Reggie Cameron | The Boneyard

Reggie Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coast 2 Coast Hoops speaks with Reggie Cameron regarding his final 7. Says this about UConn:

"UConn has always been a favorite in my area because they're always winning. I have some family in Connecticut too. Coach (Kevin) Ollie and the staff are great coaches and people. The environment at UConn is great as well. Jim Calhoun's retirement won't affect my decision because Coach Ollie is my main recruiter from UConn."

http://www.coast2coasthoops.com/content/reggie-cameron-talks-final-7-574/

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
loved this line "...retirement won't affect my decision because Coach Ollie is my main recruiter from UConn". I take that to mean a bunch of things - and hope that kids won't be put off by Ollie's "1 year" contract. I have a feeling we are going to see some terrific things from Coach Ollie.

Side note - Ollie and Hobbs are the "guard" coaches right? is Miller the "big men" coach? I still miss Vaughn, in spite of his hooker obsession...

Reaction Score
"Bigs" coaches can be small.......Clyde was pushing 6'3-6'4 but was a very good coach no doubt.......what we actually need are bigs who have talent, want to improve through hard work and do just that......even Hobbs can teach a "big" because he knows the game.......a little overrated I believe!!

Reaction Score
kid with talent who are "big" will find a school with a big coach.. we have not had a good one in some time

Reaction Score
kid with talent who are "big" will find a school with a big coach.. we have not had a good one in some time

Who is Duke's or UNC's??? Wojo, Collins? They go there don't they?

Just saying....I see your point but Clyde wasn't there for a lot of good bigs so the reality is it's up to the kid to be as good as he wants to be with some good coaching also......but these guys can coach guards, forwards, etc etc......

Reaction Score
With guys like Cameron and XRM what if they gave a verble now and then signed in the Spring when/if Ollie is hired long term.
That tactic would also put a little presure on WM to keep KO. In any event it couldn't hurt Ko's chances.

caw

Reaction Score
Maybe Kevin gets promoted, with JC leaving. He would seemingly be a viable option, if nothing more than to toughen them up.

I thought Freeman was already? Or was that just speculation?

Reaction Score
I thought Freeman was already? Or was that just speculation?

I believe he had an administrative role, and not allowed to 'officially' coach. Maybe someone can confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom