Report: Cooper Flagg cancels visit to Kansas, meaning decision could come down to UConn and Duke | The Boneyard

Report: Cooper Flagg cancels visit to Kansas, meaning decision could come down to UConn and Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn coaches and this years team seem like a charismatic and positive attitude group. I think we have a decent shot of recruiting anyone that comes for a visit and meets the team and coach.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Its Happening.jpg

ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
As I stated before, 50-50 shot between UConn and Duke.
And like i said when it was announced he was visiting Storrs "If im Duke id be really, really worried".
“improved its standing with Flagg during his official visit and that they have made this a competitive battle to land (him).”
This would terrify me if im Duke. All we need now is for him to cancel his trip to Durham in a couple weeks.

Reaction Score
Nike never would have let him go to an Adidas school. The NIL dollars behind this commitment will be mind-boggling.
It’s only for 10 months. Once he’s one and done and in the league he can sign with them and do ads to his heart’s content.

Reaction Score
Uconn coaches and this years team seem like a charismatic and positive attitude group. I think we have a decent shot of recruiting anyone that comes for a visit and meets the team and coach.
Great visit, family connections, closer to home, 5 recent NC’s, great staff with closers. I think Clingan had Michigan as a dream school earlier on and he bought in on UConn. Duke without their HOF coach as well. I’m feeling like we have a great shot! Wish we were the last visit so he could commit at the end of his visit

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Just announce already, it's cool

Reaction Score
Cooper's love of Duke was substantially based on the legendary Coach K, just as UConn's was based on Coach Calhoun. Without those coaches, both schools lost cache. But now, Dan Hurley has proven himself and UConn is even more attractive to recruits, and unlike JC, he's a media darling.

Scheyer was 27-9 in his first year, but like Kevin Ollie, he was coaching his predecessor's players. He seems to be a great recruiter, and may prove to be a great coach, but he may also be a bust if he can't deliver championships. Following a legend is no easy task, expectations are high. patience is short, and legendary coattails are only so long.

One other factor favoring UConn is that it's close enough to home that his childhood friends, and family, can attend games.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Cooper's love of Duke was substantially based on the legendary Coach K, just as UConn's was based on Coach Calhoun. Without those coaches, both schools lost cache. But now, Dan Hurley has proven himself and UConn is even more attractive to recruits, and unlike JC, he's a media darling.

Scheyer was 27-9 in his first year, but like Kevin Ollie, he was coaching his predecessor's players. He seems to be a great recruiter, and may prove to be a great coach, but he may also be a bust if he can't deliver championships. Following a legend is no easy task, and expectations are very high.

One other factor favoring UConn is that it's close enough to home that his childhood friends, and family, can attend games.
Well it sure would suck and wouldn’t be good for our chances if Scheyer ended up winning a championship in his second year like Ollie.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well it sure would suck and wouldn’t be good for our chances if Scheyer ended up winning a championship in his second year like Ollie.
I honestly think he's got the best team right now. They'd be my #1. Still hard to win one.

Let's see what Cooper thinks of the culture when he gets to Duke and meets the players and staff, most of whom will be gone in a year. Sometimes the thing you dreamed about isn't really what you thought it would be.

Reaction Score
I would anticipate his commitment well before April so that shouldn’t factor much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom