Recruits for Memphis Game | The Boneyard

Recruits for Memphis Game

Reaction Score
Nate Santos is an interesting one. Thought he was an Illinois or creighton lean because he’s originally from Illinois but I wouldn’t mind him at all, he has a good frame and can really shoot. I am also pretty sure he is eligible to reclassify to 2020

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Nate Santos is an interesting one. Thought he was an Illinois or creighton lean because he’s originally from Illinois but I wouldn’t mind him at all, he has a good frame and can really shoot. I am also pretty sure he is eligible to reclassify to 2020
He’s been playing really well. Loomis is undefeated in league play. The biggest question with him was the injury last year but he seems to have recovered nicely. I like him A LOT because he’s just a flat out winner. Mental toughness has been a big question mark for us the past few years... Santos kid grew up in a military family being trained military style by his father.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’s been playing really well. Loomis is undefeated in league play. The biggest question with him was the injury last year but he seems to have recovered nicely. I like him A LOT because he’s just a flat out winner. Mental toughness has been a big question mark for us the past few years... Santos kid grew up in a military family being trained military style by his father.

I've seen enough, sign him up

Reaction Score
curious only 2 recruits for 2021....hurley still casting a small net considering we might have 6 open schollys to fill.

polley, whaley, and carlton should be graduating. thats 3. could lose bouk and akok after their sophomore years. thats 5. looking more and more like we'll be getting a grad transfer big for next season. thats 6.

on the flip side we could have 0 open schollys in 2021. polley might redshirt next year and be back in 2022. whaley and carlton might transfer at the end of the season and be replaced this summer by freshmen or transfers. bouk and akok hopefully return for their junior years. we might still get cliff or sonogo for next season. thats 0.

in other words it's impossible to say how many open schollys there will be in 2021 but i'm gonna guess 3 or 4.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
could lose bouk and akok after their sophomore years.

Unless Bouk gains an appreciable amount of muscle to attain an NBA body, works on his outside shooting and Akok puts on muscle and works totally on his offensive game neither are going after their 2nd year. Bouk is closer to that goal than Akok right now
Both will be drafted, barring serious injury, its just a question of when they are ready

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Unless Bouk gains an appreciable amount of muscle to attain an NBA body, works on his outside shooting and Akok puts on muscle and works totally on his offensive game neither are going after their 2nd year. Bouk is closer to that goal than Akok right now
Both will be drafted, barring serious injury, its just a question of when they are ready
He shoots 38% from 3, that isn't good enough?

Reaction Score
curious only 2 recruits for 2021....hurley still casting a small net considering we might have 6 open schollys to fill.

polley, whaley, and carlton should be graduating. thats 3. could lose bouk and akok after their sophomore years. thats 5. looking more and more like we'll be signing a grad transfer big for next season. thats 6.

on the flip side we could have 0 open schollys in 2021. polley might redshirt next year and be back in 2022. whaley and carlton might transfer at the end of the season and be replaced this summer by freshmen or transfers. bouk and akok hopefully return for their junior years. we might still sign cliff or sonogo for next season.

in other words i have no idea how many open schollys there will be in 2021...but probably between 0 and 6.

Bouk I’ll give 50/50 leaving after next season. He’ll be given the keys next year and will put up big numbers. Needs to improve his body and defense still.

Akok, at his current pace, might be a 4 year guy. With his frame he’d get eaten alive in the NBA. He needs a LEGIT 20-25 pounds to be an NBA power forward.

Reaction Score

Have u seen Ja Morant? This “NBA body” is only true for big men. Bouk should be fine

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Bouk I’ll give 50/50 leaving after next season. He’ll be given the keys next year and will put up big numbers. Needs to improve his body and defense still.

Akok, at his current pace, might be a 4 year guy. With his frame he’d get eaten alive in the NBA. He needs a LEGIT 20-25 pounds to be an NBA power forward.

Any chance you can rephrase that? :cool:

Reaction Score

Wait. Pre-existing injury. Why didn’t we know this? Consider
Him
Signed!!!!!!

Reaction Score

I think if anything, as long as the injury isn’t long lasting it could help us. Cant help but think Bouknight’s knee injury deterred other schools. Santos doesn’t have a long list of schools

His shooting form is great. He reminds me of a Polley with more athleticism. At 6’7 I’m surprised more schools aren’t knocking on his door.

Reaction Score

Both could be ready after their sophomore seasons. Getting 3 years out of them would be awesome but it’s probably not likely.

Reaction Score
Re: Bowen. I'm not sure how I feel about him.
I love it. Need me a shooter. And @husky429 there you go on Bowen

NERR has him as the best 2022 in New England. I trust that judgment. Have heard he had a 40pt game earlier this year, and is averaging over 20 as a sophomore.

Looks to me like he has a decent (not great) looking jumper, and can dribble with both hands pretty well. Finishes well with both too from what I can see. Important qualities.. 6'3 already--right up Hurley's alley.

Iowa, Georgetown, and Rutgers offers so far according to VC.

One of the better 2022s in EYBL. Played 5 games, and averaged 11/2.2/1.6 on good %s.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You mean Illinoi$? Uh oh :eek:

Yikes. All of a sudden it seems Illinois is repeatedly after some of our bigger targets. $ure $eem$ odd, doesn't it, that they're suddenly mining the Northeast for their best recruits when Chicago is right up the road?

Reaction Score
Chicago is right up the road

with the BE encompassing the midwest and chiraq squarely within its geographic footprint I'd like to see hurley making some recruiting inroads there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom