Reminder - Div 1 NLI early signing period begins Wednesday Nov 13 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Reminder - Div 1 NLI early signing period begins Wednesday Nov 13

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I know this makes me sound like I’m ancient, but it’s possible that Piath signed and dated her LOI, and then mailed or faxed it in to UConn, without posting an announcement on social media.......:eek:

True. We had been informed that everyone but Aliyah and Piath had signed. It could be as you say that she has already signed and sent/faxed it in but it has not been announced by Geno or the office.

Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards Instagram,

Screenshot (1).png

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I know this makes me sound like I’m ancient, but it’s possible that Piath signed and dated her LOI, and then mailed or faxed it in to UConn, without posting an announcement on social media.......:eek:
Or she was/is just waiting for the others to sign theirs first :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Thanks. Looking forward to some more indepth feedback about our 2020 class (Maybe part of an upcoming Geno Auriemma Show)

You're going to have to wait awhile, the first installment of the GA show on SNY won't be until January 2020.

Link

1574197328371.png

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Where in my post did I even hint anything about a rumor of a de-commitment?
There must be 2 official Signing Periods for a reason and I asked about the second one without specific details about any possible players or Universities. I was just asking something related to Spring LOIs and if any BYers had any statistics or opinions. :eek:
You misunderstood my post or I did not explain myself correctly. My post was just me wondering why a recruit would commit early and not sign until the Spring signing period, and my second sentence was in reference to a post by Huskie02, and I believe he was just wondering why they had not signed. Nothing against your post.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
If this article was posted already ... sorry!
Kingston’s Aaliyah Edwards signed on the dotted line on Tuesday morning, officially committing to the University of Connecticut and the UConn Huskies women’s basketball team, a powerhouse NCAA program.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
You misunderstood my post or I did not explain myself correctly. My post was just me wondering why a recruit would commit early and not sign until the Spring signing period, and my second sentence was in reference to a post by Huskie02, and I believe he was just wondering why they had not signed. Nothing against your post.
Okie dokie. No problem.
Thanks for the clarification.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno MAY be asked about recruits in tonight's post-game presser. If so, he may talk about 4 or 5 players. Or he may say he'll talk about them when he gets all the LOIs. If he says that or talks about only 4 players, that tells us what Piath's status is.

Carnac

Reaction Score
What about Gabriel?

I'm sure we'll hear something about her signing. Either through "official" channels, or perhaps Alexa Philippou, the Courant's UConn WBB beat writer.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno MAY be asked about recruits in tonight's post-game presser. If so, he may talk about 4 or 5 players. Or he may say he'll talk about them when he gets all the LOIs. If he says that or talks about only 4 players, that tells us what Piath's status is.
I strongly suspect that Geno did not want to talk about any of the recruits until all the recruits were "in the barn" so to speak. I suspect that Piath may have signed her LOI, but just hasn't broadcast it on social media. If I am correct, then Geno and UConn were waiting for Aaliyah to return from the FIBA competition and make it official, which she did earlier today. In any event, the early signing period ends tomorrow, so I anticipate a media release by the UConn SID either tomorrow or Thursday.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I strongly suspect that Geno did not want to talk about any of the recruits until all the recruits were "in the barn" so to speak. I suspect that Piath may have signed her LOI, but just hasn't broadcast it on social media. If I am correct, then Geno and UConn were waiting for Aaliyah to return from the FIBA competition and make it official, which she did earlier today. In any event, the early signing period ends tomorrow, so I anticipate a media release by the UConn SID either tomorrow or Thursday.
That sounds about right, but I prefer Geno's ad hoc comments to a prepared release.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Piath's IG and Twitter accounts still show her verbal commitment to UConn. I'm not concerned.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Does it have to be signed by tomorrow or delivered tomorrow?
Just curious...
Signed and dated yes. Delivered no. If you recall, last year Haley Jones delayed the delivery of her LOI, even though she had signed it, due to the wildfires in Northern CA.

Reaction Score

I also think that Geno wants to keep the focus on this year's team.

Reaction Score
Does it have to be signed by tomorrow or delivered tomorrow?
Just curious...
Either way I thought that LOI’s typically are faxed. Once the player signs the paper, it’s faxed, and at that point it’s binding. That’s my understanding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom