Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The AAC is going to get poached in the next round of expansion. We will certainly lose UCF and USF and probably Houston, Memphis or Cincinnati. There is no future for us in the AAC. Let's move on before the AAC ship sinks.

The thing people don’t understand is that they’re not going to get poached to become a part of the cartel, but to make up the leftovers for the best of the rest. Programs like wake, BC, cuse, etc aren’t gonna make the cut when P5 consolidates bc they don’t generate the revenue necessary to make them worth their spot. Whichever P5 league dissolves—one of the big 12, PAC 12, or ACC, the best of G5 will be scrambling to get in with the leftovers. My idea has always been that we position ourselves not to join the cartel, but the next group of programs who are about to get screwed this decade.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The thing people don’t understand is that they’re not going to get poached to become a part of the cartel, but to make up the leftovers for the best of the rest. Programs like wake, BC, cuse, etc aren’t gonna make the cut when P5 consolidates bc they don’t generate the revenue necessary to make them worth their spot. Whichever P5 league dissolves—one of the big 12, PAC 12, or ACC, the best of G5 will be scrambling to get in with the leftovers. My idea has always been that we position ourselves not to join the cartel, but the next group of programs who are about to get screwed this decade.

oh so being in the american is getting into position to be in the second group after the first group leaves.

and the way you do that is by losing at the only two sports that matter.

Reaction Score
I don't know if it has been said in the 941 post above...

But do we realize the built-in competitive advantage that Connecticut has over the other Big East schools? It will be the only flagship state university, only school with over 25,000 students, largest fanbase, and a whole state backing it. It's a matter of time before UConn climbs the ladder to the top tier of the league and consistently stays there. I have no doubt!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, UConn should make decisions because of Base Ball.

Perhaps we should do a deep dive on the needs of the track and golf teams.
Has anyone actually said this? I have a guess of who would be saying this though

B12

Reaction Score
The AAC is going to get poached in the next round of expansion. We will certainly lose UCF and USF and probably Houston, Memphis or Cincinnati. There is no future for us in the AAC. Let's move on before the AAC ship sinks.
To who? There are no spots for those schools in the p-5. None.

Schools like OU are looking at the B1G making 54 million per year. Adding any of those makes the problem worse. Thats why it will not happen. There used to be a chance, but that's over.

There will not be any more g-5 schools moving up. More than likely the Big 12 loses OU, KU, and UT first and then the PAC takes a few. The AAC will probably be a national conference with Boise, SDSU, service academies, and the best commuter AD's in the country at that point. Maybe even BYU, Baylor, and Liberty at that point.

Reaction Score
I don't know if it has been said in the 941 post above...

But do we realize the built-in competitive advantage that Connecticut has over the other Big East schools. It will be the only flagship state university, only school with over 25,000 students, largest fanbase, and a whole state backing it. It's a matter of time before UConn climbs the ladder to the top tier of the league and consistently stays there. I have no doubt!
King of the midgets

Reaction Score
I was an insider here many, many years ago. I haven't posted here in over half a decade, but decided to check in on Friday, when I got word UConn was going to get an invite. And honestly, a lot of the responses/reactions are surprising. So I wanted to offer some feedback and maybe a ray of hope for those that feel this is the wrong move.

Just as an fyi, my clients are people at ABC/ESPN, Fox, CBS, inside the Big 12, SEC, ACC, and Big Ten (but not the Pac-12 or NBE). So while I'm not privy to every detail, I know & understand a lot of the mechanations of realignment.

First, for those believing UConn shouldn't have given up the P5 dream.......that dream was never going to come to fruition. Unfortunately, P5 realignment is all about dollars. And dollars are delivered by eye balls. Simply put, UConn doesn't deliver the eye balls necessary to justify the paycheck they'd receive from a conference like the ACC or Big 12. The Big 12 vetted UConn heavily a number of years ago. What they learned was UConn's value to their TV partners (ABC/ESPN/Fox) was well less than the paycheck they would have to pay UConn as an equal member. This is why the Big 12 came out and announced they were vetting schools, then opted to not expand. Point blank, their partner networks came back and said the per team payout would drop if they added UConn, UCF, USF, BYU, Houston, Cincy, or Memphis (the 7 schools they vetted). Networks run all kinds of numbers when it comes to TV........regional viewership, national viewership, cross-promotional viewership (i.e. fans of other teams that watch your games b/c they either hate you or your Ws/Ls impact their team), etc. UConn's numbers are way too low, with very little prospect of ever getting them up. It's just a small fan base where it counts (football). And in case anyone's thinking the obvious, yes, I would imagine the ACC regrets some of their expansion decisions. The ACC makes less money today on a per member basis than it'd have made had they not expanded with BC, Syracuse and Pitt. Those were really poor additions and the TV numbers in their regions and within their fan bases has been abysmal.

Second, the NBE has outperformed their TV contract handily. And not only have their TV #s been way better than forecast, they've won 2 National Championships in the last 4 years. So the conference's contract is way under-valued. The problem is, they signed a long-term contract that doesn't expire until spring 2026. The only way their contract can be opened back up for revaluation by Fox, is if there is a change in their membership. Adding UConn allows the Big East to bring their contract up to market value based on the Big East's performance on TV the past 5-6 years + UConn's value. So that contract is going to seriously, seriously jump in value. And, UConn is going to provide a significantly greater boon to the NBE's TV payout than they ever would have in the ACC or Big 12, simply b/c if you look at the historical ratings for basketball, the highest annual TV rating (b-ball) for most programs in the OBE was against UConn. The NBE adding UConn for basketball would be a poor man's version of the Big Ten adding Notre Dame for football. There's so much history & bad blood there, the ratings will be outstanding. So if you're looking at the current AAC payout and comparing it to the current NBE payout, and thinking "this sucks, what the **** are they thinking?!?!..........when the dust settles, UConn will make MORE money in the NBE (+ whatever they do for football) than they were making in the AAC.

From a financial perspective, this is going to be a huge win for UConn. The big question is how this affects ticket sales for football. But looking at recent attendance data, I assume UConn's leadership felt a move of the football program out of the AAC couldn't hurt that revenue stream enough to off set the huge jump they'll get from the NBE side.

Lastly, I get that when you're emotionally invested and grew up a die hard fan, the NBE feels like kissing your sister. But outside the region, the NBE is very, very well respected. It's not a little brother conference in the eyes of college sports fans. I'm in TX and can tell you the NBE is respected right alongside the ACC. Adding UConn is only going to bolster that. And from a perception & recruiting standpoint, it will be a HUGE benefit for UConn. Obviously, coaching is key #1, but it just became a lot easier for Hurley to sell the program to recruits. There was no chance for UConn to flourish in any sport in the AAC. Sure, they could win some games in football and basketball, the same as UCF, etc. But UCF is still pulling in peon recruits on the level of the worst P5 programs, even with two straight years of elite production. So all UConn could ever hope for is to be a big fish in a small pond, who's TV viewership numbers are too small to ever get a P5 call up. At least in the NBE, UConn basketball can get back to being one of the flagship programs in college basketball. That wasn't going to happen playing Tulane and SMU.

Also, you can expect the NBE to stay at 11 teams. They're going to want a round robin schedule, which is doable with 11, but problematic with 12.

Reaction Score
Was told by a buddy of Delany we had a chance. Must have been lying.
Your buddy was lying. I can tell you with 1,000% insider certainty there was a 0.00% chance of UConn ever getting a call from the Big Ten. N-O-N-E. The Big Ten reached out to Nebraska, Texas, Rutgers, Maryland, and Virginia. There was never a scenario in which UConn was seriously considered. UConn's TV numbers were investigated in key DMAs, no different than Missouri and a few others. But those numbers eliminated UConn from consideration before the Big Ten reached out to a single program. Rutgers was the runaway winner for what they were looking for (even though Rutgers, as an athletics program, sucks).

Reaction Score
To who? There are no spots for those schools in the p-5. None.

Schools like OU are looking at the B1G making 54 million per year. Adding any of those makes the problem worse. Thats why it will not happen. There used to be a chance, but that's over.

There will not be any more g-5 schools moving up. More than likely the Big 12 loses OU, KU, and UT first and then the PAC takes a few. The AAC will probably be a national conference with Boise, SDSU, service academies, and the best commuter AD's in the country at that point. Maybe even BYU, Baylor, and Liberty at that point.

There are more schools in the B12 than just Oklahoma and Texas. And no one wants those schools.

Reaction Score
Your buddy was lying. I can tell you with 1,000% insider certainty there was a 0.00% chance of UConn ever getting a call from the Big Ten. N-O-N-E. The Big Ten reached out to Nebraska, Texas, Rutgers, Maryland, and Virginia. There was never a scenario in which UConn was seriously considered. UConn's TV numbers were investigated in key DMAs, no different than Missouri and a few others. But those numbers eliminated UConn from consideration before the Big Ten reached out to a single program. Rutgers was the runaway winner for what they were looking for (even though Rutgers, as an athletics program, sucks).
Ever hear of the Chicago Tribune? Let's say he's very well positioned there. So convince yourself all you like.

Amazing how hard this board tries to make believe or buy into lies.

Reaction Score
I was an insider here many, many years ago. I haven't posted here in over half a decade, but decided to check in on Friday, when I got word UConn was going to get an invite. And honestly, a lot of the responses/reactions are surprising. So I wanted to offer some feedback and maybe a ray of hope for those that feel this is the wrong move.

Just as an fyi, my clients are people at ABC/ESPN, Fox, CBS, inside the Big 12, SEC, ACC, and Big Ten (but not the Pac-12 or NBE). So while I'm not privy to every detail, I know & understand a lot of the mechanations of realignment.

First, for those believing UConn shouldn't have given up the P5 dream..that dream was never going to come to fruition. Unfortunately, P5 realignment is all about dollars. And dollars are delivered by eye balls. Simply put, UConn doesn't deliver the eye balls necessary to justify the paycheck they'd receive from a conference like the ACC or Big 12. The Big 12 vetted UConn heavily a number of years ago. What they learned was UConn's value to their TV partners (ABC/ESPN/Fox) was well less than the paycheck they would have to pay UConn as an equal member. This is why the Big 12 came out and announced they were vetting schools, then opted to not expand. Point blank, their partner networks came back and said the per team payout would drop if they added UConn, UCF, USF, BYU, Houston, Cincy, or Memphis (the 7 schools they vetted). Networks run all kinds of numbers when it comes to TV...regional viewership, national viewership, cross-promotional viewership (i.e. fans of other teams that watch your games b/c they either hate you or your Ws/Ls impact their team), etc. UConn's numbers are way too low, with very little prospect of ever getting them up. It's just a small fan base where it counts (football). And in case anyone's thinking the obvious, yes, I would imagine the ACC regrets some of their expansion decisions. The ACC makes less money today on a per member basis than it'd have made had they not expanded with BC, Syracuse and Pitt. Those were really poor additions and the TV numbers in their regions and within their fan bases has been abysmal.

Second, the NBE has outperformed their TV contract handily. And not only have their TV #s been way better than forecast, they've won 2 National Championships in the last 4 years. So the conference's contract is way under-valued. The problem is, they signed a long-term contract that doesn't expire until spring 2026. The only way their contract can be opened back up for revaluation by Fox, is if there is a change in their membership. Adding UConn allows the Big East to bring their contract up to market value based on the Big East's performance on TV the past 5-6 years + UConn's value. So that contract is going to seriously, seriously jump in value. And, UConn is going to provide a significantly greater boon to the NBE's TV payout than they ever would have in the ACC or Big 12, simply b/c if you look at the historical ratings for basketball, the highest annual TV rating (b-ball) for most programs in the OBE was against UConn. The NBE adding UConn for basketball would be a poor man's version of the Big Ten adding Notre Dame for football. There's so much history & bad blood there, the ratings will be outstanding. So if you're looking at the current AAC payout and comparing it to the current NBE payout, and thinking "this sucks, what the **** are they thinking?!?!.....when the dust settles, UConn will make MORE money in the NBE (+ whatever they do for football) than they were making in the AAC.

From a financial perspective, this is going to be a huge win for UConn. The big question is how this affects ticket sales for football. But looking at recent attendance data, I assume UConn's leadership felt a move of the football program out of the AAC couldn't hurt that revenue stream enough to off set the huge jump they'll get from the NBE side.

Lastly, I get that when you're emotionally invested and grew up a die hard fan, the NBE feels like kissing your sister. But outside the region, the NBE is very, very well respected. It's not a little brother conference in the eyes of college sports fans. I'm in TX and can tell you the NBE is respected right alongside the ACC. Adding UConn is only going to bolster that. And from a perception & recruiting standpoint, it will be a HUGE benefit for UConn. Obviously, coaching is key #1, but it just became a lot easier for Hurley to sell the program to recruits. There was no chance for UConn to flourish in any sport in the AAC. Sure, they could win some games in football and basketball, the same as UCF, etc. But UCF is still pulling in peon recruits on the level of the worst P5 programs, even with two straight years of elite production. So all UConn could ever hope for is to be a big fish in a small pond, who's TV viewership numbers are too small to ever get a P5 call up. At least in the NBE, UConn basketball can get back to being one of the flagship programs in college basketball. That wasn't going to happen playing Tulane and SMU.

Also, you can expect the NBE to stay at 11 teams. They're going to want a round robin schedule, which is doable with 11, but problematic with 12.
Thanks for the analysis and insight. I was certainly asking what he!l are we doing returning to NBE, but you raise some strong points and in the know. Feeling just a little bit better.

Reaction Score
I can tell you with absolute certainty, there is no chance whatsoever Houston, Memphis or Cincy get poached. None. There is a greater chance 20 y/o Heidi Klum rents a Delorian, travels to the future, and knocks on your door tonight naked, riding a unicorn, selling Girl Scout cookies. UCF & USF could garner an invite, but it honestly would take them a decade to grow their viewership to where it'd need to be in order for their addition to produce more value than the ACC or Big 12 would have to pay to them as an equal member. For the Big 12 to add ANY program, that program has to add more than $38M/yr in additional $$$ to their ABC/ESPN/Fox contracts. The only non-P5 program that comes close is BYU, and they're in the mid-20s. There's a reason the AAC's payout per team is so low, and it's not b/c UCF, USF, Houston, Memphis, and Cincy are worth $38M per year.

Come on man, think. It's just math.

And in case you think I'm just a regular ol' guy, I haven't posted here in 6+ years. You can go back and look at my old posts and see a T-O-N of insider info that I posted, which wasn't known, but later came true. So I'm not guessing.

B12

Reaction Score
There are more schools in the B12 than just Oklahoma and Texas. And no one wants those schools.
That's simply not accurate and reeks of insecurity. Don't be one of those guys. I get that you want to to downplay football since the move to the NBE but if you look at TV ratings, attendance, $, facilites, etc the Big 12 schools are all p-5 level.

What metric do you feel they lack in?

Here is the one that matters

P5 SCHOOLS - END OF SEASON
MOST VIEWERS (NATIONAL GAMES)
1. Alabama - 114.364
2. Ohio State - 86.970
3. Clemson - 74.633
4. OKLAHOMA - 65.147
5. Georgia - 63.410
6. Notre Dame - 61.159
7. Michigan - 54.946
8. TEXAS - 50.710
9. LSU - 49.793
10. Washington - 42.313
11. Penn State - 37.297
12. Auburn - 34.278
13. Florida - 30.654
14. Northwestern - 27.360
15. WEST VIRGINIA - 27.183
16. Texas A&M - 27.081
17. Michigan State - 26.427
18. Wisconsin - 23.788
19. Florida State - 22.979
20. Mississippi State - 22.728
21. Southern Cal - 21.723
22. TCU - 21.532
23. OKLAHOMA STATE - 21.026
24. Iowa - 20.686
25. Miami - 20.019
26. Virginia Tech - 19.422
27. Nebraska - 18.456
28. Washington State - 18.226
29. Kentucky - 17.038
30. Oregon - 17.035
31. Syracuse - 16.552
32. Purdue - 15.903
33. Pittsburgh - 15.828
34. IOWA STATE - 15.394
35. Missouri - 15.103
36. Stanford - 14.738
37. Tennessee - 14.725
38. TEXAS TECH - 13.760
39. Mississippi - 13.518
40. Maryland - 12.830
41. UCLA - 12.317
42. South Carolina - 11.626
43. Utah - 11.188
44. BAYLOR - 11.080
45. Indiana - 10.837
46. Arizona State - 10.480
47. Colorado - 10.364
48. Louisville - 10.049
49. NC State - 9.959
50. Arizona - 9.560
51. Boston College - 9.458
52. California - 9.017
53. Georgia Tech - 8.468
54. Virginia - 8.332
55. Wake Forest - 8.121
56. KANSAS STATE - 8.041
57. Vanderbilt - 7.948
58. Minnesota - 7.386
59. Duke - 6.727
60. Arkansas - 6.010
61. KANSAS - 5.889
62. Oregon State - 4.850
63. Rutgers - 3.038
64. North Carolina - 2.610
65. Illinois - 2.454

Reaction Score

First, for those believing UConn shouldn't have given up the P5 dream..that dream was never going to come to fruition. Unfortunately, P5 realignment is all about dollars. And dollars are delivered by eye balls. Simply put, UConn doesn't deliver the eye balls necessary to justify the paycheck they'd receive from a conference like the ACC or Big 12. The Big 12 vetted UConn heavily a number of years ago. What they learned was UConn's value to their TV partners (ABC/ESPN/Fox) was well less than the paycheck they would have to pay UConn as an equal member. This is why the Big 12 came out and announced they were vetting schools, then opted to not expand. Point blank, their partner networks came back and said the per team payout would drop if they added UConn, UCF, USF, BYU, Houston, Cincy, or Memphis (the 7 schools they vetted). Networks run all kinds of numbers when it comes to TV...regional viewership, national viewership, cross-promotional viewership (i.e. fans of other teams that watch your games b/c they either hate you or your Ws/Ls impact their team), etc. UConn's numbers are way too low, with very little prospect of ever getting them up. It's just a small fan base where it counts (football). And in case anyone's thinking the obvious, yes, I would imagine the ACC regrets some of their expansion decisions. The ACC makes less money today on a per member basis than it'd have made had they not expanded with BC, Syracuse and Pitt. Those were really poor additions and the TV numbers in their regions and within their fan bases has been abysmal.

Second, the NBE has outperformed their TV contract handily. And not only have their TV #s been way better than forecast, they've won 2 National Championships in the last 4 years. So the conference's contract is way under-valued. The problem is, they signed a long-term contract that doesn't expire until spring 2026. The only way their contract can be opened back up for revaluation by Fox, is if there is a change in their membership. Adding UConn allows the Big East to bring their contract up to market value based on the Big East's performance on TV the past 5-6 years + UConn's value. So that contract is going to seriously, seriously jump in value. And, UConn is going to provide a significantly greater boon to the NBE's TV payout than they ever would have in the ACC or Big 12, simply b/c if you look at the historical ratings for basketball, the highest annual TV rating (b-ball) for most programs in the OBE was against UConn. The NBE adding UConn for basketball would be a poor man's version of the Big Ten adding Notre Dame for football. There's so much history & bad blood there, the ratings will be outstanding. So if you're looking at the current AAC payout and comparing it to the current NBE payout, and thinking "this sucks, what the **** are they thinking?!?!.....when the dust settles, UConn will make MORE money in the NBE (+ whatever they do for football) than they were making in the AAC.

You do realize half the P5 is made up of small schools, don't you?

UConn is no different than other P5 schools its size (3.6 million residents) with no other state school to compete for those eyeballs.

Take Iowa for instance--smaller population than UConn, yet it has 2 schools. And not nearly as affluent as Connecticut residents.

When SNY took on the UConn contract several years ago, it raised it's monthly subscriber fee in the state by $1.50. It charged nearly $3 a month per subscriber at the time. There were 1 million cable homes here. That was because of UConn.

Also, UConn fans weren't talking about an invite to the B10. The whole hope was in joining the schools left behind by the B12. This is what we were talking about for a long time.

If the top schools in the big states don't want schools like UConn, that makes sense. But talking about the P5 like it's this monolithic 60+ organization of members who are worth more in TV eyeballs than UConn is just too much.

B12

Reaction Score
I can tell you with absolute certainty, there is no chance whatsoever Houston, Memphis or Cincy get poached. None. There is a greater chance 20 y/o Heidi Klum rents a Delorian, travels to the future, and knocks on your door tonight naked, riding a unicorn, selling Girl Scout cookies. UCF & USF could garner an invite, but it honestly would take them a decade to grow their viewership to where it'd need to be in order for their addition to produce more value than the ACC or Big 12 would have to pay to them as an equal member. For the Big 12 to add ANY program, that program has to add more than $38M/yr in additional $$$ to their ABC/ESPN/Fox contracts. The only non-P5 program that comes close is BYU, and they're in the mid-20s. There's a reason the AAC's payout per team is so low, and it's not b/c UCF, USF, Houston, Memphis, and Cincy are worth $38M per year.

And in case you think I'm just a regular ol' guy, I haven't posted here in 6+ years. You can go back and look at my old posts and see a T-O-N of insider info that I posted, which wasn't known, but later came true. So I'm not guessing.
Yep, and adding any of those will only make the gap between OU, KU, UT and the B1G/SEC that much bigger. It's 15 million per year right now. The money will never work for expansion unless it's after the Big 12 loses OU, KU, and UT.

Reaction Score
That's simply not accurate and reeks of insecurity. Don't be one of those guys. I get that you want to to downplay football since the move to the NBE but if you look at TV ratings, attendance, $, facilites, etc the Big 12 schools are all p-5 level.

What metric do you feel they lack in?

Here is the one that matters

P5 SCHOOLS - END OF SEASON
MOST VIEWERS (NATIONAL GAMES)
1. Alabama - 114.364
2. Ohio State - 86.970
3. Clemson - 74.633
4. OKLAHOMA - 65.147
5. Georgia - 63.410
6. Notre Dame - 61.159
7. Michigan - 54.946
8. TEXAS - 50.710
9. LSU - 49.793
10. Washington - 42.313
11. Penn State - 37.297
12. Auburn - 34.278
13. Florida - 30.654
14. Northwestern - 27.360
15. WEST VIRGINIA - 27.183
16. Texas A&M - 27.081
17. Michigan State - 26.427
18. Wisconsin - 23.788
19. Florida State - 22.979
20. Mississippi State - 22.728
21. Southern Cal - 21.723
22. TCU - 21.532
23. OKLAHOMA STATE - 21.026
24. Iowa - 20.686
25. Miami - 20.019
26. Virginia Tech - 19.422
27. Nebraska - 18.456
28. Washington State - 18.226
29. Kentucky - 17.038
30. Oregon - 17.035
31. Syracuse - 16.552
32. Purdue - 15.903
33. Pittsburgh - 15.828
34. IOWA STATE - 15.394
35. Missouri - 15.103
36. Stanford - 14.738
37. Tennessee - 14.725
38. TEXAS TECH - 13.760
39. Mississippi - 13.518
40. Maryland - 12.830
41. UCLA - 12.317
42. South Carolina - 11.626
43. Utah - 11.188
44. BAYLOR - 11.080
45. Indiana - 10.837
46. Arizona State - 10.480
47. Colorado - 10.364
48. Louisville - 10.049
49. NC State - 9.959
50. Arizona - 9.560
51. Boston College - 9.458
52. California - 9.017
53. Georgia Tech - 8.468
54. Virginia - 8.332
55. Wake Forest - 8.121
56. KANSAS STATE - 8.041
57. Vanderbilt - 7.948
58. Minnesota - 7.386
59. Duke - 6.727
60. Arkansas - 6.010
61. KANSAS - 5.889
62. Oregon State - 4.850
63. Rutgers - 3.038
64. North Carolina - 2.610
65. Illinois - 2.454

Small markets, they share small states. Parochial schools, etc.

Those B12 schools play Texas, don't they? Sure works well when you play what is arguably the #1 brand in the entire college universe. And you count those are your ratings?

Please, Kansas St, Iowa St, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, etc., these schools are not going to have a landing spot. They have negligible value just like UConn once the Texas/Oklahoma tether is gone.

But this goes for BC, Syracuse, Wake Forest and many other schools across the nation as well.

Reaction Score

Well who are the B12 dregs going to add then? San Antonio? They have to add someone if they don't want to be a 6 team league.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I feel that this is a great time to embrace UGA for football and stick to UCONN for basketball. I'll of course continue to follow UCONN football.

Yeah, I’m feeling extra thankful KU hired Les Miles

B12

Reaction Score
Small markets, they share small states. Parochial schools, etc.

Those B12 schools play Texas, don't they? Sure works well when you play what is arguably the #1 brand in the entire college universe. And you count those are your ratings?

Please, Kansas St, Iowa St, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, etc., these schools are not going to have a landing spot. They have negligible value just like UConn once the Texas/Oklahoma tether is gone.

But this goes for BC, Syracuse, Wake Forest and many other schools across the nation as well.
None of that matters anymore. The days of adding Rutgers to charge all the people in the state who dont' even watch are over. Nebraska is a small population state, means nothing.

Even if you take the UT game away from WVU last year they still had big TV numbers. You may not like it but it's true. That's why it bothers you so much.

Fun to say WVU sucks, so does Louisville, and so does ISU, KSU, OSU, TCU, TT, and Baylor. But that doesn't mean it's true.

All of those schools have $, facilites, fans, TV ratings, etc to support p-5 membership. If you actually calm down and read the TV numbers you will see the PAC and ACC have more teams with no audience.

But if you want to believe that go for it. It just comes off as being insecure and jealous of schools like WVU who even though you hate it actually have some value. No reason to be insecure. UConn found a spot that will fit and be a long term conference moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom