A. Gilbert- 5.0
B. Adams- 5.0
J. Carlton- 5.0
T. Polley- 4.0
T. Smith- 4.0
K. Yakwe- 3.5

Player of the Game (UConn)- E. Cobb (2)
Player of the NOT Game- T. Polley/the Zebras

Cobb B- ..... his defense wasn't great and I don't like him allowing Cook that easy lane for a dunk by backing off. I believe it was time for someone to take a hack at one of these guys while making sure the shot didn't get off. But he was tough on O again have to love that.

Jalen C- ....only way he makes it to the C- level is he played hard to the end. But his start was more last year than what we need from our Sr leader. Dribbling into trouble and making bad decisions is not at all what we need from him.

Vital D .....just started like last year like Jalen. These guys both scared my they wouldn't come out of the gate like Thursday and how Hurley expects and both lived up to that unfortunately.

Gilbert D .... very disappointing with the ball from the start forcing things. Still tried to get too deep too much rather than using a pull up. Great athlete but like it or not he's 5'10 best and gets lost in the trees. Shot it awful and didn't stop not a good game for a guy I expect so much more from.

BAdams Inc.....not enough time to give him a full grade but played hard when in missed some jumpers but looks good shooting it. Needs to get better on keeping offender in front of him though.

Carlton D ..... has to be more assertive against good bigs, never moved Gazza and if you have the desire you can he didn't. Needs to get tougher.

Polley D.... looked like a chair against Cook made him look like an AA. Needs to be able to break down his defender to get a dribble or 2 and make a shot.

TSmith B- ...... he didn't play as well as he has but still looks like he belongs out there and controls the game a little always. Didn't shoot it as well but got good looks. Always plays tough on D.

Yakwe C- ..... got screwed again by the refs to get into foul trouble. He also got lost under the basket too much but is a battler. Not sure of everyone's dislike he's still a tough kid who mixes it up a lot more than most bigs we've had. He will be a piece if we are to be successful and Hurley knows that.

Hurley/Staff B- ...... Like the fact he worked the refs they certainly deserved it and more. Still haven't seen a good inbounds play this year would like to see less throwing it out to mid court. Need to let the kids know at some point you can't take allowing someone to own you without a fight. I am sure he expects that but they didn't show much and let their bigs do what they want with a bunch of touch fouls. Someone needed to let Gazza and Cook know they were sick of the celebrations.

Just a reminder there are some very bad habits to still get rid of. Nothing at all like the night before when they wanted to rip Cuse. Does some of that have to do with not making a shot? Sure but the intensity was never the same and the defense was not even close.

So the "can we get excited" thread is now back to maybe only. 2 games 2 different teams. Lots of work to do but it can be done and we have the right guy on the sideline to make that happen.

Reaction Score
Cobb B- ..... his defense wasn't great and I don't like him allowing Cook that easy lane for a dunk by backing off. I believe it was time for someone to take a hack at one of these guys while making sure the shot didn't get off. But he was tough on O again have to love that.

Jalen C- ....only way he makes it to the C- level is he played hard to the end. But his start was more last year than what we need from our Sr leader. Dribbling into trouble and making bad decisions is not at all what we need from him.

Vital D .....just started like last year like Jalen. These guys both scared my they wouldn't come out of the gate like Thursday and how Hurley expects and both lived up to that unfortunately.

Gilbert D .... very disappointing with the ball from the start forcing things. Still tried to get too deep too much rather than using a pull up. Great athlete but like it or not he's 5'10 best and gets lost in the trees. Shot it awful and didn't stop not a good game for a guy I expect so much more from.

BAdams Inc.....not enough time to give him a full grade but played hard when in missed some jumpers but looks good shooting it. Needs to get better on keeping offender in front of him though.

Carlton D ..... has to be more assertive against good bigs, never moved Gazza and if you have the desire you can he didn't. Needs to get tougher.

Polley D.... looked like a chair against Cook made him look like an AA. Needs to be able to break down his defender to get a dribble or 2 and make a shot.

TSmith B- . he didn't play as well as he has but still looks like he belongs out there and controls the game a little always. Didn't shoot it as well but got good looks. Always plays tough on D.

Yakwe C- ..... got screwed again by the refs to get into foul trouble. He also got lost under the basket too much but is a battler. Not sure of everyone's dislike he's still a tough kid who mixes it up a lot more than most bigs we've had. He will be a piece if we are to be successful and Hurley knows that.

Hurley/Staff B- . Like the fact he worked the refs they certainly deserved it and more. Still haven't seen a good inbounds play this year would like to see less throwing it out to mid court. Need to let the kids know at some point you can't take allowing someone to own you without a fight. I am sure he expects that but they didn't show much and let their bigs do what they want with a bunch of touch fouls. Someone needed to let Gazza and Cook know they were sick of the celebrations.

Just a reminder there are some very bad habits to still get rid of. Nothing at all like the night before when they wanted to rip Cuse. Does some of that have to do with not making a shot? Sure but the intensity was never the same and the defense was not even close.

So the "can we get excited" thread is now back to maybe only. 2 games 2 different teams. Lots of work to do but it can be done and we have the right guy on the sideline to make that happen.
Refs were an F-

Reaction Score
I am looking forward to Diarra's return to action for no other reason than to see Yakwe's minutes reduced. Yakwe looks like this season's Onuorah.

Reaction Score

TSmith B- . he didn't play as well as he has but still looks like he belongs out there and controls the game a little always. Didn't shoot it as well but got good looks. Always plays tough on D.

Hurley/Staff B- . Like the fact he worked the refs they certainly deserved it and more. Still haven't seen a good inbounds play this year would like to see less throwing it out to mid court. Need to let the kids know at some point you can't take allowing someone to own you without a fight. I am sure he expects that but they didn't show much and let their bigs do what they want with a bunch of touch fouls. Someone needed to let Gazza and Cook know they were sick of the celebrations.

My young seed, TSmith has been great for us, but you must be 1st blood related family if you're going to give him a "B-" against Iowa. The kid shot 0-6 from the 3pt line, missed on an important front end of a 1 & 1, had more turnovers than assists (1), and shot 2-9 from the field. No doubt this game was not his norm, but lets call a spade a spade. 4.0/10

Reaction Score
My young seed, TSmith has been great for us, but you must be 1st blood related family if you're going to give him a "B-" against Iowa. The kid shot 0-6 from the 3pt line, missed on an important front end of a 1 & 1, had more turnovers than assists (1), and shot 2-9 from the field. No doubt this game was not his norm, but lets call a spade a spade. 4.0/10

NO biggie but disagree. Maybe in comparison to others I was a bit easy on him but I'm ok with his missed shots he only forced a couple and looked under control for the most part especially vs JA, CV and AG. He played some solid to very good D consistently which comes into the grade also. Maybe should have been a C but my point is despite the missed shots he wasn't awful like most.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom