Report: Cooper Flagg cancels visit to Kansas, meaning decision could come down to UConn and Duke | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Report: Cooper Flagg cancels visit to Kansas, meaning decision could come down to UConn and Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not all 50/50's are equally weighted.
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The momentum is trending in the right direction. Since the spring we’ve been making up ground little by little. Let’s see if it continues
Being at less than 50-50 with Duke having the opportunity to close their first night weekend he's a little bit of an uphill climb for us. I'd suggest that, at this point, we probably need an unforced Duke era to be able to close.

Mind you, I have absolutely no inside information and base that purely on what I've read in the multiple CF threads.

Reaction Score
It wouldn't make sense for him to cancel a Kansas visit now if he's not deciding/announcing for 6 months anyway. Why not just take the visit?
It wouldn't make sense for him to cancel a Kansas visit now if he's not deciding/announcing for 6 months anyway. Why not just take the visit?
Exactly

Reaction Score
If we don't get Flagg back on campus after his Duke visit, then I won't be holding my breath. If he schedules a second visit, he's UConn bound.

Reaction Score
I can't believe we don't have any uncool people posting a "beating a dead horse" gif. :cool: Followed by some "thank you's".
The Providence joke is the Secretariat of jokes lol. That horse has giddy up for years!

Reaction Score
Being at less than 50-50 with Duke having the opportunity to close their first night weekend he's a little bit of an uphill climb for us. I'd suggest that, at this point, we probably need an unforced Duke era to be able to close.

Mind you, I have absolutely no inside information and base that purely on what I've read in the multiple CF threads.
OR the Duke visit might further highlight the special unique situation/opportunity at UConn. We just don’t know. It’s probably Duke. But that fact that it’s gotten to the point ofn”probably” instead of “definitely” is something

Reaction Score
I haven't seen it anywhere and maybe I missed it, but has he taken an unofficial visit to Duke? Did he take an unofficial to UConn?

Reaction Score
I would gather that Cooper now realizes that Dan has done it and very well could do it again. I don't know Cooper but if he's one and done, why not play in front of your folks and friends for that year? I'm sure UConn knows what Cooper is all about and chances are, in my estimation, better than 50% in favor of UConn landing him. Why stress UConn academics when he's one and done?

Reaction Score
I've heard if you flip a quarter 100 times, it will land on heads more than 50% because of weight imbalance. Let's hope we're the heads side.
Night Coin GIF

Edit: Wait, that coin doesn't have a heads..... Doomed!!!

Reaction Score
I haven't seen it anywhere and maybe I missed it, but has he taken an unofficial visit to Duke? Did he take an unofficial to UConn?
Yes, unofficial to Duke over the summer, then an official to UConn in September and now going back for an official at Duke in a few weeks

Reaction Score
My niece is currently a grad student at Storrs. Dunno if this is new for y'all, but the talk on campus is that Flagg's parents loved everything Hurley did. Especially honoring the part about honoring Donovan's mom. People seem to think the parents are UConn lean.

I asked her about Providence. She laughed in my face :p

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Huh?

Mensah was a great rim protector for SDSU, 15th of any player in the country in block rate.
FAU starts a 7'1" guy who protects the rim. They had the 15th best 2pt% D on the season.
Omier is shorter but has really long arms. They didn't have anyone else though and yeah statistically they weren't good at interior D.

I know they are your team so you know this, but Kansas lost in the 2nd round for a reason, and the reason was they were playing a 6'7" non-center at center. Arkansas abused Kansas on drives to the rim, drew a million fouls and caused foul trouble, and killed them on the boards. There's a reason Self went out of his way to get a prominent center.

Not every 6'11 guy can protect the rim well. Flip didn't last year, but he was playing more 4 (and apparently had a messed up hip he fixed with surgery this summer). We'll see as he transition closer to the basket what happens. But backup 4s can't be your rim protection solution. If you don't have rim protection, you need the pesky guards like Miami or Marquette.

Yeah, you forget that HuskySquawk disguises himself as a UConn first fan, but in any thread that involves the jailbirds, and the rug doctor, that he becomes the ultimate spinmeister.

Reaction Score
Guys dook is not a bad school for basketball. To be in the consideration with them (they recruit great talent) shows how much our program has returned.

UConn/dook battling for the #1 talent is a great matchup. I like our staff in this one.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah, you forget that HuskySquawk disguises himself as a UConn first fan, but in any thread that involves the jailbirds, and the rug doctor, that he becomes the ultimate spinmeister.
Come on man. I never thought KU had much of chance with Flagg. My comments on Duke's front court are because it's damned good. By the way, I don't think that helps them with Flagg.

I don't have confirmed tickets for Dec 1 yet. Are you going? Hopefully you can see me wearing UConn attire at AFH.

Reaction Score
Yes, unofficial to Duke over the summer, then an official to UConn in September and now going back for an official at Duke in a few weeks
That he’s seen both programs now seems to bode well for us. Haven’t seen enough from Scheyer to see what he’s about or if he’s the guy for Duke, but we are no longer on the rise. We are on top. If I’m cooper and know I’m a one an done, gotta think that a year spent in Storrs is easily a better investment than Duke.

Reaction Score
ESPN would freak out if Flagg chose UConn and they wouldn't be able to hype him and show him and Dook's every game all season long.
Had not considered this as a quasi FOX v. ESPN battle. He's probably the one recruit every 5 or so years (the last being Zion and before that Anthony Davis) that moves the TV meter. Have to wonder if networks could, would, or even are getting involved behind the scenes from NIL standpoint.

Reaction Score
Had not considered this as a quasi FOX v. ESPN battle. He's probably the one recruit every 5 or so years (the last being Zion and before that Anthony Davis) that moves the TV meter. Have to wonder if networks could, would, or even are getting involved behind the scenes from NIL standpoint.
I posted something similar a while back. I'm surprised we haven't seen this happen already. FOX could be a ratings monster if they steered Flagg to UConn. Same thing with star QB's in college football...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Once Fox gets him they can spread the rumor that he's dating Taylor Swift. I think that would do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom