Regression is concerning | The Boneyard

Regression is concerning

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The team is supposed to improve throughout the year and yet we've managed to regress.

Our offense, which was inconsistent at times, has become practically non-existent if the team isn't running with the ball on the break.

If Carlton sees any physical play, he becomes a train wreck, missing layups or turning it over.

I couldn't count the number of missed shots with guys RIGHT at the rim, inside 3 feet!

But more concerning is the defensive energy and toughness that's disappeared of late. Today we got bullied by an AVERAGE USF team.

It's as much on the players (Carlton, the seniors) as it is on Hurley. Lots of blame to go around.

Reaction Score
I just posted in another thread that I think its all mental at this point. I just don’t know what else It could be since we always seem to play our worst basketball of the season when we get into conference play. Moving to the Big East will be a positive just for change of scenery alone. I don’t know what else to say.

Reaction Score
I just posted in another thread that I think its all mental at this point. I just don’t know what else It could be since we always seem to play our worst basketball of the season when we get into conference play. Moving to the Big East will be a positive just for change of scenery alone. I don’t know what else to say.
I suspect there will be a lot of last places finishes in the Big East.

Reaction Score
It isn’t getting easier in the Big East. We are on bad trajectory.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The team is supposed to improve throughout the year and yet we've managed to regress.

Our offense, which was inconsistent at times, has become practically non-existent if the team isn't running with the ball on the break.

If Carlton sees any physical play, he becomes a train wreck, missing layups or turning it over.

I couldn't count the number of missed shots with guys RIGHT at the rim, inside 3 feet!

But more concerning is the defensive energy and toughness that's disappeared of late. Today we got bullied by an AVERAGE USF team.

It's as much on the players (Carlton, the seniors) as it is on Hurley. Lots of blame to go around.
Al is letting his O impact his D. The energy he had been bringing on that side is gone.

Reaction Score
It isn’t getting easier in the Big East. We are on bad trajectory.
Well, one thing about Hurley and the staff is that they are bringing in better recruits. You would think thats going to help, but the key to next year and beyond is that these kids develop like they did under Calhoun. That was one of the biggest things against KO was that he was not able to develop players.

Reaction Score
Well, one thing about Hurley and the staff is that they are bringing in better recruits. You would think thats going to help, but the key to next year and beyond is that these kids develop like they did under Calhoun. That was one of the biggest things against KO was that he was not able to develop players.
That’s what scares me. I’m not seeing the player or team development. I’m seeing regression. You keep losing in the Big East and we could be in a perpetual hole.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Indiana ruined them. They didn’t capitalize on the early season momentum. And now they can’t recapture the energy. This is now squarely on Hurley to remedy. Now is the time where he proves himself
This is accurate. That was a huge momentum swing especially after missing out on Xavier. They’ve completely lacked confidence since that game. Especially Josh, who actually played well vs IU

Reaction Score
I think Akok and Bouknight, even Gaffney are progressing. Those are Hurley’s guys and thats a good sign that his recruits are getting better.
I think we could coach Akok and look good. Special talent. Bouk I’m not so sure I see what you do. I would argue Hurley missed a chance to elevate him and build on his momentum out of Charleston . Gaffney seems to be adjusting to game speed. The others just seem to be increasingly lost and unsure.

Reaction Score
This is accurate. That was a huge momentum swing especially after missing out on Xavier. They’ve completely lacked confidence since that game. Especially Josh, who actually played well vs IU
Well, the worst part is, It doesn’t get any easier from here. We play Tulane on Wednesday who is currently playing Cincinnati a lot tougher than we did, then comes Wichita St, and a trip to Villanova and Houston. I think these next four games are going to be the make or break point of the season.

Reaction Score
I think we could coach Akok and look good. Special talent. Bouk I’m not so sure I see what you do. I would argue Hurley missed a chance to elevate him and build on his momentum out of Charleston . Gaffney seems to be adjusting to game speed. The others just seem to be increasingly lost and unsure.
Bouk oozes talent every time the ball touches his hands

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom