Reminder - Div 1 NLI early signing period begins Wednesday Nov 13 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Reminder - Div 1 NLI early signing period begins Wednesday Nov 13

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Also, Van Lith is big on faith and Baylor is a Christian school
The idea that a recruit’s faith plays a role in which college they choose to attend has often been cited as a theory, but seldom proved correct in practice. We frequently hear this same theory relative to Notre Dame. ND was supposed to have an edge with Haley Jones, who attended Mater Dei, a Catholic prep school. Of course she chose Stanford.

Recruits choose to go to a particular college for a variety of reasons. IMO religious faith is seldom one of the primary factors in their decision.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lol Louisville has like a million guards! Plus they reshirted their back up point guard for next year. Why would Van Lith want to go there If she wants immediate playing time? Baylor loses 2 starting guards in t’ea Cooper and juicy Landrum. Two starting spots will be opened. Next years line up for Baylor will be Didi Richards, nalyssa Smith, queen egbo, moon ursin, and either Sarah Andrews or Van Lith. Whoever doesn’t start of the two will be the first off the bench. Also, Van Lith is big on faith and Baylor is a Christian school and she wants to play for championships. Baylor has 3 and Louisville has none.
Evidently, not enough faith.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I have not been keeping track. Have all 5 of the 2020 commits signed their LOI’s? Or are we still waiting on 1-2?

Reaction Score
I hope they are not having second thoughts. Sometimes kids get caught up in all the hype of First Night and make a spur of the moment decision. The further you move away from that day the more you question that initial decision. Only 3 days left in the early signing period which ends on 11/20. I hope my rational is proven wrong.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Aaliyah was out at a tourney with Team Canada. She said she would sign when she got back. No worries!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Aaliyah was out at a tourney with Team Canada. She said she would sign when she got back. No worries!
So she has two more days to sign? Cutting it rather close, no?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Edwards and Paith haven't signed yet.
Maybe they want to wait until the Spring '20 Signing Period. How often does that happen with top senior players?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Maybe they want to wait until the Spring '20 Signing Period. How often does that happen with top senior players?
Why wait if they have committed? I have not heard as much as a rumor of a de-commitment.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Why wait if they have committed? I have not heard as much as a rumor of a de-commitment.
Where in my post did I even hint anything about a rumor of a de-commitment?
There must be 2 official Signing Periods for a reason and I asked about the second one without specific details about any possible players or Universities. I was just asking something related to Spring LOIs and if any BYers had any statistics or opinions. :eek:

Reaction Score
Where in my post did I even hint anything about a rumor of a de-commitment?
There must be 2 official Signing Periods for a reason and I asked about the second one without specific details about any possible players or Universities. I was just asking something related to Spring LOIs and if any BYers had any statistics or opinions. :eek:
My gut tells me they might have got caught up in all the hoopla and excitement of first night and in the midst of all the excitement made their verbal commitment. Now after a week or two has gone by they may be having second thoughts about their decision and need more time to process everything. I hope I am wrong.?

Reaction Score
My gut tells me they might have got caught up in all the hoopla and excitement of first night and in the midst of all the excitement made their verbal commitment. Now after a week or two has gone by they may be having second thoughts about their decision and need more time to process everything. I hope I am wrong.?
Time for a gut check.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Maybe that was just your gut asking for a fiber supplement. Easy to get those messages confused.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So, some basic tutoring for me. With the NLI signed and delivered (I know we still need to wait for that logistical part), coaches can speak freely about the player?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
OK Piath, bring it on home. Make it a "Quintet" LOI week. :)
I know this makes me sound like I’m ancient, but it’s possible that Piath signed and dated her LOI, and then mailed or faxed it in to UConn, without posting an announcement on social media.......:eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom