2023 Recruiting: - Reid Ducharme | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Reid Ducharme

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or Caroline could play on the men's team. They could use her shooting. :)
"How may points can Caroline score? As many as the guy who guards her wants her to."

(FWIW - Apparently she's better than expected, which was already pretty good.)

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t count on his sister drawing him there but it might make UConn an easy favorite for his parents. Imagine having a kid on each team. Parental basketball nirvana. They could even do commercials together and make bank.
"College Basketball Capital of the World"

Reaction Score
Or Caroline could play on the men's team. They could use her shooting. :)
Here's a blast from the past for those old enough to remember.

There was a lot of talk among fans of the women's team in the mid-90's that they could beat the men and wanted a game so it could be proven.

Their measuring points were the women's team style of play, overall success and winning the 1995 championship, while the men couldn't get over the hump to the FF.

When asked about it Rebecca Lobo supposedly said, matter of factly as I recall, that the women probably wouldn't get a shot off against the men's size and quickness.

Reaction Score

There was a lot of talk among fans of the women's team in the mid-90's that they could beat the men and wanted a game so it could be proven.

Their measuring points were the women's team style of play, overall success and winning the 1995 championship, while the men couldn't get over the hump to the FF.

When asked about it Rebecca Lobo supposedly said, matter of factly as I recall, that the women probably wouldn't get a shot off against the men's size and quickness.
I have played in pick up games with DT while in college, she had struggles.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I think Geno said it best. The men were having a middling year and the women were in the middle of a successful run and someone asked him what was the score but if the women played against the men. His answer was it would be whatever the men’s team wanted it to be. If they wanted it to be 75 to 65, that would be the score if they wanted it to be 100 to nothing, that would be the score. That’s what I was making a vague reference to above.

Keep in mind that the men’s practice players, who certainly aren’t high major Division I athletes, are given limitations in the women’s practices. Most notably they can’t jump to block shots. On average men are going to be faster, stronger, and quicker so everything from fast breaks to making passes becomes more difficult.

Note that isn’t to say that an individual woman can’t beat an individual man. My daughter played in high school and she and her friends routinely beat guys and pick up games, but playing against male basketball players is a whole different thing. (For what it’s worth, she said that games against guys always seem to follow the same pattern, at first the guys would kind of half try. After getting beat they would try harder but try not to look like they were trying harder. Eventually they would be obviously trying hard but still could not compete against the female players. Then they would go off and sulk and say we don’t want to play anymore, and we weren’t even trying anyway.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

The women couldn't beat the intramural men at UConn.

Reaction Score
I think Geno said it best. The men were having a half year and the women were in the middle of a successful run and someone asked him what was the score but if the women played against the men. His answer was it would be whatever the man wanted it to be. If they wanted it to be 75 to 65, that would be the score if they wanted it to be 100 to nothing, that would be the score. That’s what I was making a vague reference to above.

Keep in mind that the men’s practice players, who certainly aren’t high major Division I athletes, are given limitations in practice. Most notably they can’t jump to block shots. On average men are going to be faster, stronger, and quicker so everything from fast breaks to making passes becomes more difficult.

Note that isn’t to say that an individual woman can’t beat an individual man. My daughter played in high school and she and her friends routinely beat guys and pick up games, but playing against male basketball players is a whole different thing. (For what it’s worth, she said that games against guys always seem to follow the same pattern, at first the guys would kind of half try. After getting beat they would try harder but try not to look like they were trying harder. Eventually they would be obviously trying hard but still could not compete against the female players. Then they would go off and sulk and say we don’t wanna play anymore, and we weren’t even trying anyway.)
I'm sorry my flip comments, which were obviously meant in jest, precipitated this discussion. Please nobody else comment. It's a worthless discussion.

Reaction Score
The women couldn't beat the intramural men at UConn.
Sometimes I wonder if the women of today couldn't beat them. Much more athletic, bigger, and faster than 30 years ago while the intramural men have guts from sitting around playing video games......

Reaction Score
I think Geno said it best. The men were having a middling year and the women were in the middle of a successful run and someone asked him what was the score but if the women played against the men. His answer was it would be whatever the men’s team wanted it to be. If they wanted it to be 75 to 65, that would be the score if they wanted it to be 100 to nothing, that would be the score. That’s what I was making a vague reference to above.

Keep in mind that the men’s practice players, who certainly aren’t high major Division I athletes, are given limitations in the women’s practices. Most notably they can’t jump to block shots. On average men are going to be faster, stronger, and quicker so everything from fast breaks to making passes becomes more difficult.

Note that isn’t to say that an individual woman can’t beat an individual man. My daughter played in high school and she and her friends routinely beat guys and pick up games, but playing against male basketball players is a whole different thing. (For what it’s worth, she said that games against guys always seem to follow the same pattern, at first the guys would kind of half try. After getting beat they would try harder but try not to look like they were trying harder. Eventually they would be obviously trying hard but still could not compete against the female players. Then they would go off and sulk and say we don’t want to play anymore, and we weren’t even trying anyway.)
So they really took it to the dark Socks guys???:)

Reaction Score
Really hope they recruit him hard, gotta have more shooters to go along w the stud athletes DH likes for his style of play.
Love his style of play, his dad was someone I would go to his games to watch him coach.
Plus I think this kids game is WAY more then just a shooter.
Numerous articles about the chip on his sister's shoulder and I think those kind of shoulders run in the family

Reaction Score
Sometimes I wonder if the women of today couldn't beat them. Much more athletic, bigger, and faster than 30 years ago while the intramural men have guts from sitting around playing video games......
No

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly in the early 2000's the Courant did a poll asking fans who would win the men or the women and 25% said the women. Auriemma said if the men wanted the score to be 1200 - 0 it would be 1200 - 0. In 2004 I was at a game and the elderly couple behind us were talking about the women. The lady says to the guy, if Diana was eligible for the NBA draft, where do you think she would be drafted, the guy thinks for a few seconds and says probably around #10.
A decent high school boys team would beat the women's team. As someone said, they would be too quick and too strong. And if they played with the men's ball they would not shoot nearly as well as they do.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I have played in pick up games with DT while in college, she had struggles.
Years ago I played in a two on two pick up game against a female who was a star at SCSU, then a strong D2 or 3 program.. I was a decent playground player. I did have trouble stopping her, she had a quick good shot, but she had trouble stopping me. The best UConn women’s team would probably have trouble with a good, maybe even mediocre high school men’s hoop team precisely because of differences in speed, strength and vertical jumping. Against a college team of any level, let alone D 1, as Lobo said, they’d have a lot of shot clock violations and give up a lot of alley oops. That said, some women could play on some men’s teams. Maybe not star, but definitely see playing time.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
INope not seeing it. Wonder woman maybe. I hate when this comes up just find it sencless.
I guarantee you the top women players could see some floorctime in a D3 program and not look silly. But who cares.

Reaction Score
No No No GIF

Reaction Score
Probably well known but his sister is Caroline Ducharme who will be a freshman for UConn WBB this coming season. I believe she was a Top 10 or maybe Top 5 recruit.
She’s top 5 and way underated. My guess is her brother is way underated as well. Hurley needs to sign this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom