Report....Narduzzi turns down offer | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Report....Narduzzi turns down offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good to know that UConn not commenting on the search at all leaves plenty of media space for candidates who reject the job to dance in the end zone.
Jeff Jacobs‏@jacobscourant5h
W Manuel hasn't blown the UConn coaching search_not yet anyhow. What he did was lose control of narrative. Went silent. Agents took control.

Jeff Jacobs‏@jacobscourant5h
I agree with people who say perception with the UConn search IS important. That's my point. Good to be a winner up front as well as on field

Reaction Score
I dont know how many times I have to tell you all, but any candidates to be considered for the position of head coach at UCONN has to be willing and able to wear short sleeves in 20 degree weather with snow, wind and freezing rain. Clearly that wasnt the case here.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
You really think FHCRE cared about his assistants? He was having a power struggle with Hathaway and the assistant coaches salaries was just an excuse--in addition to making him look good and Hathaway/UConn look bad. FHCRE cared so much about his assistant that he left Uconn without telling his assistant coaches first and only brought one guy with him....you think that he really cared that much about his assistants at UConn?!
Yes, I do. RE knew he needed a big name recruiter to swing more of the misses to commits. He fought for asst coaching salaries for a couple of years before Ebenezer Hathaway gave in.

Reaction Score
End of the day, UConn needs a coach that wants to be here. It seems something happened that we will never know in the negotiations. Asst coaching salaries? Doubtful. Sounds like Narduzzi had demands which brought into question his desire for the job and both sides decided to walk away from each other or he thinks he has a better opportunity coming his way soon. He should talk to Diaco at Notre Dame about those prospects.

Reaction Score
I dont know how many times I have to tell you all, but any candidates to be considered for the position of head coach at UCONN has to be willing and able to wear short sleeves in 20 degree weather with snow, wind and freezing rain. Clearly that wasnt the case here.
what the heck have you been rambling about all day? why, because TJ weist did it? he looked like a tool.

let's win some football games i don't care if you dress in a clown costume

Reaction Score
I think Lembo would be a mistake. My gut tells me TJ is better. He totaly changed the trajecture of a nose drive season and that's hrad to do. He changed the body language on the sideline and the play on the field.

Personally I preferred Lembo, who has had success on his own in multiple locations, to Narduzzi, who has had success only as an assistant to one coach.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm not worried, I'd be happy with TJ

the team turned the corner, played with emotion and he wants the job

he's family now, and I'm loyal to a fault

at the very best, Narduzzi uses us like squid uses one and done, not what I'm looking for

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think people need to back away from the cliff. With word of the Texas gig opening up and causing a domino effect, we needed to realize that Narduzzi was going to be a long shot. So he said no thanks. We move on and find the next candidate. I doubt Warde put all his eggs in one basket when it came to research. He has other names and he'll move on to them. We need to realize the position our school is in when compared with potential openings at P5 schools.....we're going to be at a disadvantage, even if many of us know the positives and promise that could be this program. So let's just take a breath and move on.....

Reaction Score
freescooter said:
If this information in fact came from the UConn Athletic Department, it shows once again that we have yet to get control of the message there. We are just awful. Nobody should have said anything, least of all that this deal broke down over assistant salaries. Talk about Amateur Hour, our own side is under cutting us. If this came from Narduzzi we can always say we elected to go in a different direction. Now it looks like Warde swung and missed. Yet again, I might add.

Wow! I guess your bashing of UConn & Warde has no facts to back it up. Seems to me like this came from Narduzzi's camp, not UConn's. This way he could decline w/o tarnishing his name for future opportunities. I also think that's why he came out later and rephrased his "rejection" into a "withdrawal".

Reaction Score
End of the day, UConn needs a coach that wants to be here. It seems something happened that we will never know in the negotiations. Asst coaching salaries? Doubtful. Sounds like Narduzzi had demands which brought into question his desire for the job and both sides decided to walk away from each other or he thinks he has a better opportunity coming his way soon. He should talk to Diaco at Notre Dame about those prospects.

This is great irony.

Reaction Score
I'm convinced that Narduzzi was never offered. Diaco was first choice

Reaction Score
If this information in fact came from the UConn Athletic Department, it shows once again that we have yet to get control of the message there. We are just awful. Nobody should have said anything, least of all that this deal broke down over assistant salaries. Talk about Amateur Hour, our own side is under cutting us. If this came from Narduzzi we can always say we elected to go in a different direction. Now it looks like Warde swung and missed. Yet again, I might add.

Completely agree.

Then again. If we are successful, it is we can point to Narduzzi as an example others shouldn't follow.

Reaction Score
Completely agree.

Then again. If we are successful, it is we can point to Narduzzi as an example others shouldn't follow.

Pal,

If you had just said STFU it would have been more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom