Recruits for Memphis Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruits for Memphis Game

Reaction Score
Yikes. All of a sudden it seems Illinois is repeatedly after some of our bigger targets. $ure $eem$ odd, doesn't it, that they're suddenly mining the Northeast for their best recruits when Chicago is right up the road?

Orlando Antigua joined the staff. He was raised in the Bronx and has been recruiting it for like 15 years. Plus the $ paying thing.

Reaction Score
could lose bouk and akok after their sophomore years.

Unless Bouk gains an appreciable amount of muscle to attain an NBA body, works on his outside shooting and Akok puts on muscle and works totally on his offensive game neither are going after their 2nd year. Bouk is closer to that goal than Akok right now
Both will be drafted, barring serious injury, its just a question of when they are ready
I think in Akok case , if he gets his shot falling he will be gone. He will be 21/22 years old. It also depends on family financial situations. He is stronger than he looks.
Bouk hopefully is here for three he could be an All American and lottery pick.

Reaction Score
I think in Akok case , if he gets his shot falling he will be gone. He will be 21/22 years old. It also depends on family financial situations. He is stronger than he looks.
My opinion as of today; Bouk has a better shot at being 2 and gone than Akok. If James continues to improve I can't see him staying more than 2.

Reaction Score

Unless Bouk gains an appreciable amount of muscle to attain an NBA body, works on his outside shooting and Akok puts on muscle and works totally on his offensive game neither are going after their 2nd year. Bouk is closer to that goal than Akok right now
Both will be drafted, barring serious injury, its just a question of when they are ready

All of those things you mentioned are definitely attainable for Bouk. I agree he is further along than Akok but both are capable of getting there by the end of next year. That’s a long way away. Not that I want to lose either of them but I feel like at least one will be gone after next season.

Reaction Score
Agree, neither is going anywhere, Akok especially after injury

Reaction Score

Kids leave all the time when they are not physically ready.

Reaction Score
What a game for these recruits to come to.

* Watch a freshman have an achilles injury and then the entire team rally around him. What said freshman cry tears of passion as he walks back to the bench despite his season ending injury. Watch said freshman stand up and cheer despite his walking boot. Watch the senior leader use his rare minutes on the bench to console the said freshman.

* Watch a coach go nuts defending his players, slamming his hands on center court after a big play.

* Watch the sellout crowd show up and crazy loud.

* Sit around UConn alum, which include NBA players who get a standing ovation for their return.

What a game!

Last edited:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
He shoots 38% from 3, that isn't good enough?
Bouk is running circles around everyone in the AAC. See that slam against Precious? After Precious slam? Priceless. Sadly Bouk is on his way out. Akok,I don't know. He started the season with a bang, but really hasn't shown that much since. Well the blocks are there that's for Sadly, he didn't need that injury today.

Reaction Score
Bouk is running circles around everyone in the AAC. See that slam against Precious? After Precious slam? Priceless. Sadly Bouk is on his way out. Akok,I don't know. He started the season with a bang, but really hasn't shown that much since. Well the blocks are there that's for Sadly, he didn't need that injury today.
What’s sad, man, is your point of view.

Reaction Score

AKOK might be out all next season, he's not going anywhere after the injury. Bouk will have a decision to make.

Reaction Score
curious only 2 recruits for 2021....hurley still casting a small net considering we might have 6 open schollys to fill.

polley, whaley, and carlton should be graduating. thats 3. could lose bouk and akok after their sophomore years. thats 5. looking more and more like we'll be getting a grad transfer big for next season. thats 6.

on the flip side we could have 0 open schollys in 2021. polley might redshirt next year and be back in 2022. whaley and carlton might transfer at the end of the season and be replaced this summer by freshmen or transfers. bouk and akok hopefully return for their junior years. we might still get cliff or sonogo for next season. thats 0.

in other words it's impossible to say how many open schollys there will be in 2021 but i'm gonna guess 3 or 4.

It's too early to worry about 2021. Hurley is not casting a small net

Reaction Score
People talking about Bouk leaving need to remember how our 1999 season depended on Rip Hamilton deciding to return for his junior year. Bouk would be smart to stay at least 3 years. Life goes by fast enough. Make a name for yourself at every level you live at. Why hit the fast forward button?

Reaction Score
It was very cool that Kentan Facey, Jalen Adams, and Shabazz were shown on the Jumbotron, that they were 'In The House' and the announcer let them know so that they could acknowledge the crowd, and sort of say hello. It was awesome; the fans loved it.

I hope they keep doing stuff like this.

Reaction Score
It was very cool that Kentan Facey, Jalen Adams, and Shabazz were shown on the Jumbotron, that they were 'In The House' and the announcer let them know so that they could acknowledge the crowd, and sort of say hello. It was awesome; the fans loved it.

I hope they keep doing stuff like this.
They used to do this all the time when former players/coaches would be in attendance. They have gotten away from it for at least the last few years. I don’t know if there was any reason, but I just figured it was maybe because they wanted to fly under the radar or didn’t want to be bothered by fans for pictures/autographs the whole game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom