Remember, Johnson is almost back | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Remember, Johnson is almost back

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

It‘s such a tricky injury. He’s still in the boot to keep his foot protected, and it’s not a thing you can play through pain with and it won’t matter. If he comes back too soon, it’s a setback.

(but remember- Dan never gives info to the local guys or about injuries. would be nice if that narrative could end)

I thought Brando said that Samson was out of the boot last night.

Reaction Score
I thought Brando said that Samson was out of the boot last night.

I don’t know what was said, but he’s still using it. Maybe he meant not all the time? Because that’s accurate. It was nice to see him out of it at the game. Don’t mess with bigs and their feet! That was Akok’s deal last year as much as the continued Achilles recovery.

Reaction Score
There's no need to rush him back . Hope he's patient and heals 100%, if missing another 1-2 weeks substantially reduces the chance of another long term absence, then park him on the bench in street clothes.

Reaction Score
We need him back. Karaban’s playing a lot of tough and excellent minutes but I worry that he’ll get worn down. He need less but more effective minutes until his body catches up. We’re lucky he can early and got in all that strength work.

Reaction Score
Still in the boot a bit, seems like another month away. We’ll see. Glad we have the depth to not press on it

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
There's multiple pages but I don't recall ever hearing what happened to his foot . anyone know how it was injured originally or what type of foot injury ?

Reaction Score
Get him in end of January, a month of a tough stretch to incorporate him. Hit his stride in March when it matters

Can not wait to see the lineups with mixing him with Adam and the Cocaine Bear. Real size

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There's multiple pages but I don't recall ever hearing what happened to his foot . anyone know how it was injured originally or what type of foot injury ?
I heard it is a stress reaction, which is basically a fracture that is hanging on by a thread. I remember Shawn Alexander played on one when he was All-World with the Seahawks and was never the same after the bone break healed. He was a professional football player, making $millions. Johnson is making peanuts, if anything at all, right now.

Reaction Score
I heard it is a stress reaction, which is basically a fracture that is hanging on by a thread. I remember Shawn Alexander played on one when he was All-World with the Seahawks and was never the same after the bone break healed. He was a professional football player, making $millions. Johnson is making peanuts, if anything at all, right now.
Is this something that he’ll probably have surgery in the off-season on so he’s 100% healthy for next year?

Reaction Score
Is this something that he’ll probably have surgery in the off-season on so he’s 100% healthy for next year?

I think it's a stress reaction which is catching it before it reaches stress fracture territory. It's an over use injury which is why they had to shut him down and he's in the boot to protect it. They have to bring him back slowly.

I have no medical expertise but I don't think I've heard of stress fracture needing surgery to be repaired and since it's only a stress reaction that they caught early I def don't think there's a possibility of surgery, if they treat it and his return properly.

Reaction Score
25 for Karaban and 15 for Johnson seems ideal. Similar to what we're doing with Sanogo and Clingan.
I really think it depends on the match ups and how Jackson is utilized. Andre is a better rebounder than either Karaban or Johnson. He’s arguably a better passer than many of our guards. He is the best defender at the 2, 3 or possibly 4 (although need to see more of Johnson to decide that at 4).
My guess is with Joey C making a strong case for more minutes and Andre getting the top defensive stopper assignment against the top Offensive guy (other than center), we should maybe guard against the one fits all solution.

Reaction Score
I'd say from time boot comes off, it's another 2-3 weeks. He won't be in game condition right away.

Reaction Score
How would you know that? Hurley just said potentially next week.
Someone mentioned he was in the boot recently over the last few days I thought. Regardless, going to take him a lot of time to get back into game shape and quality minutes. We’ll see.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
microscope GIF

"Johnson. Where is this Johnson kid?"

Reaction Score
The idea that a player who has not practiced in six weeks, who indeed has been off his feet and unable to do true aerobics, can be "ready" for BE game action after a few days of sporadic Christmas week rehab, is, of course, absurd. This board's speculation may be "peak Boneyard" but Hurley's speculation that Johnson may be ready for Villanova is "peak Hurley."

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The idea that a player who has not practiced in six weeks, who indeed has been off his feet and unable to do true aerobics, can be "ready" for BE game action after a few days of sporadic Christmas week rehab, is, of course, absurd. This board's speculation may be "peak Boneyard" but Hurley's speculation that Johnson may be ready for Villanova is "peak Hurley."
Has he not practiced? The report from a couple weeks ago was he was doing more on his feet and getting close to live action.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom