refs let Cuse mug us inside for about 10 minutes | The Boneyard

refs let Cuse mug us inside for about 10 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
But you gotta make shots when you're open. We didn't do that well enough. This team is playing with heart now, and I think will be a tough out in the NCAAs. I am pissed though. I really wanted to knock these bastards off.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. We where taken out of the game by the refs and had one of our 2 leaders on the bench, Alex. Truth is Lamb is just using this as warm up time. He will not exert himself.

Reaction Score
In the physical BE, refs don't call all fouls.

caw

Reaction Score
I don't think the officiating was that bad. Some missed calls, but nothing horrendous.

Reaction Score
I don't blame this on the refs at all. It was a physical game but I thought it was pretty even. We just didn't execute. The team got very lazy and was just standing around for the last ten minutes of the game and that's why we lost. We've seen it so many times this year. They just can't keep their foot on the pedal consistently at the end of the games and get complacent.

Reaction Score
You must do a lot of "without crying".
Not lately, only 10 in the loss column last I checked. Try to put the crying and losses behind me. Big game tomorrow though! And whatever the outcome, I won't brag or cry. It's called dignity.

Reaction Score
Don't think the refs were a major factor other than one stretch that was crucial for us. Olander took it strong and looked like he was mugged (but I could be wrong - maybe it was clean), but more importantly, Fab Melo needed a saddle with how badly he went over Oriakhi's back for a rebound, and then Oriakhi's picked up his fourth immediately after reaching in on Triche. That sequence was what started the SU run to get back in it. But those things happen over the course of a game, and you need to overcome them.

Reaction Score
Don't think the refs were a major factor other than one stretch that was crucial for us. Olander took it strong and looked like he was mugged (but I could be wrong - maybe it was clean), but more importantly, Fab Melo needed a saddle with how badly he went over Oriakhi's back for a rebound, and then Oriakhi's picked up his fourth immediately after reaching in on Triche. That sequence was what started the SU run to get back in it. But those things happen over the course of a game, and you need to overcome them.

That was pretty bad. Equally bad was the grab on Boatright when he was streaking with the steal in the open court. Could have been called intentional. Instead it wasn't even called, and it forced him to throw to Shabazz who missed the layup.

Refs were OK today considering it was Higgins.

I wonder if UConn player would have been T'd up for reacting to a call the way Waiters did.

caw

Reaction Score
Not lately, only 10 in the loss column last I checked. Try to put the crying and losses behind me. Big game tomorrow though! And whatever the outcome, I won't brag or cry. It's called dignity.

Uhuh. OK then, congrats <<clap>>

SJ

Reaction Score
I doubt that because simply by coming here you are gloating and showing little dignity. Go party or something. :)

Reaction Score
I didn't really think the refs screwed either team from watching the game, seemed pretty even... But given that there is no complaining about the refs over on the Cuse board, they probably feel like they got away with something... that's usually how it goes

Reaction Score
I doubt that because simply by coming here you are gloating and showing little dignity. Go party or something. :)
Umm, gloating about what? I'm not a Syracuse fan, and we didn't win or even play today. I have no reason to party but thanks for the smiley

caw

Reaction Score
Umm, gloating about what? I'm not a Syracuse fan, and we didn't win or even play today. I have no reason to party but thanks for the smiley

Let's call it reveling in another's defeat then, or at least trying to do so.

Reaction Score
Call it what you want but to continuually blame refs for your losses starts to look pathetic. Page back to some other losses and the topic surfaces more often than not. Does caw=Cry And Whine?

Reaction Score
Call it what you want but to continuually blame refs for your losses starts to look pathetic. Page back to some other losses and the topic surfaces more often than not. Does caw=Cry And Whine?
Clothbreath!!! Read the entire thread. Most here do not blame the refs.

I really can't cry/complain over a 3 point loss to the #2 team in the country. Hopefully, it'll springboard us to a decent tourney run.
How will you guys fare vs future BE member Temple?

Reaction Score
Didn't say that all of you blame the refs but a few clowns bring it up after every loss. I agree that you played the number 2 very good. I think Uconn can do some damage in the tourney. Us, we have a good chance against Temple seeing how well we played them in Phily, 2 pt loss in OT. But they will be better prepared for us this time. Fran Dunphy is a great coach and the remaining BE teams should take the Owls seriously. We will have to run the table to get even close to where you'll be next week and that is a tall order

Reaction Score
Didn't say that all of you blame the refs but a few clowns bring it up after every loss. I agree that you played the number 2 very good. I think Uconn can do some damage in the tourney. Us, we have a good chance against Temple seeing how well we played them in Phily, 2 pt loss in OT. But they will be better prepared for us this time. Fran Dunphy is a great coach and the remaining BE teams should take the Owls seriously. We will have to run the table to get even close to where you'll be next week and that is a tall order

Agreed no reason to blame the refs but I also wonder why it would bother a UMass fan? "Only 10" in the loss column - please don't brag about that in the league you play in or the schedule you played!!!

Still, good luck in Philly!

Reaction Score
What a you are. At least we are discussing a game OUR team played in. You umas are obsessed with UConn. By the way, your team only lost 10 because you play in a crappy conference and play cupcakes out of conference. You coach is probably AFRAID to lose to good teams. 121 teams played a better schedule. Have fun continuing to play in that crappy conference because umess will never be invited into the Big East or any other real conference.

Reaction Score
What a you are. At least we are discussing a game OUR team played in. You umas are obsessed with UConn. By the way, your team only lost 10 because you play in a crappy conference and play cupcakes out of conference. You coach is probably AFRAID to lose to good teams. 121 teams played a better schedule. Have fun continuing to play in that crappy conference because umess will never be invited into the Big East or any other real conference.

Classic! You show up with that ridiculous avatar telling me I'm obsessed! How's the John Calipari man crush going?

Reaction Score
I agree with the schedule but not the league. 7th out of 32 isn't bad. And it's clear we dropped off your radar. A10 tourney hasn't been in Philly in years. Thanks for the well wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom