Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 39 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Football program wasn't getting anywhere."

Except 6 bowls including the Fiesta.

2 bad coaching hires and we just quit. The Connecticut way.

Princeton has 28 national championships in football. Even they had the good sense to realize #29 was not around the corner and dropped down to FCS.

In other words, a Fiesta Bowl appearance nearly a decade ago (when we were in the old Big East, then a power conference) isn’t super relevant to our prospects for success going forward in the AAC.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
One thing. I am not sure how I feel. The conference is definitely on the rise. The NBE is not. Having said that, they negotiated a very mediocre deal(the conference). They SHOULD have started their own TV network. The football program will probably sink even lower if that is possible. The baseball in the conference was also on the rise. Apparently this is done. I can't wait until we play Creighton...not.
The American conference should have started a TV network!? What!? The ACC and Big 12 can barely support networks.

B12

Reaction Score
It's a great city. The only thing about it I dislike is Runza.
Runza is the best thing about Nebraska aside from football and the CWS. Creighton has one hell of a baseball facility.

B12

Reaction Score
One thing. I am not sure how I feel. The conference is definitely on the rise. The NBE is not. Having said that, they negotiated a very mediocre deal(the conference). They SHOULD have started their own TV network. The football program will probably sink even lower if that is possible. The baseball in the conference was also on the rise. Apparently this is done. I can't wait until we play Creighton...not.
AAC never shopped the TV contract. That was the biggest issue. Had they taken a risk with a new player this may not have happened.

Mountain West is next, if they screw up I think Boise leaves for the AAC.

B12

Reaction Score
Fox is actually trying to make their move in college football. They just got their own pregame show featuring urban Meyer
Fox is getting out of college football to some degree, he is right. They just sold the RSN's, abandoned the Big 12 CCG, etc..

Reaction Score
No escalators being happy is the only bummer with today's news. That guy couldn't suck more. It's embarrassing that he represents us as a (kinda) popular UConn Twitter account.
I thought about that too. He's already an insufferable chode. That's going to intensify 10 fold now.

Reaction Score
Fox is getting out of college football to some degree, he is right. They just sold the RSN's, abandoned the Big 12 CCG, etc..
I believe they are upping to two national games every week next year. One a noon start after their pregame show

B12

Reaction Score
I believe they are upping to two national games every week next year. One a noon start after their pregame show
They will likely always have some college football on Fox but they have changed gears the last 5 years and it seems they are backing off sports in general.

Hard to be in college sports when you sell the RSN's where all the games were aired. They used to be heavily involved with 20+ RSN's showing college sports, but that is all gone.

Anyone expecting Fox to pay big $ for college sports is going to be disappointed. At best they will be in for a few big games on FOX and some filler for FS1 during the season, but they won't be a primary rights holder for P-5 TV deals on the next round IMO.

Reaction Score
Of course Houston is, what, the third most popular team in Houston so...
3rd? Dubious at best ... line’s pretty long after UT/A&M and the likes of LSU, Tech, OU, OSU ...

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
To be published next year:

“Both UConn and Cincinnati had been under consideration for a Big Ten invite, but when UConn left for the New Big East it confirmed the concerns about its football program and made Cincinnati the easy choice.”

The biggest lie anyone ever told you was that cincy and UConn were up close getting somewhere in realignment. B1G hates that they expanded to New Jersey, Maryland and Nebraska. They have no passion for hem just like we found no happinesss with what we were left with.

B1G was never going to call us and if AAC didn’t work for us due to distance good luck trying to sell us to Big 12.

Reaction Score
Princeton has 28 national championships in football. Even they had the good sense to realize #29 was not around the corner and dropped down to FCS.

In other words, a Fiesta Bowl appearance nearly a decade ago (when we were in the old Big East, then a power conference) isn’t super relevant to our prospects for success going forward in the AAC.
But Princeton is still in the Ivy League....

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Welcome back UConn!!!

I have vivid memories of watching our teams go against the likes of Chris Smith, Ray Allen, Marcus Williams, Rudy Gay. In my lifetime, I consider you our biggest rival.

When the big east was actually the big east, we didn’t even care about you. This new big east is garbage and I don’t care about Villanova at all. Cared about cuse, pitt, wvu. It’s sad that we’ve become so small time.
Look forward to kicking your arses again.

Reaction Score
The biggest lie anyone ever told you was that cincy and UConn were up close getting somewhere in realignment. B1G hates that they expanded to New Jersey, Maryland and Nebraska. They have no passion for hem just like we found no happinesss with what we were left with.

B1G was never going to call us and if AAC didn’t work for us due to distance good luck trying to sell us to Big 12.
Was told by a buddy of Delany we had a chance. Must have been lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom