Recruiting: Wesley Clark to Missouri | The Boneyard

Recruiting: Wesley Clark to Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Welllll, that certainly puts a damper on things ... Do we offer Kendall Smith now ?

caw

Reaction Score
Next. Honestly like EC Matthews more of the two. Though I think Clark could have been really good here.

Reaction Score
Only seen highlights and can't gather too much from a player just from that but I was more impressed with Kendall Smith's highlights. XRM and Woodson are who we want, put the fullcourt press on these two.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
whos the kid from cali whos begging to be offered?

Reaction Score
Kendall Smith and his teammate Jordan Bell were both basically saying they would sign on the dotted line if UConn offered.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
im really hoping bazz can turn into taliek or marcus or even sheffer... i would love if we could get future pgs like them and get great complimentary pieces

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Kendall Smith and his teammate Jordan Bell were both basically saying they would sign on the dotted line if UConn offered.
are we waiting to see what the other kids were recruiting do? and then offer him/them?

Reaction Score
No clue but that sure seems to be the case. We want a pg, combo guard and back to the basket big man.

Reaction Score
I really liked Clarks game. Liked it a lot more than EC Matthews. I dont think we should even be recruiting Kendall Smith. Saw him play once wasnt impressed his shot has bad form and cant shoot. If we wanna take a project type point guard then I would much rather have Terrence Samuel.

I'm sure the staff is trying to decide if we need a PG in this class. Bazz and Boat could both be back but you never know how that stuff will play out.

Reaction Score
im really hoping bazz can turn into taliek or marcus or even sheffer... i would love if we could get future pgs like them and get great complimentary pieces

Taliek was a bigger, stronger guard who could bang through picks and defend physically although if Bazz kept his guy in front of him like TB, he'd be fine because of his quickness. He has the ability to be a real good pest on D and needs to get back to that. He's a better offensive player than Taliek by far, than Marcus shooting the ball but not as good a passer. If he had Doron's game to go with his own quickness we'd be really happy! Of those 3 I would love to see him play like Doron, great up court passer on the break, intelligent leader and clutch shooter.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling we didn't get him because we weren't going after him hard enough. I would have to say that it is because we are going as hard as we can for XRM and Woodson.

Reaction Score
How quick people forget about Frank Haith's involvement in illegal recruiting under his watch at Miami. And it wasn't minor like a boaster pushing a kid to his school. It was CASH PAYMENT to several of his players. The NCAA has not ruled on this yet, but I hope they drop the hammer on him. Something stinks in Mizzou, and I wouldn't be surprised if Haith was illegally recruiting AO during last season.

Reaction Score
I am sure they had Alex talk to Clark at some point on his visit. How do you think that went?

Reaction Score
How quick people forget about Frank Haith's involvement in illegal recruiting under his watch at Miami. And it wasn't minor like a boaster pushing a kid to his school. It was CASH PAYMENT to several of his players. The NCAA has not ruled on this yet, but I hope they drop the hammer on him. Something stinks in Mizzou, and I wouldn't be surprised if Haith was illegally recruiting AO during last season.

Nah, I'm sure it is because he is a high energy recruiter who told them they only have to stay one year and will let his kids play an up-tempo NBA game to show off their skills to NBA scouts and won't make them take tough classes. Plus, Missouri has a beautiful campus with great facilities for athletes, awesome weather, a rabid fanbase and lots of gorgeous co-eds for the players. That's probably why all of these kids want to play there.;)

caw

Reaction Score

Frank Haith: 8 years as a head coach, 2 NCAAT appearances (1 first round loss as a #2 seed and 1 second round loss as a #7 seed). Yet somehow he has now beaten JC and UConn out for two or three guards and gotten Oriakhi to transfer there from UConn. Yeah that makes sense.

I have no idea if Haith was recruiting AO when he was here, I wouldn't doubt Pressey was, and I have no problem with AO going there.

Jabari Brown's and Durand Scott's recruitments were sketchy as hell though. I'm not complaining, in hindsight, if Scott had come to UConn, perhaps Lamb wouldn't have.

Wes Clark's recruitment/commitment doesn't seem to be nearly as shady as Brown's and Scott's, but I could be wrong.

Reaction Score
AO wanted to play with Phil Pressey and Missouri will be very good this year on paper. That may not translate to a big run on the court but only time will tell. Haith is not under the radar recruiting wise and this is Missouri's first good pickup for 2013. They lose 5 seniors off this years team opening up plenty of SEC PT. As Burnbro mentioned players are looking for that perfect fit personnel wise. Will Pressey be back next year? You could make a stronger argument Boatright will leave before Pressey. I think though it is 50/50 on Boatrights return because RB will have a big year . I can see Boatright returning though and leading UConn with Bazz and Omar to National Championship #4 in 2013-14. That would be storybook and it is a distinct possibility.

I think logically UConn was the best choice for Clark. It is my opinion he will regret the decision if things shake out as we all hope they will next year. That of course is with optimistic speculation. Either play behind Boatright for 1 year while winning a National Championship or be the #1 point with Bazz next year. At Missouri it looks like NIT next year with Clark as the starting point without Pressey or play with Pressey and get bounced in the first round of the NCAA's in 2013-14. I'll take the former not the latter. JMHO

Reaction Score
My point is that Haith could be in big trouble when the NCAA rules on the Miami case.

caw

Reaction Score
AO wanted to play with Phil Pressey and Missouri will be very good this year on paper. That may not translate to a big run on the court but only time will tell. Haith is not under the radar recruiting wise and this is Missouri's first good pickup for 2013. They lose 5 seniors off this years team opening up plenty of SEC PT. As Burnbro mentioned players are looking for that perfect fit personnel wise. Will Pressey be back next year? You could make a stronger argument Boatright will leave before Pressey. I think though it is 50/50 on Boatrights return because RB will have a big year . I can see Boatright returning though and leading UConn with Bazz and Omar to National Championship #4 in 2013-14. That would be storybook and it is a distinct possibility.

I think logically UConn was the best choice for Clark. It is my opinion he will regret the decision if things shake out as we all hope they will next year. That of course is with optimistic speculation. Either play behind Boatright for 1 year while winning a National Championship or be the #1 point with Bazz next year. At Missouri it looks like NIT next year with Clark as the starting point without Pressey or play with Pressey and get bounced in the first round of the NCAA's in 2013-14. I'll take the former not the latter. JMHO

You think Wes Clark was going to step in and be the #1 PG if Boat leaves? Over Napier? I highly doubt it. Clark would have been #2 or #3 as a freshman, and only #2 if Boat leaves. I realize nothing is in stone, but I don't see Wes outworking Napier or being better as a freshman.

H

Husk-E

I like both a lot. Kendall Smith is solid, and Jordan Bell plays good defense. I think we should go ahead and offer them.

Reaction Score
Not really sure what all the Kendall Smith love is about. Are people claiming we should offer him saying this purely off of youtube highlight videos? There's a reason why we haven't offered him. There's a reason why he's taking visits to places like San Jose State and Long Beach State. What exactly (other than some fancy passes in a highlight tape) suggest that Smith is anything other than a mid-major recruit?

Reaction Score
You think Wes Clark was going to step in and be the #1 PG if Boat leaves? Over Napier? I highly doubt it. Clark would have been #2 or #3 as a freshman, and only #2 if Boat leaves. I realize nothing is in stone, but I don't see Wes outworking Napier or being better as a freshman.

.. who's to say Napier will still be here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom