REMINDER: Born to Lead: Jim Calhoun airs on Thursday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

REMINDER: Born to Lead: Jim Calhoun airs on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Jacobs is pretty good at what he does. That includes being contoversial. He is also a self-righteous ass with a huge ego.
JC is legendary at what he does. Big ego and a chip on his shoulder when it pertains to his program.

I don't see how they don't have problems. One has to show he has the chaps to go after a local demi-god. The other only knows one way to confront being challenged.
I love that JC out-classed him with the phone call.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
While inserting pins in my Bob Diaco voodoo doll this morning, I recalled this show's reminder of Calhoun's 9-19 record during his first season as head coach here, and the fact that he briefly considered quitting and giving up on coaching altogether after that season. Too often I fail to remember his first season--and losing to Yale.

I liked the Diaco hire but I've come to think that he may simply be nuts and not very smart. But then I remember Calhoun's inauspicious start here and I think maybe I need to be more patient. I never thought Calhoun wasn't smart though. He always seemed smart enough to be realistic, and I think that is where Diaco is losing me--he doesn't seem to be in touch with reality.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Let's leave the door open. He may just be a lot more like KO (beyond KO) than JC, Deserves more time.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
While inserting pins in my Bob Diaco voodoo doll this morning, I recalled this show's reminder of Calhoun's 9-19 record during his first season as head coach here, and the fact that he briefly considered quitting and giving up on coaching altogether after that season. Too often I fail to remember his first season--and losing to Yale.

I liked the Diaco hire but I've come to think that he may simply be nuts and not very smart. But then I remember Calhoun's inauspicious start here and I think maybe I need to be more patient. I never thought Calhoun wasn't smart though. He always seemed smart enough to be realistic, and I think that is where Diaco is losing me--he doesn't seem to be in touch with reality.

Ollie wasn't in touch with reality when he took the team to ff location after losing to Houston and smu

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ollie wasn't in touch with reality when he took the team to ff location after losing to Houston and smu
Agree totally. I just thought of that too, and I definitely scoffed at the time, thinking KO had lost his mind.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Agree totally. I just thought of that too, and I definitely scoffed at the time, thinking KO had lost his mind.
What is reality? I still don't believe we won numbers three and four and question whether I, and members of this forum, are Neo before Morpheus changed reality. Maybe KO is Morpheus, and our outlook after Houston and SMU is the reality most of us are stuck in. It took KO climbing the steps of a twenty story building, jumping, and surviving with no injury to question things.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

When it works, you're a genius. When it doesn't, you're a lunatic. c'est la vie

Reaction Score

For the remainder of this year, Diaco has my support so long as it looks like the players are still buying in (which it does). We'll know by the end of game 2 next year whether the first year was an adjustment period or whether we have a complete dumpster fire on our hands again.

Reaction Score
He's got them actually playing coherent football, which is a huge step up from the beginning of the year. It's a bad roster. They're going to lose games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom