Remember the Clingan Take... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Remember the Clingan Take...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The kid can play, and if you don’t believe me ask Bill Walton or Coach K.

Reaction Score
I'm happy to eat crow in my Clingan takes early on. Anyone calling him a scrub was delusional, but I had no idea he'd be a potential Conference POY his sophomore year. He's outperformed expectations at every turn.

Credit where it's due. The kid has put in the work--that ain't easy.
Respect to you sir. I was always a believer. I knew he`d come here and had no doubt he`d contribute immediately. Must admit though i didnt think he`d be as good as he was.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Oooooh. I like this.
another example of how Hurley and Staff took a player with room for improvement and filled up that room in short order:
They turned Sanogo into MOP, they turned his "backup" into the best big man in the country, they turned a non-scorer into a potential first round pick, they made Whaley a Monster and they turned a no-d Joey C into a little pest.

There's more...
In handing out credits I think it is also important to remember that their high school coaches are to be commended. Adama came out of high school in NJ with all that footwork and finishing with either hand. Just go back and look at the videos; its all there. That is remarkable and a credit to both Adama's teachability and work ethic as well. DH and staff brought his game up to the next level along with the S & C he needed to play at this level. They must have been thrilled to get a big with all that development.

I did not see much of Clingan's tapes but more than a few people did and said he was skilled already at playing the post and could shoot from outside (something we haven't seen yet).

My favorite thing about these two and which would make a nice highlight film is those two playing against each other in practice. That must have been truly epic.

Maybe someday we will get more insight on what that was like.

We have a great staff and they have a remarkable way of not only recruiting great talent but getting them to excel at playing unselfishly and together as a unit. Watching them in the NCAA tournament
was like a textbook classic on the combination of player talent and the finished product of a season of great coaching. Truly a jaw dropping performance!

Reaction Score
Whether you trashed Hurley and Clingan or were one of the ones who believed in them there was No one on this board who after that January losing streak knew were going to a national championship. So.... that makes us all fallible and dumb. Let's stop dunking on each other. (none of us can actually dunk).

Reaction Score
Whether you trashed Hurley and Clingan or were one of the ones who believed in them there was No one on this board who after that January losing streak knew were going to a national championship. So.... that makes us all fallible and dumb. Let's stop dunking on each other. (none of us can actually dunk).
Some of us never wavered in our doubt even in the middle of the January losing streak

Rate your top 10 UConn wins

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Some of us never wavered in our doubt even in the middle of the January losing streak

Rate your top 10 UConn wins
Youre Great Conor Mckenna GIF by FoilArmsandHog

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I’m still debating internally whether Hurley should be the coach of this team let alone Clingan being the potential starting center. Let’s deal with one thing at a time. My mind can only handle so much at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom