2025 Recruiting: - Reibe set to announce this week | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Reibe set to announce this week

Reaction Score
I could be wrong from the limited tape I watched, but his game reminds me of a slightly less physical Hunter Dickenson.
His foot work and mobility is much better than HD. Needs some SnC to add some strength but he'll be a matchup nightmare for 5s in CBB. Can step out for the jumper when needed and has good hands for passing/ball handoffs. Gonna be a pick and roll machine.

Reaction Score
furphy isn't a non-athlete. strength is a kind of athleticism too. it's just a matter of using him appropriately and you can't get better at that than this staff.
Strength is good on offense as you see with Donic but he is an awful defender.

awy

Reaction Score
Strength is good on offense as you see with Donic but he is an awful defender.
get him in the pressure cooker and maybe he'll improve a bunch in that regard in a couple years

awy

Reaction Score
colby giacubeno said on locked on uconn that reibe and bundalo are mutually exclusive. it does fit with some other pieces of info, but let's see how it plays out.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My problem with all these new recruits is their athletic talent. I don't want a team filled with non-athletes. That is why I'm not interested in Furphy if we get the other guys.
I'm curious, how much will Hurley need to accomplish here for you to trust his judgement on recruiting?

I don't know who he plans on bringing in, nor do I fully know the levels of athleticism the kids we are currently looking at possess but I can safely say that we have some tremendous athletes on the roster (I'd match Ball with anyone in the country and I'd match Johnson with anyone 6'9" or taller) and we've seen some with less than ideal athleticism play enormous roles in the last two title runs.

I think Hurley knows what he's doing.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
colby giacubeno said on locked on uconn that reibe and bundalo are mutually exclusive. it does fit with some other pieces of info, but let's see how it plays out.
If he’s correct, I’m thinking Reibe and Bundalo were being recruited as a hybrid 4/5. The potential to play next to Reed/Sinagre with their shooting, but tall/big enough to guard centers without a traditional big on the floor.

Reaction Score
I'm curious, how much will Hurley need to accomplish here for you to trust his judgement on recruiting?

I don't know who he plans on bringing in, nor do I fully know the levels of athleticism the kids we are currently looking at possess but I can safely say that we have some tremendous athletes on the roster (I'd match Ball with anyone in the country and I'd match Johnson with anyone 6'9" or taller) and we've seen some with less than ideal athleticism play enormous roles in the last two title runs.

I think Hurley knows what he's doing.
Ball maybe and Johnson won't be on the lineup next year. I'm fine with Adams, Reibe, Mullins and Bundalo. I think with those in hand we need another athlete for the 5th spot is what I'm saying and not someone like Furphy. I find with Furphy if we whiff on one of those 4.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

What other info? I was under the impression they were not mutually exclusive.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Ball maybe and Johnson won't be on the lineup next year. I'm fine with Adams, Reibe, Mullins and Bundalo. I think with those in hand we need another athlete for the 5th spot is what I'm saying and not someone like Furphy. I find with Furphy if we whiff on one of those 4.
You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone. Basically, where I'm coming from is:
  • If we were to land Adams, Reibe, Mullins, Bundalo & Furphy I will be thrilled and I will view it as a monster class, one that could be argued as our best ever.
  • I have a strong suspicion that the overall athleticism of those five may be a bit higher than you are giving them credit for, but of greater importance, should be enough to perform at the level hurley has placed this program.
  • There will still be a few returning players on the roster (Ross, Abraham, Nowell, likely one of Ball/Stewart) with a good amount of athleticism. If Hurley can land all five that we've mentioned, I don't see overall team atheticism as a potential reason to hesitate bringin all five in.
  • Of greatest importance, Hurley's judgement on this trumps all. I don't know if he views all five as players we should bring in or if he views one or more as solid second options if we miss out on a first option (which falls in line with your view). Regardless, I will trust Hurley if we bring in all five or if we pass on one if we land the first four he is after. I will also believe that we would be in great shape if he wants all five but we miss on two or three. Things have gotten that good here.

Reaction Score
BBIQ is more important than athleticism. Danny said so but I understand we want both. The style they play maybe they just win 102-79 on a regular basis. I used to think it was cool when Calhoun’s teams would hold an opponent under 60. Now I’m thinking who cares what they score as long as we score more. Hurley has flipped his approach to value scoring more. I think he’s right. Defense is more about want to than offense. It’s the easier side of the ball to coach up if you get the right guys.

Reaction Score
You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone. Basically, where I'm coming from is:
  • If we were to land Adams, Reibe, Mullins, Bundalo & Furphy I will be thrilled and I will view it as a monster class, one that could be argued as our best ever.
  • I have a strong suspicion that the overall athleticism of those five may be a bit higher than you are giving them credit for, but of greater importance, should be enough to perform at the level hurley has placed this program.
  • There will still be a few returning players on the roster (Ross, Abraham, Nowell, likely one of Ball/Stewart) with a good amount of athleticism. If Hurley can land all five that we've mentioned, I don't see overall team atheticism as a potential reason to hesitate bringin all five in.
  • Of greatest importance, Hurley's judgement on this trumps all. I don't know if he views all five as players we should bring in or if he views one or more as solid second options if we miss out on a first option (which falls in line with your view). Regardless, I will trust Hurley if we bring in all five or if we pass on one if we land the first four he is after. I will also believe that we would be in great shape if he wants all five but we miss on two or three. Things have gotten that good here.
Yeah, agree we all have opinions but as shown in today's game athletic talent on defense can really change a game. Also, I think Furphy is a backup plan but I guess we will find out in a few weeks. I don't want just athletic guys for the sake of it. They have to fit the culture and also have to be able to score too. Why can't we have a good mix of players. It will be interesting where we end up with recruiting this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BBIQ is more important than athleticism. Danny said so but I understand we want both. The style they play maybe they just win 102-79 on a regular basis. I used to think it was cool when Calhoun’s teams would hold an opponent under 60. Now I’m thinking who cares what they score as long as we score more. Hurley has flipped his approach to value scoring more. I think he’s right. Defense is more about want to than offense. It’s the easier side of the ball to coach up if you get the right guys.
It's one of those things where there is absolute minimum baseline of physical size and athleticism which is more important than IQ that changes at every level you move up in basketball. And then after you meet that threshold, then BBIQ is probably more important, but it's a complementary relationship (the sum is more important than either alone).

Reaction Score
If he’s correct, I’m thinking Reibe and Bundalo were being recruited as a hybrid 4/5. The potential to play next to Reed/Sinagre with their shooting, but tall/big enough to guard centers without a traditional big on the floor.
Yeah assuming stew returns we only have room for Reibe

PF: Stew / Reibe / Abraham
C: Reed / Reibe / Singare

Reaction Score
Yeah assuming stew returns we only have room for Reibe

PF: Stew / Reibe / Abraham
C: Reed / Reibe / Singare
If we got Bundalo and not Reibe, we’d still clearly need to bring in a center for next season, so I’m not sure the staff is thinking about it that way. Obviously won’t speculate, but I’m guessing the staff would find a way to make the numbers work.

Reaction Score
If we got Bundalo and not Reibe, we’d still clearly need to bring in a center for next season, so I’m not sure the staff is thinking about it that way. Obviously won’t speculate, but I’m guessing the staff would find a way to make the numbers work.
Why do we have to bring in a Center if we get Bundalo? We still have Reed and Jr. Singare.

Reaction Score
sounds like we're getting reibe so it wont be an issue. i dont think it would make a difference assuming bundalo can play stretch 5 but there's a reason reibe is the priority/preference .

Reaction Score
Why do we have to bring in a Center if we get Bundalo? We still have Reed and Jr. Singare.
Because Bundalo isn’t a center and I don’t think as we currently stand, the staff should feel comfortable that Singare is the backup center next year. Hopefully he takes a big leap, but not sure I’d want to bet heavily on that.

Reaction Score
Because Bundalo isn’t a center and I don’t think as we currently stand, the staff should feel comfortable that Singare is the backup center next year. Hopefully he takes a big leap, but not sure I’d want to bet heavily on that.
Then why even have Singare if you don't think he can develop into a backup center? I think we go for one of the two bigs and Mullins and then wait for the transfer portal for additions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom