Reminder - Div 1 NLI early signing period begins Wednesday Nov 13 | The Boneyard

Reminder - Div 1 NLI early signing period begins Wednesday Nov 13

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Signing Dates
Prospective Student-Athletes Signing 2019-20 and Enrolling 2020-21
Sport (s)Initial Signing DateFinal Signing Date
Division I Basketball (Early Period)November 13, 2019November 20, 2019
Division I Basketball (Regular Period)April 15, 2020May 20, 2020

By the end of the day on Wednesday, the basketball office should have signed NLI's from the 5 members of the class of 2020. :)

We should also hear of more verbals this week from those that have not announced yet.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Signing Dates

By the end of the day on Wednesday, the basketball office should have signed NLI's from the 5 members of the class of 2020. :)

Historically, did our commits sign immediately during the Early period? If not, who waited for the Regular period?

Reaction Score
Signing Dates

@Carnac Thanks for the reminder. Timely.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Historically, did our commits sign immediately during the Early period? If not, who waited for the Regular period?
With most kids, it’s pretty much immediate or until their respective HS can set up a school assembly in the gym so the player can do a 3-hat monte to build the suspense, or in the case of Stewie, get dad to drive over with the family car so you can sign the LOI on the hood.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So... once they sign their NLOI, Geno can talk about them? Always enjoy his comments on the kids who have not stepped on campus yet. It's the honeymoon period for the recruits - Geno only ever says good things about them LOL. Nice while that lasts, eh?!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Maybe the upcoming/continuing weather conditions could impact the signing parties.
They are already monitoring the wintry weather situation closely...in NC! :rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Today is going to be a good day. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Today is going to be a good day. :)
27751394.jpg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Still a bunch of pg’s who’ve yet to announce where they’re headed, including Von Lith. At the same time, it appears that the Irish lost out in their #1 pg prospect with Caitlin Clark’s announcement that she will become a Hawkeye.

Reaction Score
Still a bunch of pg’s who’ve yet to announce where they’re headed, including Von Lith. At the same time, it appears that the Irish lost out in their #1 pg prospect with Caitlin Clark’s announcement that she will become a Hawkeye.
Wow! Should be fun reading the ND blog sites. Seemed like a good match-curious why she made this decision.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
McGraw’s Bench is a bit concerned. In addition to Clark, their other undecided pg recruit, #30 Leilani Kapinus has listed her final 5 teams, sans ND.
I thought they were still in on Hailey Van Lith.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
McGraw’s Bench is a bit concerned. In addition to Clark, their other undecided pg recruit, #30 Leilani Kapinus has listed her final 5 teams, sans ND.
They'll be fine. In this day and age, Muffet will just snag a PG in the transfer market and get her that immediate waiver with that dirty ND money.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I thought they were still in on Hailey Van Lith.
Maybe. If so, Hailey Van Lith becomes a must have for the Irish and I’m not sure just how hard ND was pursuing her. Until her announcement yesterday, ND fans were confident that Clark was coming to South Bend. Their reaction to her decision to attend Iowa mirrors Husky fans reaction to Boston going to SC.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Van Lith is down to Baylor or Louisville.
Baylor has a commitment from Sarah Andrews, so it would be a battle for the pg role, and I don’t think Kim, who really likes a big lineup, wants two 5’7” pg’s on the floor at the same time.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Baylor has a commitment from Sarah Andrews, so it would be a battle for the pg role, and I don’t think Kim, who really likes a big lineup, wants two 5’7” pg’s on the floor at the same time.
IMHO it would become a Brown/Momnpremier situation. The winner plays, the loser transfers. No idea why kids go for that, but obviously they do. Let's hope Hailey Van Lith is too smart and chooses L'ville.

Reaction Score
IMHO it would become a Brown/Momnpremier situation. The winner plays, the loser transfers. No idea why kids go for that, but obviously they do. Let's hope Hailey Van Lith is too smart and chooses L'ville.
Lol Louisville has like a million guards! Plus they reshirted their back up point guard for next year. Why would Van Lith want to go there If she wants immediate playing time? Baylor loses 2 starting guards in t’ea Cooper and juicy Landrum. Two starting spots will be opened. Next years line up for Baylor will be Didi Richards, nalyssa Smith, queen egbo, moon ursin, and either Sarah Andrews or Van Lith. Whoever doesn’t start of the two will be the first off the bench. Also, Van Lith is big on faith and Baylor is a Christian school and she wants to play for championships. Baylor has 3 and Louisville has none.

Reaction Score
Also, mompremier wanted to go home after personal problems with family and be close to family. People thought we wouldn’t get cox after we signed brown and mompremier the year before. Look how well Brown and cox played together. I’m sure mulkey pitched to both Andrews and Van Lith that they can play off each other very well the next 4 years

Reaction Score
Maybe. If so, Hailey Van Lith becomes a must have for the Irish and I’m not sure just how hard ND was pursuing her. Until her announcement yesterday, ND fans were confident that Clark was coming to South Bend. Their reaction to her decision to attend Iowa mirrors Husky fans reaction to Boston going to SC.
Sounds just like last year when we all thought Boston was a lock for UConn and then she signed with South Carolina. I think Geno is still smarting over that one.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Lol Louisville has like a million guards! Plus they reshirted their back up point guard for next year. Why would Van Lith want to go there If she wants immediate playing time? Baylor loses 2 starting guards in t’ea Cooper and juicy Landrum. Two starting spots will be opened. Next years line up for Baylor will be Didi Richards, nalyssa Smith, queen egbo, moon ursin, and either Sarah Andrews or Van Lith. Whoever doesn’t start of the two will be the first off the bench. Also, Van Lith is big on faith and Baylor is a Christian school and she wants to play for championships. Baylor has 3 and Louisville has none.
Glad Hailey Van Lith was smarter than you thought and chose L'ville!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom