boost, winning is what will eventually get the fans back. If teams in this area don’t win, nobody cares. Team needs to win again no matter the conference.

Reaction Score
The fact that we are arguing about the merits of the NBE and the AAC is all that you need to know. Really? Arguing about who is worse? Providence/DePaul or Tulsa/ECU? Who cares. Folks are acting like we got invited to the ACC for basketball. Going to the NBE is fine assuming football is really dead which it probably is. For me if there was a glimmer of hope it was worth waiting it out. But if not, sure, I’d rather be in the NBE over the AAC. It is a better basketball conference and better not having to travel as far. But it is still not P5. Folks reference Xavier’s 2018 #1 seed but their coach bailed to the P5 right after the season ended. Again, very telling.

And while the renewed rivalries with teams like G’town and Seton Hall will provide a short term boost, winning is what will eventually get the fans back. If teams in this area don’t win, nobody cares. Team needs to win again no matter the conference.
That said, rejoining the NBE gives us the best chance to start winning and regain our form. Go back and re-read the 56 pages before this and you should understand that.

Reaction Score

The Big East is absolutely a power conference in basketball, it isn't even debatable.

Reaction Score
The Power 6 is used all the time on all the college stations on Sirius XM, with the Big East Conference. Villanova changed the tone in the national landscape once Jenkins hit the three to beat North Carolina.

Reaction Score
That said, rejoining the NBE gives us the best chance to start winning and regain our form. Go back and re-read the 56 pages before this and you should understand that.
Unfortunately I did read all the posts. And posting a comment that is not 100% pro NBE I knew would be called stupid. That is the MO on this board. Things are “not even debatable”. lol

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I did read all the posts. And posting a comment that is not 100% pro NBE I knew would be called stupid. That is the MO on this board. Things are “not even debatable”. lol
When you post something that isn't true it's going to be called out. Come on, grow a pair.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Aaron Torres summed it all perfectly in his podcast today. If you have 15-20 minutes I suggest listening to it. Especially everyone that's salty

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Didn't this whole football drama and demise start when Edsall left for Maryland right after a bowl game due to a booster starting a fight with him?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
some folks believe that their point of view is the only one that counts
It's rearing it's ugly head in this attempt to have a civil AAC vs NBE argument. There are many hard nosed UConn mens basketball fans and I am one but some can look at things through a broad lens and others would rather say it's only mens basketball and who cares about anything else.
To commit to the NBE on a long term basis may prove to be not a prudent decision for the university's athletic department as a whole and will be hard on the financial bottom line.
It appears to be a forgone conclusion so we will all have to see what occurs
I will enjoy the basketball (as long as UConn can be competitive) but will continue to be concerned about football, baseball and other sports.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of AAC teams that don't want to be there. Cincinnati, Memphis and Houston would leave in a second if they got a P-5 invite. UConn chose to return to the BE because it was in the school's best interest.
Anyone would leave the G-5 to join the P-5 in a second.

Reaction Score
Your opinions are always welcome, especially when you don't agree. The consensus for the basketball programs is that joining the NBE is what's best. That seems pretty obvious. It's the future of the football program that is up for debate.

Reaction Score
some folks believe that their point of view is the only one that counts
It's rearing it's ugly head in this attempt to have a civil AAC vs NBE argument. There are many hard nosed UConn mens basketball fans and I am one but some can look at things through a broad lens and others would rather say it's only mens basketball and who cares about anything else.
To commit to the NBE on a long term basis may prove to be not a prudent decision for the university's athletic department as a whole and will be hard on the financial bottom line.
It appears to be a forgone conclusion so we will all have to see what occurs
I will enjoy the basketball (as long as UConn can be competitive) but will continue to be concerned about football, baseball and other sports.
I have always found your objectivity and ability to see both sides of a debate inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom