2023 Recruiting: - Reid Ducharme | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Reid Ducharme

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Lol why does this happen every year? DT the greatest women’s basketball player ever, likely wouldn’t start at any d3 men’s school. She absolutely wouldn’t be able to play at eybl aau tourneys.

Reaction Score
Lol why does this happen every year? DT the greatest women’s basketball player ever, likely wouldn’t start at any d3 men’s school. She absolutely wouldn’t be able to play at eybl aau tourneys.
People can’t be happy that women can play their own game well. Some can’t resist pushing the false notion of physical parity when none exists. A D3 team would absolutely obliterate the Women Huskies, and that shouldn’t diminish what they accomplish in their own right.

Reaction Score
She’s top 5 and way underated. My guess is her brother is way underated as well. Hurley needs to sign this kid.
I agree she is overshadowed by azzi and page BUT she was the #5 recruit in the country how underrated can she be??
That's a great way of being underrated

Reaction Score
Ok, let's ease this thread back to Reid. In a one on one 5 game match up between REID and Caroline. What do you think the out come would be? I think.
REID = 5
Caroline = 0
Not to take anything from Caroline, but the athleticism between men and women are night and day. Let's move on with the this thread and keep it about REID DUCHARME recruitment. PLEASE!

Reaction Score
I agree she is overshadowed by azzi and page BUT she was the #5 recruit in the country how underrated can she be??
That's a great way of being underrated
What makes you so sure Ducharme is overshadowed by Azzi? Physically, no way is she overshadowed by Azzi. Azzi is 5’11” and Ducharme is 6’2”, and with those long arms Ducharme probably plays even taller. She’s also a great shooter and Geno has even compared her to Ann Strother who had a terrific freshman season. The player to compare Azzi to is CW who was also the top recruit in her high school class and when CW committed to UConn people were ecstatic, but as we now know things were difficult for CW at first. Finally, as for playing time, I think Ducharme could quickly turn into another Strother or Katie Lou which might put her first off the bench or even as a starter. Azzi on the other hand will have to live up to her hype and then some or she will be behind Paige, Nika, CW and Westbrook on the depth chart. Now, let’s get back to another Ducharme who the men’s team could really use.

Reaction Score
What makes you so sure Ducharme is overshadowed by Azzi? Physically, no way is she overshadowed by Azzi. Azzi is 5’11” and Ducharme is 6’2”, and with those long arms Ducharme probably plays even taller. She’s also a great shooter and Geno has even compared her to Ann Strother who had a terrific freshman season. The player to compare Azzi to is CW who was also the top recruit in her high school class and when CW committed to UConn people were ecstatic, but as we now know things were difficult for CW at first. Finally, as for playing time, I think Ducharme could quickly turn into another Strother or Katie Lou which might put her first off the bench or even as a starter. Azzi on the other hand will have to live up to her hype and then some or she will be behind Paige, Nika, CW and Westbrook on the depth chart. Now, let’s get back to another Ducharme who the men’s team could really use.
Women's board wants their thread back

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The women couldn't beat the intramural men at UConn.

They could have beaten my team..by a lot. But we were class C and terrible. I recall a team with John Gwinn and Mark Suhr came in 3rd in Class A (both sitting out) in 87-88. So no, they weren't beating the champs.

As for this player, love the idea of a crafty, athletic PG with real length. It would make Hurley's defense function better. And if we're going to feature some real bigs like DC, having that length outside will make interior passes easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom