Report: Notre Dame in Talks to Join ACC as Full Member | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Report: Notre Dame in Talks to Join ACC as Full Member

Reaction Score
Rutgers football is not a real sport. It's like watching a group of mentally challenged high school dropouts embarrass themselves on the field.
I'm not making it up on the UCONN women outdrawing D1 football games. Check it out.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter if anyone watches. As long as the BTN gets it's monthly fee from subscribers, that is all that matters to them.

Reaction Score
Rutgers football is not a real sport. It's like watching a group of mentally challenged high school dropouts embarrass themselves on the field.
Yet they would have crushed UConn in football under the Diaco regime. I am not supporting RU, just trying to get a point across that their athletic success or lack thereof made no difference to the B1G. Only money brought in by their huge population.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter if anyone watches. As long as the BTN gets it's monthly fee from subscribers, that is all that matters to them.
New Jersey subscribers, not NYC and the Boston corridor, and when streaming comes online from Amazon and Apple, there will be very few cable boxes left in those homes. The days are numbered for the cable box business model. Do you think BTN will care then that no one watches Rutgers football? If and when UCONN gets an ACC invite, Rutgers will be a worthless and lonely Big Ten outpost.

Reaction Score
Yet they would have crushed UConn in football under the Diaco regime. I am not supporting RU, just trying to get a point across that their athletic success or lack thereof made no difference to the B1G. Only money brought in by their huge population.
Northern Jersey has a HUGE population???? Lol

Reaction Score
Because the doofus wants us in the Big East.
If you get a P5 invite, take it! Of course the B1G or the ACC would be your dream scenario.

Are you offended that I'd like to see UConn in the Big East if the P5 doesn't happen? You hate those that on UConn, and also those that would want UConn? Tough crowd.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
New Jersey subscribers, not NYC and the Boston corridor, and when streaming comes online from Amazon and Apple, there will be very few cable boxes left in those homes. The days are numbered for the cable box business model. Do you think BTN will care then that no one watches Rutgers football? If and when UConn gets an ACC invite, Rutgers will be a worthless and lonely Big Ten outpost.
Rob, isn't the 9M people in NJ just as likely to subscribe under an internet based model? RU doesn't have great loyalty in NJ but they are a decent sized school and chug out a bunch new alumni every year. FWIW, since RU joined the Big 10 there are more RU magnets and flags in NJ. (Although in my neighborhood there are three UConn fans and no RU fans.) Keep in mind, as well that other Big 10 schools, particularly Penn State, have a ton of alumni in NJ.

Well North Jersey probably has bigger population than all of Connecticut. Whether you want to call that huge or not is up to you.

[FWIW, I am only seeing your side of this conversation.]

Reaction Score
Rob, isn't the 9M people in NJ just as likely to subscribe under an internet based model?

The streaming services wouldn't include the BTN, it would be PPV, meaning subs would actually have to want to watch Rutgers Football. Lol. Or if a streaming service did include the BTN it only gets streamed to those who want it.

"Well North Jersey probably has bigger population than all of Connecticut. Whether you want to call that huge or not is up to you."

North Jersey has a population of 3 million, give or take.

Reaction Score
Are you offended that I'd like to see UConn in the Big East if the P5 doesn't happen? You hate those that **** on UConn, and also those that would want UConn? Tough crowd.
No, it just gets tiring. Delusion on here is popular. (Check out the Cesspool.)

Oklahoma would take the SEC over the Big 10 if they want to sustain football superiority alone, I'd assume. Is there any proof from the higher ups that football has become a priority over eastward expansion? I know is we're definitely well perceived by the Big 10.

CL82

Reaction Score
North Jersey has a population of 3 million, give or take.
Which is slightly larger that CT, right? FWIW, it wouldn't surprise me if it is larger, since the population of NJ is 9 million and North Jersey is more densely populated.
The streaming services wouldn't include the BTN, it would be PPV, meaning subs would actually have to want to watch Rutgers Football. Lol. Or if a streaming service did include the BTN it only gets streamed to those who want it.

Like I said RU fandom has increased since they joined they Big 10, but I think you are missing a big point. It's not like were are talking about there spring game, right. RU is playing another team every Sunday. I know if only way for me to see an RU/UConn game was PPV, I'd pony up. Think the PSU, Michigan fans located in NJ wouldn't do the same?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Which is slightly larger that CT, right? FWIW, it would surprise me if it is larger, since the population of NJ is 9 million and North Jersey is more densely populated.

Like I said RU fandom has increased since they joined they Big 10, but I think you are missing a big point. It's not like were are talking about there spring game, right. RU is playing another team every Sunday. I know if only way for me to see an RU/UConn game was PPV, I'd pony up. Think the PSU, Michigan fans located in NJ wouldn't do the same?

I just don't think Rutgers will ever be ready to play Sundays.

Reaction Score

Northern NJ has ugly oil refineries and delusion Rutgers students. Smart students leave the area to go to real colleges.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yet they would have crushed UConn in football under the Diaco regime.
Sez you! We beat them the last time we played and they were favored. You're so busy trying to be a voice of reason you forgot, they're Rutgers!

Reaction Score
Which is slightly larger that CT, right? FWIW, it would surprise me if it is larger, since the population of NJ is 9 million and North Jersey is more densely populated.

I think that the difference is, right now under the "cable box bundling" system, the TV consumers (sports fans and non-sports fans alike) do not have a choice, the BTN is imposed upon them. (everyone in the "conference footprint" is charged .90 and everyone outside is charged .10, whether they will watch or even if they don't want the BTN).

Under whatever new model, non-sports fans are not going to subscribe. Non-Big Ten fans are not going to subscribe.

At that point (for all conferences), it will no longer be "cable boxes" that matter. It will be the number of actual fans who will pony up their cash.

Numbers of dedicated fans for each school will be all that matters, not cable boxes or number of households or any such metric as currently utilized.

The fan bases of the big, popular schools are going to matter, not the total population of a given state or region.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm so looking forward to another 10 years of this discussion. :rolleyes:

Same old discussion going round and round for 6 years now with little reason to think this discussion will change at all until the B12 implosion in 2023 or so.

Anywho - carry on.Head bang

CL82

Reaction Score
I think that the difference is, right now under the "cable box bundling" system, the TV consumers (sports fans and non-sports fans alike) do not have a choice, the BTN is imposed upon them. (everyone in the "conference footprint" is charged .90 and everyone outside is charged .10, whether they will watch or even if they don't want the BTN).

Under whatever new model, non-sports fans are not going to subscribe. Non-Big Ten fans are not going to subscribe.

At that point (for all conferences), it will no longer be "cable boxes" that matter. It will be the number of actual fans who will pony up their cash.

Numbers of dedicated fans for each school will be all that matters, not cable boxes or number of households or any such metric as currently utilized.

The fan bases of the big, popular schools are going to matter, not the total population of a given state or region.
Yep, I understand the point and it does come down to # of fans but a smaller percentage of support can be made up for by a larger pool of households. Population will always be a key metric even under a PPV methodology.

Reaction Score
We're not staying in the AAC. Put the bottle down, alcohol is a depressant.
Okay, I put down the bottle!!! So tell me, when are we (UConn) going to the so called promise land??? 0-5 years, 5-10 years, 10-15 years, 15-20 years??? When and where are we going??? Will we (UConn) be going to the promised land before or after the Whalers return to their rightful place in Hartford? Tell me, I want to know.

Reaction Score
?There are close to 3.5m people in the 7 northern NJ counties?

In the seven counties closest to New York, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Union, and Middlesex(Rutgers), the population is about 4.8 million.

Reaction Score
Okay, I put down the bottle!!! So tell me, when are we (UConn) going to the so called promise land??? 0-5 years, 5-10 years, 10-15 years, 15-20 years??? When and where are we going??? Will we (UConn) be going to the promised land before or after the Whalers return to their rightful place in Hartford? Tell me, I want to know.
Very likely within 10 years, and either the ACC or the Big Ten.

Whalers will very likely not come back in our lifetimes with the success some non traditional markets are having with hockey now. Precisely why the Whalers were moved, expand interest in the game. Mexico City might have a better shot at landing a team now.

Reaction Score
Would one of the ND fans be kind enough to give us a sense of whether ND plans to join a conference in the near future? I have to admit, this is an interesting development and would love for them to weigh in on it.

Reaction Score
I believe Rutgers has beaten UConn more in football than the other way around. It is what it is. Unfortunately for UConn the demise of the Big East and the hiring of very bad coaches post RE doomed UConn to the AAC. No matter what you say, Rutgers has already benefited by its membership in the B1G. Their basketball program is improving and their football team would have wiped the field with the Diaco led UConn team of last season, at least. UConn got blown out by a horrible BC team, and RU was better than BC. As disgusting as it may be, it is a fact.

Reaction Score
I believe Rutgers has beaten UConn more in football than the other way around. It is what it is. Unfortunately for UConn the demise of the Big East and the hiring of very bad coaches post RE doomed UConn to the AAC. No matter what you say, Rutgers has already benefited by its membership in the B1G. Their basketball program is improving and their football team would have wiped the field with the Diaco led UConn team of last season, at least. UConn got blown out by a horrible BC team, and RU was better than BC. As disgusting as it may be, it is a fact.

Mother of god, what a post. UCONN's recent performance on the field has nothing to do with being in th ACC.

Jeesh.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom