reminder of those projected WINS | The Boneyard

reminder of those projected WINS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
dont count your eggs before they're hatched.

and we're talking about easily beating RANKED teams...

thats why the games are played

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
feels like a non sequitur.... did I miss a discussion about eggs over easy?

Reaction Score
Monday night will be a very tough game for UCONN to win........The 3 freshemen will need yo step up and Heather will need to have a big game.......The guards will be ok.....

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Monday night I want to see the Stanford guard pass the ball in the middle. UConn has a reputation for filling the passing lanes. I also want to see Stanford play perimiter defense and their guards run with us. Lets face it most of Stanfords points will come from the O sisters and if they both score 20 how many other players will score in double figures. I see UConn by 10+.

Reaction Score
Monday night will be a very tough game for UCONN to win........The 3 freshemen will need yo step up and Heather will need to have a big game.......The guards will be ok.....

Yes, UCONN is going to need total team effort tomorrow to beat Stanford. A win is not a given, it must be earned.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Im not worried about Stanford... win or lose... Im talking about those teams in the middle of the pack that some have already put an L next to their names before they even played against UConn

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Georgetown... St Johns ummmm WVa. Pitt, UNC, you know the guaranteed wins. oh yeah TAMU, Duke, Rutgers (thinkin' thinkin')....ummmmm Louisville Depaul Okla

Im sure you've seen "no more than 4 losses" ND, Stanford, Baylor and in the FF.

when a top 5 team lose to an unranked team can you imagine the chances RANKED teams have against a top 5 team.

yeah I know this is UConn, Geno is the best ever but... Im just saying.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Georgetown... St Johns ummmm WVa. Pitt, UNC, you know the guaranteed wins. oh yeah TAMU, Duke, Rutgers (thinkin' thinkin')....ummmmm Louisville Depaul Okla

when a top 5 team lose to an unranked team can you imagine the chances RANKED teams have against a top 5 team.

I guess I don't get it. Did someone guarentee those wins? I mean, if a poster says they think Uconn will only lose 4 games, do they need to be called out on that because Tennessee was an upset victim?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

Pitt? I don't think so. Probably a bad team this year. DePaul not likely to be as good as last year, same with SJU, Oklahoma and UNC.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Pitt? I don't think so. Probably a bad team this year. DePaul not likely to be as good as last year, same with SJU, Oklahoma and UNC.
His point is that if Tennessee can lose to an unranked team, then Uconn can certainly lose to ranked teams.

So we shouldn't count on those wins.

Reaction Score
feels like a non sequitur.... did I miss a discussion about eggs over easy?

If you count your eggs over easy before they hatch, is the result higher or lower than if you count them after they hatch?

(Chorus in the background singing 'Gaudeamus Non Sequitur' by Brahms)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Contrary to popular opinion, internet postings have little to no effect on the outcome of WCBB games.

What? Are you being serious here? Or is this some kind of bad joke?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
What? Are you being serious here? Or is this some kind of bad joke?
Yes, it was clearly tongue in cheek. However, I am very curious as to how you might have interpreted it as a "bad" joke? How did you mean "bad", distasteful or humorless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom